Do they know, or do they even care?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ulticron
Protoform

Do they know, or do they even care?

Post by Ulticron »

Does Galvy, Scourge (G1), and Cyclonus know who they were before Unicron reformatted them? Or do they just not care?
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

They obviously do or why else would Galvatron have said

"Heres a Hint"
The HeartBrend Kid
Protoform

Post by The HeartBrend Kid »

Unicron's first command to Galvatron was to get the Matrix.

Galvatron's first action was to kill Starscream.

Pretty irrational behaviour for somebody with no knowledge of their past life...
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

So i guess they just don't obsess about it on a daily basis. I never thought about those things from the movie, I was thinking about how they acted during season 3.
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

"The autobots have been repulsed; and to think I doubted you. But if they were to come back, it would be dangerous for me to remain." - Scourge

"You will stay until the labors have been completed. What I have given you, I can also take away." - Unicron

-Ghost in the Machine

I think the new Cons know who's corpses they were made out of, they just don't care. Like their old lives were dreams they woke up from. I like to think of them as new creations though, including Galvatron, and not just new bodies for the old characters (mainly because they never exhibit their old traits.) This is also why Scourge is obeys Unicron; because being turned back into a battered Thundercracker means Scourge will cease to exist. (unless of course, that really is just a new body and Thundercracker prefers to exist as Scourge, but I doubt that.)
Transfan
Protoform

Post by Transfan »

I'm 100% sure that Galvatron is simply Megatron with a new body my reasons are

1)Unicron says to Megatron that he'll give him a new body

2)In "Dark Awakening" & "The Return of Optimus Prime" saga Galvatron knew who Optimus was and in "Return of Optimus Prime pt.2" Galvatron said "Optimus Prime?!How is it possible that you live"

With the exception of Unicron's remark in "Ghost in the Machine" the series never really went into whether or not Scourge and Cyclonus remember their old lives.For the sake of argument lets say that if ThunderCracker*who becomes Scourge* & SkyWarp/BombShell*who becomes Cyclonus*were dead before the reformatting then they don't remember,if they were still alive then yes they do remember but don't really care/think about it
Cyclonis
Protoform

Post by Cyclonis »

And the Sweeps??? Did they remeber anything?

Does anybody know which is the key/password for the #Transformers channel on Mirc undernet??
Cyclonis
Protoform

Post by Cyclonis »

And the Sweeps?

Does anybody know which is the key/password for the #Transformers channel on Mirc undernet??
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Transfan makes an excellent point. Galvatron HAS to have Megatron's personality inside him, otherwise there's no way for him to know who Optimus Prime is. And furthermore, if Galvatron isn't Megatron deep down, how does he know who Starscream is? And why would he be motivated to kill him?
Denyer

Well...

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
Transfan makes an excellent point. Galvatron HAS to have Megatron's personality inside him, otherwise there's no way for him to know who Optimus Prime is. And furthermore, if Galvatron isn't Megatron deep down, how does he know who Starscream is? And why would he be motivated to kill him?
...having someone's memories and having their personality are two similar states, but not indentical.
Starscreamsghost

Doesn't matter. You know the point. Megatron = Galvatron.
MTX
Protoform

Post by MTX »

Yes, my brothers and I agree.
DCJoeDog
Protoform

Post by DCJoeDog »

i agree that they just dont give a crap

they know who they used to be,but since those figures were so close to dying anyway,they figure theyre better off not dweeling on that situation
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
Transfan makes an excellent point. Galvatron HAS to have Megatron's personality inside him, otherwise there's no way for him to know who Optimus Prime is.
No, he wouldn't know who the greatest leader of Autobots is without Megatron's memories. I'm sure no one would mention him, after all, he is only the greatest leader of the Autobots. ;)

But seriously folks, I think Galvie's comments in the movie are proof enough that he is Megatron in a new body. Especially what he says fighting Hot Rod inside Unicron.

As for the henchmen, I'm not totally convinced that they know about their previous lives. At least they never act as they know. As for the Unicron's speech to Scourge, it's possible that Scourge remembers only that Unicron gave him life, nothing else. So the giving and taking part could've only meant life.
Thanks D!
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Good points all...but I just can't buy Megatron=Galvatron.

And it'll come down to one line:

"I will crush you just as Megatron crushed Prime."

If he was the same person, why wouldn't just say "I" instead of Megatron? We've been over this before, but.

Snake brings up an interesting point...but Thundercracker might be more happy as Scourge. New body, nice Fu Manchu look...sensor needle. Sweeps to command. Being called a "Huntsman" is probably better than "Seeker". What's in a name? (If you buy the same personality argument, of course.)

Skywarp also might like his upgrade...he gets a mitre, for gosh sakes. Of course, he can't teleport but...he didn't use that ability much anyway.
-------
Sig courtesy of the Sig Master, Skywarp!
-------
Former AWF Tag Team Champion
Co-Hardcore Champion (x 2)
Member of Pulp Faction!
-------
TF Archive RPG Co-Player of the Year
-------
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

Scourge looks cool? What? I think it was said best on the TF Mugshot website about Scourge "pervy-looking druid" with pink fingernails. And Thundercracker wasn't a coward, whereas Scourge is quite timid. I can't imagine Thundercracker wanting to be like that. I can't imagine ANY transformer wanting to be like that.

And the Decepticon jets were never reffered to as "Seekers" in the cartoon, that was a comic book name (and I believe it was used to describe a different group of aircraft anyway...)
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

Cyclonus was an Insecticon.So he doesn't remember anything and it's the same thing for the sweeps.
Galvatron seems to have the memory left,but he went insane after thrown away from Unicron.
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
Quick Switch

I don't know abot you...

Post by Quick Switch »

...but I think Thundercracker might like his new place of leadership, instead of he and Skywarp simply beating up Bumblebee every episode, and mocking Starscream in the old order.

As to Scourge...dunno. Just liked him. I liked his concept- "Huntsman". Granted, the nails are odd, but he appears more menacing. At least to me. Most of my third season memories are hazy of him...

Weren't the three original jets referred to as "Seekers" in "More than Meets the Eye"? Just curious. If they weren't... I won't lose any sleep over it.
-------
Sig courtesy of the Sig Master, Skywarp!
-------
Former AWF Tag Team Champion
Co-Hardcore Champion (x 2)
Member of Pulp Faction!
-------
TF Archive RPG Co-Player of the Year
-------
Starscreamsghost

Nope, "seekers" was never used to refer to any of the Decepticon jets we know. Anywhere. Ever. It's a fan term.

As for Megs/Galvy, it's shaky to base your whole argument on "...just as Megatron crushed Prime." He could be saying that just to sound cool or badass, but he definitely can't have such simple motivations for his lines to Hot Rod later.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by BlueBlaster
Cyclonus was an Insecticon.
You're so sure? How do we know the one at the Back didn't Become cyclonus? They look exactly the same and Skywarp knew how to fly as a jet already which would explain his expert skills against Kup and Hot Rods shuttle. Call me crazy but I watched the the movie last nightit seemed to could be either one.