New pictures of Movie Leader class Optimus Prime

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Knightdramon
Protoform

New pictures of Movie Leader class Optimus Prime

Post by Knightdramon »

Images cannot be mirrored due to a request from toyfare.

With no further delay, I present you an engineering beauty
Leader Class Optimus Prime

Looks much more streamlined than BOTH previous photoshoots of proto and catalogue.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Nice alt mode, bot modes got a terrible waist/hip problem, but having had a better look its not too bad otherwise.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Ultra Magnus
Protoform

Post by Ultra Magnus »

It looks very cool It is on my buy list
Clay

Post by Clay »

Long smoke stacks... eyes will be poked out!

That thing looks pretty gosh darn neat.

Not as cool as the helicoptor, but gosh darn neat nonetheless.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Nope... no love here. Looks jumbled and messy to me (in both modes)... compared to Classics Optimus, it is just not there.

Tastes may vary.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Movie toys rule, This movie will kick your ass
Come on and wind me up.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Whatever.

Fortunately, when I entered puberty over 20 years ago, movies no longer had the ability to kick my ass. :P
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I know this is a news topic, and i hate to drag the thread into an antagonistic pissing match, but Vanguard you asked for this:

Hate the movie all you want, post any dissenting comment you wish but saying this movie can't kick your ass is the epitome of denial.

Those of us who have been around the forums for a while are well aware of your disdain for the movie and the designs. Here, though, you are in a minority.

Transformers 2007 will rule, both box office and as a new lineage of toys. This is the future of the franchise and will return Transformers to the average American household. Live off of the past and you have already doomed yourself.

When Beast Wars was in pre-production it was derided and chastised, now it is held up as an example of how good Transformers can be. As it looks right now you are in a similar camp as those who hated Beast Wars before before ever watching it. Your argument is faulty.
Come on and wind me up.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

In all fairness in the post you're talking about Another Tf Fan, Vangaurd actually says that movies nowadays generally lack the ability to "kick my ass", so he wasn't actually slating the new Tf movie, just comparing how he felt about movies when he was younger to how he feels about them now.

Also i quote from yourself "Transformers 2007 will rule", one could accuse you of denial as well considering that no one currently knows the what the real responce to the movie will be, personally i'm going for the "wait and see" approach, though given what is known so far im not going in expecting the be all and end all of films.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

And as TFVanguard mentioned, tastes may vary. On the whole the movie toys look OK for me, but so far none have made me think "must have that". This OP is a good example, it's OK but I'm not interested actually paying for it. Too large and expensive to my taste.
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

I like the alternate mode, and the robot mode is good despite a clear waist flaw.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Wow!

:eek:

That throws my year's budgeting somewhat...

In the tough world of little money I had relegated big Movie Prime to the - 'if I somehow come into some money' - backup list. The orginal photos looked good, just not totally mind blowing - like these new photos do!

Well, I'll see if I can convince my brother to bring them (Prime & Megs) back from the States. At least that'd half the price, and get me back on budget!

:rolleyes:

If anything, the movie is already delivering nifty new takes on the Transformers design, which seem to fit all too well with me!

(Not a fan of the Classics Prime, by the way - love the mold, the colours just didn't do it for me. Definitely happy with Classics Magnus! Still - two brilliant lines in a row???? Flippin heck, they could at least separate them with another Energon! ;) )

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

If classics Magnus had a different head (one based on RID Magnus), it would probably be one of my most favorite TFs of all the lines. As it is, both it and Prime are among my top ten. So I suppose any follow up is going to be tough to measure up, at least for me.

But, this Prime has a lot of jumble, a lot of slapped colors, and a god-awful head sculpt. (It's accurate to the movie, but that's not a plus in my book).

Actually, the head sculpts are what's deal-breaking to me. Something a smidge more traditional would do wonders for them, as a lot of their body designs are actually quite good. But, as it is, only the 'Real Gear' figures have tempted me at this point.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
If classics Magnus had a different head (one based on RID Magnus), it would probably be one of my most favorite TFs of all the lines. As it is, both it and Prime are among my top ten. So I suppose any follow up is going to be tough to measure up, at least for me.

But, this Prime has a lot of jumble, a lot of slapped colors, and a god-awful head sculpt. (It's accurate to the movie, but that's not a plus in my book).

Actually, the head sculpts are what's deal-breaking to me. Something a smidge more traditional would do wonders for them, as a lot of their body designs are actually quite good. But, as it is, only the 'Real Gear' figures have tempted me at this point.

as everyone knows, i am nto a fan of the heads ether in some respects, but i am amazed at that ultimate bumble bee! he is a definate on my list to buy!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I might see the movie, but I'm not gonna buy any of the toys. I just don't like the designs enough.

Except maybe the Real Gear line.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Yeah the hips look a little akward, but otherwise very nice fig.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by another tf fan
Hate the movie all you want, post any dissenting comment you wish but saying this movie can't kick your ass is the epitome of denial.
Just another summer family-oriented geek movie. Ditto Superman Returns and similar large-budget affairs.
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

I'm a connoisseur of summer family geek films so there we are.
Mikotron
Protoform

Post by Mikotron »

New head and repaint would make a great Movie Ultra Magnus.

I am getting the Powermaster prime vibe also.
Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG