Hasbro question and answer sessions [Fall 2008]

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Hasbro question and answer sessions [Fall 2008]

Post by Denyer »

http://idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4657

From what I gather the "five questions per site" is probably a measure to stem the tide somewhat... anyway, questions will be selected / passed on by Phil Kost, who already has links with a group at the company from dealings with Joes stuff.

Play nice, he seems like a thoroughly decent chap.

The equivalent Joes thread can be found here:
http://www.joereloaded.com/forum/viewto ... =23&t=2081

Update:

It seems this isn't invite-only, so start speculating on questions...
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Will Universe Ratchet's helmet be colored in the Marvel colors?
Steam: Hot Shot
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Just a few helpful disclaimers:

1. Hasbro will not answer any "Revenge of the Fallen"-related questions at this point. That applies to the plot of the movie, actors appearing in it and the corresponding toyline.

2. This Q&A is for HASBRO. Asking questions about TAKARATOMY products (Encore reissues, e-Hobby redecos etc.) would better be aimed at TakaraTomy, unless the question is specifically about a potential Hasbro release of those toys.

3. The questions most certainly will take a while to get answered. So any questions along the lines of "When exactly is Toy X that's supposed to come out this month going to hit stores" are essentially a waste of bandwidth. Even moreso because this micro-level of distribution might actually be beyond Hasbro's control. So in general, try to avoid questions that have a huge chance of getting resolved (such as Toy X being sighted in stores) before Hasbro get around to answer them.

4: Try to avoid really trivial questions, especially ones that can easily be answered by other fans or have been answered several times in the past already. This involves questions of the "Why did you call Octane Tankor for Universe" (trademarks), "Why no Masterpiece/other realistic-toy-gun-alt-mode Megatron in the USA" (tight legislation on realistic firearm replicas), "Why no gun barrel for Alternators Windcharger" (Honda USA called the shots on that) etc. variety. If you KNOW a question has been answered by Hasbro before, or other fans keep tossing around a sourced, reasonable explanation, what point is there in bothering Hasbro with the same questions over and over again?

So better ask something that might actually have a chance of being answered, and still be useful by the time it's answered. :)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

And here are my own questions:

1) Some of the 2007 Movie toys were originally designed with different head sculpts, as seen in the stock photos on the back of the packaging. Was it ever considered to use those heads for the redecos?

2) Some toys have parts (particularly heads) attached to the rest of the body via a joint that would allow for articulation, but there are permanently attached parts (doors, fins, hinges, what-have-you) blocking them, thus allowing for about 0.1 degrees of articulation. How do design flaws like these happen?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

- Do you feel sorry for TakaraTomy? Or just embarrassed?

- Any plans for any more Gobot homages in the TF line, seeing as you're sitting on most of the trademarks and just not letting anyone else use them for anything?

- Pretenders. Seriously, did you actually expect that to work? Or was it just a result of some cocaine-fuelled binge?
Civ

Post by Civ »

I asked the following:

1. What is the status, if any, of Hasbro obtaining the "Trailbreaker" trademark?
2. If the "Trailbreaker" trademark cannot be obtained, why hasn't a substitute name been issued for the character? Examples would be Tankor for Octane, Hardshell for Bombshell, Rodimus for Hot Rod, etc or even a brand new name like Stockade, Offroaditron, and Big Black Bot.
3. Out of curiousity, why hasn't a blue and gray G1 Bluestreak/Silverstreak (using the Ladybird Z G1 mold) been issued as shown in the 1984 toy catalogue and the Takara reissue of Meister back around 2003ish? There's been Hauler, Sunstorm, Electrum Jazz, Black Ironhide, and several others but not that. It would just be a straight-up repaint and it would be nice to have the opportunity to buy one even if it was just as an E-hobby deal.
4. I personally loved the more realistic and mature colors used on Japanese MP-3 Starscream and 2007 Movie Starscream. Is it reasonable to expect seeing more realistically colored molds for Starscream and possibly the other jets?
5. Are there any plans to make a Universe 2.0 version of G1 Gears and G1 Windcharger?
6. As a yes or no question, are there any current plans to redo Beast Wars or Beast Machines characters like what was done with BlackArachnia (Animated), Wasp (Animated), and Cheetor (25th Anniversary)? To clarify: any plans for redos of say Rhinox, Optimus Primal, BW Megatron, BW Scorponok, Rattrap, Tigatron, Airazor, Terrorsaur, or any others?

Though to be honest, I'm not sure who calls the shots on the e-hobby items.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Civ wrote:3. Out of curiousity, why hasn't a blue and gray G1 Bluestreak/Silverstreak (using the Ladybird Z G1 mold)
*cough* Fairlady Z*cough*
been issued as shown in the 1984 toy catalogue and the Takara reissue of Meister back around 2003ish? There's been Hauler, Sunstorm, Electrum Jazz, Black Ironhide, and several others but not that. It would just be a straight-up repaint and it would be nice to have the opportunity to buy one even if it was just as an E-hobby deal.
Er...
Though to be honest, I'm not sure who calls the shots on the e-hobby items.
Certainly not Hasbro.
4. I personally loved the more realistic and mature colors used on Japanese MP-3 Starscream and 2007 Movie Starscream. Is it reasonable to expect seeing more realistically colored molds for Starscream and possibly the other jets?
As long as fans keep asking for slavish G1 decos, I'd say "no".

Yeah, personally I think it's best to pool questions first, cross out those that can easily be answered by other fans, fix any potential errors and then submit them.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Well, it looks like I have some editting to do. Thanks. Also..."doh!" for my Fairlady Z mix-up.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Any chance of seeing new Bludgeon or Thunderwing toys for the 25th Anniversary?

Does Australia just get leftover toy allotments? It seems that we miss out on a lot of toys from various lines, or get such limited numbers (at already too high prices in the stores), that it's impossible to get them.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

It seems like the ball joint revolutionized Transformer toys to a huge extent, one that really hasn't been paralleled since. What's the next huge leap in the foreseeable future?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Gouki wrote:Does Australia just get leftover toy allotments? It seems that we miss out on a lot of toys from various lines, or get such limited numbers (at already too high prices in the stores), that it's impossible to get them.
What do you mean? I know the price is high, but if you're willing to search around, they turn up. late, but better than never. E.G. I found the premium series in David Jones :rant:.

Any chance Bomb-Burst will get an 'update'? Like, without the awful Pretender gimmick?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

IDW / JoesReloaded
http://idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4777

Who else was participating?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, at least it didn't go on and on...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

"More" Headmasters for Universe? Have there been some already I missed?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nevermore wrote:TFViews:
Who?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

And again...

(Unrelated, the Iron Man toyline has seriously run out of ideas, hasn't it?)
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Denyer wrote:Who?
Substitute site set up by members of the BWTF boards while Ben is overhauling his site.