New Unicron toy

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
NightHawk

New Unicron toy

Post by NightHawk »

Apparently Takara is bring out the big guy again with a possible new head and paintjob: http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1420/

Kinda neat though, last reissue was the Universe one I think? Though I kind of wished they would drop the Armada mold and make a new one, Primus is much more planet like while Armada Unicron has that flat side that are his legs and such (not to mention that the kibble easily pops off from him)

Still, I'm curious to see how the new head will look, probly more G1ish or so, I wonder if they will make a new Primus release too. >.>
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Massive shelf-warmer, wasn't it?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Twice, IIRC. A new Western version would surprise me seeing as there're at least two Leader Class figures in Subtitleless and the last Supreme was a poor seller (Devastator). Considering what seems to be widespread reducing of the ROTF Leaders, Ultimate Bumblebee and ****ING HOOJ DEVASTATER, I'm mildly surprised Hasbo continue to put out large toys.
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Well it isn't Hasbro this time but Takara, sure it'll probably be another shelfwarmer and only bought by collectors and such but seeing this figure possibly being retooled is interesting.

Ultimate Bumblebee or now, Battle Ops Bumblebee...it even surprises me he gets so much attention from Hasbro in which he's nearly overly glorified...yet neither of those toys would stand properly to my knowledge. ROTF Devastator is just....meh, either you get the individual toys, a gestalt that only has vehicles that combine yet lacking individual robot molds or the whole thing just looks like crap...Least they were smart enough to give none of the molds those infamous wrecking "balls".
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

its nice for people like me who didnt get it the first three times round though.
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Cliffjumper wrote:Twice, IIRC. A new Western version would surprise me seeing as there're at least two Leader Class figures in Subtitleless and the last Supreme was a poor seller (Devastator). Considering what seems to be widespread reducing of the ROTF Leaders, Ultimate Bumblebee and ****ING HOOJ DEVASTATER, I'm mildly surprised Hasbo continue to put out large toys.
To be fair though...Devastator was a shite Transforming toy in that...well...didn't transform. :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

and cost about £50 more than a supreme is supposed to be.
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
asuka 24
Protoform

Post by asuka 24 »

Wish they would have released the mold that they had planned for the Japanese Beast Wars Neo toy line , it was awesome looking.

pics:

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=5715

:D:D:D
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

What, seriously? It was a piece of crap Shellformer - look at it, it;s just a ball with a robot inside.
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

whats wrong with that? isnt that what unicron basically is anyway?
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

asuka 24 wrote:Wish they would have released the mold that they had planned for the Japanese Beast Wars Neo toy line , it was awesome looking.

pics:

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=5715

:D:D:D
You know....I just now realize how much the Primus toy is based of him when you look at this mold. Most notoriously, the big ass backpack that they both have which is half the planet really.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

kupimus aka(clocker) wrote:whats wrong with that? isnt that what unicron basically is anyway?
No... Have you seen, say, the film he's in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4GaPcLgOs - pay close attention to the arms, and the way the robot mode doesn't have a planet hanging on its' back.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, as popular as it is to lust after rare things and spite plentiful ones, the Armada Unicron really is light years ahead of the unreleased Neo toy, in'nit?

I imagine the new release will do just about as well before. General interest may or may not be there, but there's a sea of customizers that'll be happy for the parts.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:Yeah, as popular as it is to lust after rare things and spite plentiful ones, the Armada Unicron really is light years ahead of the unreleased Neo toy, in'nit?
I'd probably even rate the fat 1986 one ahead of the Neo one, because at least it's a Transformer. I don't mind the odd shellformer, but that thing really takes the piss. That's a pathetic transformation for something that size.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Scraplet1 has the black Armada Unicron repaint. It warms such a large amount of shelf that he was told he can't have another... so he asked for a Primus instead :o

The toy isn't bad at all, but I don't need multiple copies of it in different colours.

(Seekers are different, see? SEE?)
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

No... Have you seen, say, the film he's in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4GaPcLgOs - pay close attention to the arms, and the way the robot mode doesn't have a planet hanging on its' back.
i knew you was going to say that.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

kupimus aka(clocker) wrote:i knew you was going to say that.
Then what the **** was the point?
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Clogs wrote:Scraplet1 has the black Armada Unicron repaint. It warms such a large amount of shelf that he was told he can't have another... so he asked for a Primus instead :o

The toy isn't bad at all, but I don't need multiple copies of it in different colours.

(Seekers are different, see? SEE?)
Seekers at least don't (usually) run $50+ and take up a large amount of space. When space and money are at a premium, I know my wife would be a lot less mad at me if I spent $50 on 5 Deluxe Seeker figures then another Unicron.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Several days ago I saw a completely battle (play) damaged Unicron at Goodwill for 4 bucks. Maybe I should get him. He does not even have half of the planet hanging on his back.
Batmanners
Protoform

Post by Batmanners »

Yeah, not gonna lie, I had to buy a really good looking statue of Unicron because the toy was so ugly.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 0916_n.jpg

I'm considering the repro labels upgrade sticker package for him.