"Critically Acclaimed", "Must-See", and "Most Popular" TV Shows you ab

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The Green Knight

"Critically Acclaimed", "Must-See", & "Most Popular" TV Shows you

Post by The Green Knight »

Hey, the thread title length is all goofy. It's supposed to read

'"Critically Acclaimed", "Must-See", & "Most Popular" TV Shows you absolutely hate.'

We've discussed bad tv before, but I want to know which shows you hate that are given those labels "critically-acclaimed" "Must See" (it doesn't count if it's part of NBC's "Must-See Tv" lineup. They have to use that label to describe it elsewhere.) "The most popular (whatever type of) show on tv" ect. You know, the shows regarded as being just so great by so many people, and you think absolutely suck.

Talking smack on universally-loathed shows have been done to death. I'm talking about "one man's treasure is another man's trash." Or in this case "One man's Masterpiece Theater is another man's Piece of Sh*t Theater."

======================

"The Larry Sanders Show" - I find this show about as funny as watching a open can of spackling compound dry out.

"Seinfeld" - Forgive the pun, but I found nothing to like in this show.

"Wings" - Maybe if that moron air mechanic would have accidentally got his head chopped-off by one of the airplane's propellers, there would have been something worth watching.

"Monk" - Oh look... the cop has obsessive-compulsive disorder. Ha ha ha. This would be done better as a 5 minute skit on SNL.

"Survivor!" - Too bad you can't vote TV shows off the air. This was so dumb I couldn't believe it lasted more than a season.

"Weakest Link" - Survivor! meets Jeopardy... the results are kind of like when a train loaded with nitroglycerin derails and meets with the side of a mountain. And they went from that english woman host who comes off as an annoying librarian, to Captain Deadpan as a host, who's I find slightly more funny than the prospect of being thrown out of a second story window and landing with on picket fence, right between my legs.

"The Real World" - There's nothing real about 7 losers living in an upscale house on Beacon Hill in Boston. And there's nothing real about whining to a camera when you're mad or sad, or whatever the hell else you're feeling.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I quite liked Seinfeld.

All reality shows, and almost everything else.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

The Office. Everyone seems to love it. I don't.

Absolutely Fabulous. What a steaming pile of turd. There are absolutely no redeeming parts to this program... Excepting the end credits.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Lady Auros
Protoform

Post by Lady Auros »

I hate:
Seventh Heaven(not at all realistic)
Dawson's Creek (see above)
Survivor (YUCK!!!!)
Seinfeld (This is not funny at all)
Just Shoot Me (I found it funny for a while, but...)
Raising Dad (someone should kill Bob Saget)

I like:
Frasier (wery witty banter, humorous episodes)
Friends (ok, so shoot me - joey is funny ;))
The Simpsons (need i explain)
Mission Hill - my new favorite show!!!

basically, i hate reality shows, and i hate shows that have washed-up-can't-get-any-other-tv-appearance-job actors in it. other than that, i'm game
________
Lovely Wendie99