[Animated] What no joes

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
starlord
Protoform

[Animated] What no joes

Post by starlord »

Cartoon network showed the animated series because it was based on the movie. The movie G.i joe came out and still no cartoon series. I was hoping for a combine effort between formes and joes. Screamer makes an alliance with Cobra commander. Give me your tech and I will tell you where all the energon sources are. Screamer can tell Megaton my pet is better than your pet. He will be leader of the entire world and your pet is just a lousy scientist.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Not sure that I'd qualify Animated as being based on the movie. Though maybe it was but they kept Michael Bay on a studio lot far, far away and so it didn't end up sucking.

Given the reliance on human characters in Animated, many of which could be deemed to fit well as Joe-style incidental villains, I suppose it could have worked had someone advanced the idea.

As for tech exchanges ... what's in it for the Transformers? True, a group like Cobra came up with a crazy collection of tech intended for use against targets and in environments not common on Cybertron (such as a Weather Dominator or stuff like genetic engineering), so I could see Decepticons buying up samples of such oddities on the chance that they could might prove useful with some genuine technology backing them; however, unlike Autobots I just can't see them helping us fleshlings advance and possibly become any sort of threat to their plans in the future (we don't live long and are fragile but we multiply easily, are highly adaptive, cooperative in us-vs-them situations, potentially violent, and lack even short term social stability — at least as "short term" as long lived Transformers might consider it).
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"