Comics Continuum interview w/ Andy Schmidt, Ironhide miniseries announced

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Comics Continuum interview w/ Andy Schmidt, Ironhide miniseries announced

Post by zigzagger »

Comics Continuum interviews IDW editor Andy Schmidt. The first part of the interview discusses the ongoing and an Ironhide miniseries, while the second discusses the movie-universe titles, in particular the six-issue mini, Transformers: Nefarious.

Interview #1
Interview #2
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm not reading all that - just tell me, is it the proper Ironhide or that red dipshit from the eighties?
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Uh...the red dipshit from the eighties.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

BOO! PIKUP N0T MINIVAN!!ONEHUNDREDANDELEVEN

EDIT: Actually, it's IDW, isn't it? I'd rather they kept their hands off the beastie lest he turn out to be another bloody gruff taciturn veteran monologuing Furmanisms and 'developing' some sort of pointless rivalry with Stockade or Depthcharge or someone. It says something that most of the Movie cast have been better characterised in Michale Bay films, doesn't it?
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Megatron will be coming back "a changed robot", eh? I wonder what that will entail?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Bluecatcinema wrote:Megatron will be coming back "a changed robot", eh? I wonder what that will entail?
Boobs.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

Id like to see Megatron return in his G2 tank body. Green and Purple camo!!!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So I guess Schmidt still hasn't noticed Megatron isn't actually dead despite that being central to an issue less than six months old? You'd have thought someone would have mentioned it after the Continuum cock up.

Just to be positive for a second, the woman doing the interview wasn't bad looking and wins points for clearly not giving a toss.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
glazios

Post by glazios »

inflatable dalek wrote:So I guess Schmidt still hasn't noticed Megatron isn't actually dead despite that being central to an issue less than six months old? You'd have thought someone would have mentioned it after the Continuum cock up.

Just to be positive for a second, the woman doing the interview wasn't bad looking and wins points for clearly not giving a toss.
Dude, nobody's mentioning anything after the Continuum cockup - they're burying their heads in the sand (concrete?) so they don't have to think too hard about the damn mess they're making of their so-called 'reboot', and I've already stopped following their Movieverse because Tales of The Fallen bored the sh*t out of me.

Everything Transformers put out by IDW went downhill real rapid after Revelation, and the ball of crap that AHM set rolling is only gathering momentum on a very steep decline. At this rate, I'll be damned if they haven't lost the licence by autumn this year, because nothing they're producing right now is makin' any kind of sense.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I thought the whole point of the ongoing was to replace the procession of endless mini series that confuse new readers because nobody has any idea where they fit?
glazios

Post by glazios »

Halfshell wrote:I thought the whole point of the ongoing was to replace the procession of endless mini series that confuse new readers because nobody has any idea where they fit?
Well if their aim is to make things uncomplicated then so far all they've achived is an EPIC FAIL. I've followed the IDW continuity since the beginning, and everything up until Revelation was clearly understandable, IMO. After Revelation... not so much.
inflatable dalek

Halfshell wrote:I thought the whole point of the ongoing was to replace the procession of endless mini series that confuse new readers because nobody has any idea where they fit?

Clearly not as Schmidt claims what's exciting fans (typical IDW BS or was this announced before and none of us care? Or by fans does he mean his mother?) about Ironhide is they have no idea when the hell it's set.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:they have no idea when the hell it's set.
The writers or the editors?
inflatable dalek

Yes.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

If Schmidt had come out and said, "The miniseries takes place now", it kinda blows any mystery as to whether or not Ironhide's going to stay dead.

Of course, if he'd kept schtum about when it takes place, or simply said "What do you think?", he wouldn't sound like quite an idiot.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642