"Chaos Bringer"? I've heard that before...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grimlock2983
Protoform

"Chaos Bringer"? I've heard that before...

Post by Grimlock2983 »

After re-reading some of the wonderfully-written G1 comics, I noticed that Unicron is referred to as the "Chaos-Bringer." Now, I know there are more X-Men fans on this site than just me, so where have we heard this phrase before? That was how Dark Pheonix was referred to! Yes, ole' Pheonix brought the "End of all there is" by devouring everything in the universe. Wait, that's what Unicron does!! Now, why would the editors of the comics let the EXACT PHRASE BE USED? Coincidence? Or something else?
Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Well remember, both were Marvel products so they could get away with it. However, Dark Phoenix and Unicron didn't quite come along at the same time and place...what year was the Dark Phoenix saga written, anyway? Anybody?
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Dark Phoenix Saga was published in 1980.

Chaos bringer that devours/destroys everything isn´t that rare in old myths and literature.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

yeah i mean its just a phrase, theres no way they can copyright that, running up to and during the 'JLA: World War III' (with mageddon) he is described as the chaos bringer, it is not unusual, infact ive heard it in many films aswell.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm pretty sure Chaos-Bringer was a regular Galactus moniker too.

It's pretty flexible, mind. It's something that brings chaos. I mean, Mirage can turn invisible, but he isn't Sue storm.

Why did I say that?