New glasses.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

New glasses.

Post by Jetfire »

Just got some New Glasses. My old ones broke. The arm flys off or the ens falls out. Held together by glue at the moment

Terrible really, as this month is next month is fecking expensive for me. I have too pay off graduate loan finally, 3 weekend away, 2 good friends birthdays, my sisters birthday and my old flatmates wedding at the end of march and it's a £100 a night hotel everybody is staying at.

Still 5 years is a loooooong time to have one pair on your face all of the time.

2 for 1 at Specsaver too. They tried to offer me loads of add ons. 60 quid for thinner non scratch lens, glare resistent ****. I just went "Nah I'll just avoid scraping them against the floor mate. I tend not to make a habit of staring into the sun too". He wasn't amused and informed me that they couldn't be done in an hour, I'll have to pick them up tomorrow.

I thnk these are them:

For work:

For social:

For pleasure: :glance:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've had the same pair of specs for nine years now. How awesome/blinder than I should be am I?
Sades

Post by Sades »

You were able to pick up a blonde and a brunette at that price as well?!?

Bargain. Mind, that may not be a good thing... :glance:

As for glasses... yeh, I got a new pair last year.

As seen here. On my face OMGZZORZ [circa jan 06 iirc].

They're already chipped in one corner, the purple paint is coming off and you can see the silver underneath. I think it's a bit distracting, I'm reassured otherwise however.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Another lovely pic of Sadie :)

I'd show pics of me with my new ones but they have horrid shop stickers on them, which is what made it so hard to judge it.

I texted 3 people each pics as I tried them on for opinions (My last pair was picked by the girl I was seeing at the time so it was a easy choice) so I'm totally blaming them if they are horrid on me. The irony was because shop versions have no lens in them I had to be 2 inches away from the mirror to see if they were any good on me which doesn't give you a good view at all.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Bah. At least I have more facial definition than Cliffjumper. And a nose. And at least I'm not yellow. Or in space. :p

Come Jets, we need a picture so we can help you out. Tell you if you look snazzy or not. And see what your hair looks like today.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I don't get my pair tomorrow (provide they can make them in time, they were not sure). In the shop ones my hair badly needs a cut, I need to wake up and I need a shave. I look at :wtf:

Only popped out to get them because as I've said my current ones are broken and I knew as the month goes on I'll be less likely to afford them due to my reckless spending. It was now or never March April.

And even at my best I'm not nearly as stuning as your lovely self.

But OK here they are, shop stickers and terrible light an all:

EDIT: Bugger. Messed up the first edit :(
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by saysadie
You were able to pick up a blonde and a brunette at that price as well?!?
I just assumed he's the brunette. New glasses and new hair-do. Nice.

I have had the current pair for... seven years now. Couple of years back I went to check my sight and it didn't get worse since I'd started wearing them, so that's a good thing. Will probably need to go for a check again sometimes soon.

I reached the point when I don't look like a me to me when I'm not having them on.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Resized for better view. Same mug shot :o

Sades

Post by Sades »

The second pair look a lot better than the first IMO. Not to say that they don't look alright, mind- just that if it came down to a choice between them, I'd have chosen those ones. If it were me and I looked anything like Jets.

The first pair look like mine :D Damn, I wish I had had the same 2 for 1 deal- I'd have gotten something crazy just for the hell of it.

edit: http://imagecache2.allposters.com/image ... osters.jpg

:\ :D
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Jetfire
For pleasure: :glance:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/e ... tos_17.jpg
Very girly haircut you have there, D...

I usually stick with the same style of frames -- pretty similar to the top ones, but the metal extends down half the side of the lenses. Before that, I stuck with the big, round, black wireframe type for several refreshes.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

The first pair look like mine :D Damn, I wish I had had the same 2 for 1 deal- I'd have gotten something crazy just for the hell of it.

That's why I went for a radically different pair from the first (alos the 2 for 1 offer). If they don't work I'm blaiming Claire. Or Sadie because I was copying you :glance:

My 3 friends had quite different views on what it was. i suspose everybody would. My last pair was chosen by my girlfriend at the time so it was easy choice.

It actually the first time I've got 2 for one, hence the experimentation with the thick frames, but it's only on the designer specs e.g. the over priced ones. As I wear glasses all of the time I have to discard price as a pair are esenially an extension of my face.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I've had the same pair of specs for nine years now. How awesome/blinder than I should be am I?
i meet your nine and raise you two ! A labrador walked on them when i was in high school... the same night i broke my coccyx if i recall... erm, and one of the arms don't have any plastic left from where i used to chew them.

of course i can see **** all with them nowadays, i've had them so long i just keep forgetting that i need a new pair...

*looks on ebay*

... now why didn't i think of this before ? instead of whining that i couldn't find the 'german scientist' glasses i want in the opticians all these years. this is the sort of thing i'd go for

edit : i didn't notice there was stuff going on here as i was trying to post the link to an ebay article. personally i prefer the second pair over the the first, but they both look groovy dude :)
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I really need new glasses myself the ones I have now are about 6 years old. My newest pair one lens got scratched to hell when I did a face plant on ice... my other pair is just old. Oh well maybe this my next eye exam.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

yay for great eyesight and the superbowl!

I think i am at 15/20 as of my last exam, but that could be backwards...

colts.

bah.

and Sadie is not what i pictured, but Daniel seems like a arsenal fan. and a nice point at Boro by henry, if i may say.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Originally posted by redman prime

and Sadie is not what i pictured

I never gave you permission to picture me.

*bans*

Old style round glasses=of the awesome.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

picture me.

*bans*

(Funny what you find when googling for "stick woman"...)
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

I never gave you permission to picture me.

*bans*

thanks for letting me have my time in the sun!
:D
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Lord Zarak

Random NHS slag-fest

Post by Lord Zarak »

Couldnt be bothered to start a new thread.

But.

Why can people go into whichever opticians they wnat and get sorted more or less on the same day?

I dislocate me shoulder again, go to the hospital and they do nowt. They don't even tell the consultant who is due to do the op on me.

So, yesterday I telephone the hospital. They say I have to go through my GP. Yes, me GP. Not through the hospital (Royal Oldham - never ever hurt yourself in Oldham or the surrounding area. You'll prolly die before you get seen to. I waited three hours, and for the majority of that time, doctors were sat on their arses.) where each time I've been home (4 of the 5) I've gone when its come out, and where I had the op the first time round.

I ring the doctors. Can't book an appointment in advance WTF??!!

I'm going private. Don't know how to, but I'm doing it. Might cost money (though probably not as much as paying for the NHS is these days) but it'll be a lot less ****ing hassle.

Nice specs by the way. Too good for a Goon tho! :D
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I also got social/work pairs from spec savers last year. Which was lucky for me as some woman ran of with the social pair in a club the other week leaving me with the more chunky work pair. She was probably related to the smae woman who flt compelled to undo my shirt by biting the buttons off this week.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Darn you all! SpecSavers? Two for the price of one? Our local outlet took one look at my prescription this time last year and called the bouncers. Everywhere else, though, to be fair, did pretty much the same, so it was a couple of hundred quid at the opthalmic opticians as usual. That's just the lenses, mind, the thinner ones rather than old-fashioned bottle type - plus tint and special anti-glare - and the super coating that means, should a customer decide to hit me in the face, the glass shatters safely (yeah? half an inch from my eyeball?).

I don't think I need the lenses changing this year, but the frame has become a bit foxed and childed. We'll see. I think the optician keeps going for about a year on what I get charged.

Jetfire: the second pair suit you much better.

Zarak: ouch!

Dalek: you attract the strangest women.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]