Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *hides* (About girls)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Blaster

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *hides* (About girls)

Post by Blaster »

Yes, yes I know. Blaster making a girls topic nothing good can be afoot. And you're correct. I think I've dug myself a very deep hole. Last night I hung out with one of the girls I like (Who shot me down the night before.. damn swingandamiss) anyways we're sitting there watching movies and we start talking about how she is going to get me out of the house to go to the local punk scene next saturday. (haha! I am so anti-social I rock) Anyways she says one of the girls I like will be there and I can stare at her (haha! I am so shy I rock) and I think, might aswell, who knows I may get some balls over a 7 day span and go up to here! Whoo! Things look good. Then the conversation continues on and we switch to another girl I like. Uh Oh... She goes to this place we are going to too apparently. Oh christ. I am shy, two girls I like would usually be too much for me to handle but three? I have to hide when all three are near, and staring just became hard. Only two eyes and three girls. Yes it dawns on me... I must get absolutely blitzed. So it shall be.

So now out of five girls I like we have the one from my old school, one I've known for ever, and the infamous girl from the bus (haha! I got her name, I rock). I am nervous before we even get out of the house to go visit my friend. And then I realize the other two girls I like (both go to my school) are also into the punk scene and will probably be there. Oh ****. It has now dawned on me that his is going to be very bad. To quote a certain action star with a cartoon "BADDAYBADDAYBADAAAAY!" Me drunk, with five girls I like around me. Does anyone here remember what happens when I get drunk? I get honest and touchy feely. Now, unless they are totally drunk (which one is assured to be) like me this could get bad (Yes I will talk to them a bit before I go touchy feely, I have (I hope) atleast that much self control). I am scared, very scared. I would make an excuse to get out of it but I promised this girl I'd go (Not that I don't want to go with her). I dunno what to do.

I could hide, get plastered so nothing matters but then what if I **** all my chances with any of the girls over, but if I don't do that then I hide and get no where. Oh god! What should I do!
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

In my experience, if you like a girl, talking to her 'totally blitzed' is never good. If I were you, I'd spend your next couple of days getting drunk to various degrees, and find your 'comfort zone'. You know the one. It's the one where you get good at pool (mine, for the record is 2-4 pints, depending on circumstances). Once you've found it, you should get drunk to this level at the concert, and I reckon you'll have the confidence to get what you need.

Good luck - and enjoy it too.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

You're right, blitzed only really works if the other person is also... and the 'comfort zone' is a good idea... personally, I find just being around people who are nicely drunk / stoned is enough to relax. With stoned, there's less chance of the vibe in the room getting ugly later on... but it really depends on the people.

Tip: don't spend the evening bouncing from girl to girl. Few things are more off-putting to people than them feeling 'played'.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Denyer

Tip: don't spend the evening bouncing from girl to girl. Few things are more off-putting to people than them feeling 'played'.

And that is where my problem is. Which one do I stick too? Do I draw string or something.

Thanks for the advice Six, I'll try and find this zone. Hopefully it isn't a challenge.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Blaster
Which one do I stick too? Do I draw string or something.

I'm afraid none of us here can help you with the choice. It's something you must do on your own since it is you who know them (some advice, huh).

There must be one of them you like the most, whom you feel most comfortable with.

As for getting drunk, I think the best way would be to be completely sober, though maybe finding the 'zone' might help you.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

You're right

Someone engrave that in stone. I'm always right. Nice to have it acknowledged now and again though. ;)

-Ss
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'm not going to come out with any weaselly romantic guff along the lines of "people should only fancy one person at a time", but I'm guessing that there are different reasons you like each.

So, what are you after? Someone to hang out with, to have a serious relationship with, or just aiming to get some action and see where things lead from there?

If it's the first or second, friendly drunken hugs are generally a good move if you know people, provided they don't include body odour or vomit (tricky if you've been in a mosh pit for a while, I know, although if the other person has also been and is quite drunk, it's unlikely they'll notice.) Also, barging into other friend groups or when with possible other partners = not cool when seen from the other direction.

If it's the last, I'm not likely to have any useful advice, since in these infrequent but fun situations I'm not the instigator.

I'd say talk to those you know already... gigs aren't a place it's feasible to get to know people...
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Blaster.... me oh my, what a conundrum this is. I think everybody's right in what they're saying; do not get blitzed unless the girl you choose to.... pursue (for lack of a better word) does so as well. It'll get you nowhere very quickly.

Just get nicely mellow (2-6 drinks, depending on who you are), and look for the courage in yourself. Just loosen up, be yourself and stick with your first choice; this is extremely important. I know how corny that sounded, but I'd prefer you did that and not look for the same courage at the bottom of a glass. When it gets to that, you're f***ed.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Jerk off before you go out
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Wolfang
Blaster.... me oh my, what a conundrum this is. I think everybody's right in what they're saying; do not get blitzed unless the girl you choose to.... pursue (for lack of a better word) does so as well. It'll get you nowhere very quickly.

Just get nicely mellow (2-6 drinks, depending on who you are), and look for the courage in yourself. Just loosen up, be yourself and stick with your first choice; this is extremely important. I know how corny that sounded, but I'd prefer you did that and not look for the same courage at the bottom of a glass. When it gets to that, you're f***ed.

Well 2 - 6 drinks of what? I've got Vodka and Brandy at my disposal. And drinking straight hardbar doesn't please me.

I uhh have a first choice? Oooh damn.

I am looking for any of the three, I'm not really hunting for anything since I am totally out of my element in a punk scene to get anywhere without making an ass out of myself is a plus for me.

Friendly drunken hugs will be given, oh yes. Given and recieved.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The numbers are meaningless. You're aiming to loosen up and still retain the power of coherent speech and the ability to walk in a straight line.
Originally posted by Claypool
This is actually good advice. Less on your mind, and probably more relaxed.
Strafe

My mind is hopelessly lost to the gutter...

Post by Strafe »

Less on your mind,

Unless you misfire horribly and hit yourself in the face.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

In which case you may want to stay in and wait for a replacement skull to arrive, one which isn't made out of thin modelling paper... either that or see a doctor and try to get the 'acid sperm' problem treated...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yay! Bukakke!!!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Yay! Bukakke!!!

You should be able to ban people from threads you start :sweatdrop
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Yay! Bukakke!!!

Lol, I think hes looking for a catchphrase.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

He might like to think about the spelling, then...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

What good did knowing how to spell propperly do for anyone anyways? :p It's not on dictionary.com, but when I looked it up on yahoo, bukakke, bukake, and bukkake all work.
Originally posted by Blaster
You should be able to ban people from threads you start :sweatdrop

Hey, Strafe started it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

'Bukkake' and 'bukake' are the most common renderings; few words repeat a letter as a double after using it singly.

And presumably, as a catchphrase, you'd be trying to make a good impression... on who, I shudder to think...

[ "Why yes, officer, the pun was intentional." ]
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Originally posted by Claypool

Denyer's right, that is actually good advice. You'll be less horny also (it'll at least take the edge off) and you won't be in as much risk of appearing desperate to wet the ol' winky, which is often off-putting to women. Casual confidence seems to work best, but that's usually only acheived when you genuinely aren't too fussed either way.