New in-package pics: Alt Windcharger, and... Universe Spychanger reissues?!?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

New in-package pics: Alt Windcharger, and... Universe Spychanger reissues?!?

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread60102.html

Note they seriously trimmed down Windcharger's gun.

Also note the Spychangers (which are simply re-releases of the "G1" Spychangers) have some weird artwork.

Silverstreak has Alternators Silverstreak's artwork.
Autobot Jazz and Wheeljack have Heroes of Cybertron Autobot Jazz and Wheeljack's artworks.
Hoist has Commemorative Series V Hoist's artwork.
Prowl has Enegron (!) Prowl's artwork.

Not sure about Optimus Prime.

Needless to say, NONE of these artworks look like the toys AT ALL...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

I think Prime's is from the HoC communicator version.

That's too bad about Windcharger's gun, but I'm getting it anyhow. (Is there a disparity in the gun position between the art and the photo on the back? It looks it...)
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

is it just me or does windcharger look alot worse in the pics on the box than in all the other pics that ive seen. and i am also pretty disgusted with the choice of names, paintjobs and the pictures on the back of the box for all of the "spychangers"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

God, imagine that... a Transformer toy with barely any ressemblance to its' boxart.

Duck everybody! G1 reissues!

Windcharger looks like an overgrown Car Brother. though a Grimlock I must have...

Any news as to when they're bothering to release any Alternators past Smokescreen in the UK?
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Any news as to when they're bothering to release any Alternators past Smokescreen in the UK?

Argos seem to have moved onto Silverstreak, though they've missed out sideswipe sadly. Other than that I haven't seen any at all, Toys R Us have maybe got smokescreen, but no more as far as I'm aware. It's annoying, but doesn't bother me overly as I'll be getting a mate to buy some for me when he's in America. :cool:

I have to say I'm really not overlly impressed with Windcharger, there's just nothing about him that stands out to me whatsoever.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by The Dark Optimus Prime
is it just me or does windcharger look alot worse in the pics on the box than in all the other pics that ive seen.

It's official Hasbro pics. What did you expect? :rolleyes:
and i am also pretty disgusted with the choice of names, paintjobs and the pictures on the back of the box for all of the "spychangers"

Well, technically, those "G1" Spychangers have been out for about a year by now, albeit as Kaybee exclusives and in different packaging.

Oddly enough, Hound is available in both Belgium and the Netherlands, so I wonder why he hasn't been released in the UK yet?!?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, they still don't have anything past Sideswipe as far as alternators go in Boston . . . they'd better start releasing more . . .

If I miss Grimlock because of that, I'll be sh*tting bullets!

EDIT: I was on the fence about Windcharger, and this just pushed me onto the no side. If you sqint, you can make out on the box that it's meant to be a "shield," instead of a gun. I guess that's in case he loses his hood. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd make some new spychanger molds. That would be cool. I fail to see the point of repackaging them. They might as well just put them out with the old card . . .
shanewils
Protoform

Post by shanewils »

Any news as to when they're bothering to release any Alternators past Smokescreen in the UK? [/B]

I live in the UK and i have all the Alternators so Far :

Smokescreen
Sideswipe
Hound
Silverstreak
Miester
Dead End
Tracks

I got them All from Action-hq.com and with shipping they cost about 17 quid each. They also have grimlock on sale now and swindle and windcharger on pre order
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Originally posted by shanewils
I live in the UK and i have all the Alternators so Far :

Smokescreen
Sideswipe
Hound
Silverstreak
Miester
Dead End
Tracks

I got them All from Action-hq.com and with shipping they cost about 17 quid each. They also have grimlock on sale now and swindle and windcharger on pre order

you know...its really depressing when overseas has had better distrubution than boston -.- i really need to move to a better town
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Heresy! There is no better town! Hasbro's based in RI, a state that's notorious for its envy of Massachusetts. ;)

Although, he had to order them online, which is why he got them. Really, it's been almost a year since Sideswipe came out and they still haven't put out a new figure. That's just disgracefull. There's no way they can blame stores for this either, since there have been plenty of times when I've seen supplies dwindle to two alts, and then they restock with only Smokescreens and Sideswipes. Really, I'm starting to suspect that Hasbro's trying to screw collectors by making these things rare on purpose.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Heresy! There is no better town! Hasbro's based in RI, a state that's notorious for its envy of Massachusetts. ;)

Although, he had to order them online, which is why he got them. Really, it's been almost a year since Sideswipe came out and they still haven't put out a new figure. That's just disgracefull. There's no way they can blame stores for this either, since there have been plenty of times when I've seen supplies dwindle to two alts, and then they restock with only Smokescreens and Sideswipes. Really, I'm starting to suspect that Hasbro's trying to screw collectors by making these things rare on purpose.

its true there is no better town but this crap distro is really pissing me off by now, i havent been to the KB Toys at the Galleria in Cambridge in a little while but im sure i would find the same results there as i would in all the Newbury Comics and Toys R Us
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

You'd find a lot less. Their selection literally sucks monkey balls. the best KB is KB toyworks, which is in Braintree, in the minimall with the Stop and Shop and TJ Max. It has the biggest selection, but that just means they tend to keep up with other stores. The prices are higher, and if you're looking for alternators, forget it.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

joy -.- at least theres always amazon if i need it....but is there some way that i can just shoot anyone having to do with hasbro distro?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, if you do and any one asks, I know nothing. ;)
EvillEdd
Protoform

Post by EvillEdd »

I feel lucky. I found all the new spychangers at Kay-Bees about three months ago. Haven't seen em since however. It must've been a mistake though, Kay-Bee actually stocking something exclusive to them. Spychanger Prime and Scourge look awesome posed together though.
Whirl's Rear Rotor

Post by Whirl's Rear Rotor »

As far as getting other Alternators in the UK goes, I seem to remember a news thread on here saying that Hasbro UK had no plans to release any other Alternators here because they had a hard enough time getting places to stock Smokescreen. So it seems TRU and other regular stockists are out, the only places you'll see them are places that import them.