Civil War

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Blitzwing

Civil War

Post by Blitzwing »

Anybody else really excited about this? I know Marvel always hypes up their big summer events to the point that they can never live up to it, but I think this time it will be different. Mark Miller is the man, and the New Avengers artist is great.

Also can't wait for the Runaways/Young Avengers Civil War Crossover. I've been waiting over a year now for these two teams to finally meet. Shame they didn't get one of the writers from either of the titles to do it though.

Yes, I'm a Marvel fanboy, and I'm not ashamed of it.
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

I recently got back into the Marvel Universe after reading some nice TPBs like Secret War, House Of M and New Avengers.
Still, I was only planning on collecting TPBs, but when I saw some Civil War posters at Wizard World it caught my eye so I attanded the pannel. Sounds pretty interesting and I alrady bought two of the Spider Man "Road to Civil War" issues, too bad I missed out on the Illuminati special and now the stores around me are all sold out of them.

I plan on getting all the main "Civil War/Fronline" issues and as many of the crossovers as I can.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

yeah i'm ready and waiting
One shall stand, One shall fall...
Hound

Post by Hound »

I don't expect much. I was tremendously dissappointed in House of M and I'm only mildly impressed by Millar. I'll read it and if it turns out well, great! If not I'll not be very surprised.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

I will be keeping up with the F4 and New Avengers aspects of it, but I'm not going hog wild for it like I did for last year's house of M. I have every single issue of it across every title, and truth be told, there were only a few good stories, like Hulk, F4 (of course) and Iron Man. I was never a big fan of the X Men anyways, but I wanted to be able to say "hey, I did it."

Of course, this Civil War thing is looking good- they kicked it off with the resurrection of Victor, and there is no better way to start it.:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Hound
I don't expect much. I was tremendously dissappointed in House of M and I'm only mildly impressed by Millar. I'll read it and if it turns out well, great! If not I'll not be very surprised.

My sentiments exactly. House of M was a huge dissapointment, and the whole idea for this series just sounded dumb. That being said....I read issue 1 today, and I really liked it.

Oh, and something dawned on me. Spiderman recently got this dumb new costume, and when they did it, I thought @#$@#$@#! When are they going to learn not to f%@k with his costume? Makes sense now though. The original costume embodies the underground movement, the new one represents the registered heroes movement.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

After reading issue #1 I've realised that I read way too many comic articles, because everything that happened in it, I had already known was going to happen. I think I might need to keep away from the comic websites for the next few months if I don't want to spoil the rest of the story for my self.

Otherwise... yes, I'm still very excited about this series. Can't wait 'till the Frontline issues start appearing.
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

does anyone have a list of what comics civil war will crossover with

what does everyone think of the discovery of thors hammer over in ff

i kinda like the new spidey outfit
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by kupimus aka(clocker)
does anyone have a list of what comics civil war will crossover with

Amazing Spider-Man #529-537
Black Panther #18
Cable & Deadpool #30-32
Captain America #22-24
Civil War #1-7
Civil War: Frontline #1-10
Civil War: X-Men #1-4
Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1-4
Fantastic Four #536-543
Heroes for Hire #1-3
Iron Man #13-14
Ms. Marvel #6-8
New Avengers #21-25
New Avengers: Illuminati Special
Punsiher: War Journal #1-3
She-Hulk #8
Thunderbolts #103-105
Wolverine #42-47
X-Factor #8-9
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

thanks

i've already got amazing sm #529 and the ending did make me want to find out what happens next. Unfortunately i've been looking at different websites to much and already know what happens next without even getting the next issue.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

What I don't understand about Amazing Spiderman #529 is that why does he have to unmask for the entire public? Isn't the Hero Registration Act about Heroes giving their identities to the US government... not the press? Isn't one of the points that the Pro-Registration Act heroes are trying to make is that they can trust the US government to keep their secret identities secret from the public?
Hound

Post by Hound »

I've been thinking this for several months now so I'm just going to say it, just in case I'm right. That way I can gloat that I knew it all along.

I think Tony Stark has been replaced by an LMD or some kind of evil clone. Ever since he took Peter under his wing and started giving him all kinds of attention. I figure Pete's life is going on way too well at the moment and something catastrophically wrong is about to happen and I think it will be all "Tony Stark's" fault.

They had that whole Hydra plot going for a couple issues and then it kind of dropped.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I don't know about that. Tom B has gone on the record to say there isn't a bad guy who's the mastermind behind this. But I suppose he could be lying.
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
What I don't understand about Amazing Spiderman #529 is that why does he have to unmask for the entire public? Isn't the Hero Registration Act about Heroes giving their identities to the US government... not the press? Isn't one of the points that the Pro-Registration Act heroes are trying to make is that they can trust the US government to keep their secret identities secret from the public?

Tony asked to do it in public so he could set an example to any superhuman that`s opposing the registration. It doesn`t mean the others will also have to reveal themselves in front of the press.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Transfannabeel
I don't know about that. Tom B has gone on the record to say there isn't a bad guy who's the mastermind behind this. But I suppose he could be lying.
I never said that Tony is the mastermind behind Civil War. I just said he's been replaced by an LMD and that he's going to mess up Peter's life.
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

so your saying S.H.I.E.L.D. could be behind it or someone just stole a LMD from them. (jackal, green goblin...nah even marvel wouldn't do that)

better not be a clone
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Hound

Post by Hound »

No, not SHIELD, probably Hydra.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Bah! They just announced that Civil War #4 is being pushed back to mid September, and #5 is being pushed back to November!

I can't believe this... a lot of the tie-in issues are being pushed back as well.

I can understand a couple weeks delay, but 2 months.... that's garbage.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Unless some major catastrophe has occured. Like one of the writers'/artists' relatives dying?

But yeah... it sucks. I want more Frontline, dammit!
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

How far is this from the actual issue?

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_ ... tml#cutid1