Who was the better X-faction

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Who was the better X-faction?

X-men
86%
X-force
14%
Ive never read a comic in my life
No votes

Total votes: 14

ThunderCracker84

Who was the better X-faction

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Well, would you say X-men or X-force?

Im going w/ X-force
Djar][aCho
Protoform

Post by Djar][aCho »

x-men
although I also liked generation-x,
Jubilation and M were great.. and skin,, yES!
did you know there is more mercury in the average ocean fish than in a rectal thermometer? would you eat a rectal thermometer?? well i would!! :-)
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

X-Force? And you are?
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

X-Men, Hey they had a Canadian on their side ;).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmmm, I've already voted, but thought I'd kick X-Force when they're down. C'mon, their two best members were cooler when they were in X-Men! Sunspot was a blatant rip-off of the world's mightiest mutant! And Boom-Boom/Boomer/Meltdown/Tabitha was a f*ckwit.
OmegaDenmad
Protoform

?

Post by OmegaDenmad »

X-Force? :confused:
Insert philosophical phrase here. Yeaaaaah right.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I dunno what the hell X-Force is...but X-Men always rules; and they had a pretty good movie made outta them too. :)

R.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

X-Force were basically the New Mutants when someone pointed out that they'd churned out about 100 issues of the title, and the mob weren't exactly new. I'm a bit fzzy on their rota, but I think initiailly it was: Cable [leader emeritus], Cannonball [deputy leader], Boom Boom [tw@], Sunspot, Rictor, Rahne [or was it the other one that looked like her? Feral? No, she was X-Factor, Rahne it is...], Siryn and maybe Shatterstar, not sure when he turned up, just thank God he went back there. Of course, the rota mutated [boom boom! hey, two puns in half a sentence! I'm Adam fooking Sandler, give me millions of dollars to appear in mindless film for 8 year olds], with both Cable and Cannonball getting stretches on the X-Men rota [I think Sam was in gold team, while Cable just got on the nerves of whoever was around by shooting things], and many characters walking out in search of more creditable books. Except Boom-Boom, who got a new codemname [Meltdown] but got much more annoying. Most of the newer characters were less cop than the new Thunderbird, and didn't hang around. IMHO the book was kinda made redundant by the idea of Generation X, but ironically it was one of a few X-books to survive the streamlining and relaunch of the line last year.

EDIT: Redstreak, I've just seen your comment on the movie. You seem a nice guy, and it's probably a typo, so I'll let it ride. But don't let it happen again...
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

X-Men,mon ami!
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
The uiltmate prime fan
Protoform

Post by The uiltmate prime fan »

the x-men. but not the current incarnation, the one from the golden age. i speack off course of the "new" X-men, the second team lineup.
usually, i try to write some sort of inspirational bullsh*t here, but i suspect that wont fly.

the strong should always protect the weak and those who cant defend themselves. any that dont have no honor.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Erm, we can't really be picky on WHICH X-Men, I could name lots of rotas of the top of my head:

Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Angel
Cyclops, Wolverine, Sunfire, Thunderbird, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, Angel, Marvel Girl, Iceman
Cyclops, Wolverine, Thunderbird, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm
Cyclops, Wolverine, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm
Cyclops, Wolverine, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, Phoenix
Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, Phoenix
Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, Phoenix, Sprite
Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, Phoenix, Sprite, Angel

etc.... I could probably come up with 40 different combinations off the top of my head, all with official changes to the teams...
Halfshell

Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby, Warren, Alex, Lorna...

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, Phoenix, Sprite
Me thought that Kitty didnae join officially until after Dark Phoenix...
Denyer

Mmmm...

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Djar][aCho
and skin,, yES!
...that statement lends itself to so many readings! But yeah, the first issue in particular was kewl.
Cliffjumper

Re: Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby, Warren, Alex, Lorna...

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Brendocon

Me thought that Kitty didnae join officially until after Dark Phoenix...
Hmm, question is what officially counts as joining the X-Men? I'd count Emma Frost, Stacy X, Chamber and Angel [the one that's not Archangel] as current members, I don't recall them joining more officially than Kitty did in the Hellfire Club biz... That could just be me though! Yeh, she did go back to living with her 'rents for a bit, so I suppose she didn't count... Does this mean I'm not allowed to do my list of every X-Men rota I can think of anymore?
Jetfire

Hmmmmm

Post by Jetfire »

... Does this mean I'm not allowed to do my list of every X-Men rota I can think of anymore?
Nope.Carry it on
Halfshell

Re: Re: Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby, Warren, Alex, Lorna...

Post by Halfshell »

Yeh, she did go back to living with her 'rents for a bit, so I suppose she didn't count...
Well, if she did ya have to at least chuck Ms Blaire into the same list...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Maybe I will, chief, maybe I will... hmm, my attempt to cover that mistkae is costing me....
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

EDIT: Redstreak, I've just seen your comment on the movie. You seem a nice guy, and it's probably a typo, so I'll let it ride. But don't let it happen again...
:p
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

X-Force with Cable in the early days was better than the X-Teams...course, now X-Force is a joke with the original members all in "retirement" so to speak...and cable off doing...Cable things. (Why can't he just join the X-Men and take over for that pill of a father he has...damnit!) Now X-Men are back as the top mutant team.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Sunspot was a blatant rip-off of the world's mightiest mutant!
I didn't think the Torch counted as a mutant...