Protoform

TF Prime "future"!

Post by Rhodes »

Orci on the goal of making the new show a bit more kid-friendly! Hummm

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/07/r ... imes-story
Me Grimlock Kick But...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I thought Rescue Bots was taking care of the younger kids? Just based on season one, as enjoyable as it is, Prime is hardly so ubber violent or complex in its plotting (I mean, they shamelessly remade Grimlock's New Brain with that one Bulkhead episode, we're not talking highbrow here. Or even Highbrow) that it'd be beyond the average 8 year old.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Probably just going to inject much more comedy, I reckon.

They're keeping continuity and production teams and the such, though, so I have fingers crossed for a sequel...
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Which kind of brings up a question that's been bugging me. We had a discussion about voice actors bumping up into a higher pay bracket after a show crosses a certain number of episodes. So what does it take to make it a "new" show? Does a simple title change do it? Does a certain percentage of the actors and/or crew have to be changed? I'm kind of curious how they would define that legally if someone pressed the point.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

One of the things Dan Gilvezan mentioned in his talk at AA was that Peter Cullen had a general Hasbro contract to be the voice of Prime in everything (that's probably a huge simplification, but conveys the general gist), so I'm not sure how that'd be affected by show change/episode number thing.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Interesting point, Notabot. The only example I can cite would be the switch from Beast Wars to Beast Machines. Same VAs, same production house..just different writers - so maybe its the latter where the difference in claiming something is a new show is to be found.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I think the writers are the same, no? Orci and the other dudes who were originally movie scriptwriters are the ones still handling the new series. There will be a change in tone, for sure, and I'm banking on a slight change in the cast as well... but anything else would probably in the realm of speculation.