who is God Ginari

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
HotRodAJH
Protoform

who is God Ginari

Post by HotRodAJH »

I must humble myself by asking who God Ginari is....not to mention Death's Hand. I am sorry for my ignorence but I know I can count on you guys on informing me.
"One shall stand, one shall fall."
popediscordia
Protoform

Post by popediscordia »

Ok. God Ginrai was the Japanese version of Powermaster Optimus Prime, and showed up in the Masterforce series. He came with an extra robot called Godbomber who combined with him to make him even bigger.

As for your other question, do you mean Deth's Head? He was a rather large bounty hunting robot who showed up in the uk comic. Throughout his life he also fought Dr Who, the Fantastic Four and a bunch of others, before being turned into an ugly blue cyborg.
HotRodAJH
Protoform

Post by HotRodAJH »

I thank you for the info
"One shall stand, one shall fall."
popediscordia
Protoform

Post by popediscordia »

No worries guv.
Capt
Protoform

Post by Capt »

I'd like to clarify your God Ginrai explanation...

God Ginrai (or, as some say Jinrai - same dif, really) is not quite the Japanese version of Powermaster Prime...

(working from memory, so a few details may be slightly off...nothing major though)
Ginrai is a Japanese truck driver who was working in America.
His own truck is damaged (IIRC) so he hires a cab that others claim to be possessed (or similar)
He finds a set of bracelets in the glove-compartment, and puts them on - and is unable to get them back off.
It turns out this truck cab is a 'transtector' and during an incident with the Darkwing brothers (Buster and Hydra - the 2 destron Godmasters who's own transtectors resemble Darkwing and Dreadwind, but please note, they are NOT darkwing or dreadwind) he unwittingly combines with the cab.

Later, while being trounced by King Poseidon (looks like Piranacon, parts are made of the Seacons who are non-sentient, constantly replaced drones - except for Turtlar, whose is similar to Snap Trap. They never transform into a robot mode) he combines with his trailer to become Super Ginrai.

Now, here is where the Powermaster Optimus Prime confusion really has come into play.
The Japanese and US toys are almost identical - for the sake of argument, they are the same - but represent 2 completely different characters.
Never believe anyone who says Ginrai is Prime.
Especially the badly dubbed masterforce episodes.

Anyway, later, the Godbomber drone is created.
This can combine with Super Ginrai to become God Ginrai.
Hasbro decided to call the PVC of this (in the Heroes of Cybertron range) Powermaster Optimus Prime with Omega Armor (IIRC), which further confuses the issue of the difference.

check out the FAQ and any links posted in the Japanese series forum which will help explain this fully.

The japanese continuity is a lot more complex than the US one...and, IMO, a lot more fun
Capt
Abusing the English written language since the 1980s
popediscordia
Protoform

Post by popediscordia »

Good explanation. I was only aiming to explain the toy away... I don't have the patience to go into the Japanese continuity as well, much as I love it. :)
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

He's your daddy!
lordfril
Protoform

Post by lordfril »

i have a question...what the hell is a god master?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by lordfril

I always thought it was the Japanese name for a power master.
popediscordia
Protoform

Post by popediscordia »

Originally posted by lordfril

Me. :)

But seriously, it's Japanese for Power Master. God roughly translates into power in Japanese.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by popediscordia
it's Japanese for Power Master.
There´s a big difference though. In US continuity power masters are transformers who have humans or nebulons as their powersource.

God Masters are humans who fuse (not physically) with non sentient transtectors and become the robot´s "soul". I strongly suggest you to take a look at the Japanese continuity forum and it´s faq. :)
popediscordia
Protoform

Post by popediscordia »

Originally posted by Osku
There´s a big difference though. In US continuity power masters are transformers who have humans or nebulons as their powersource.

God Masters are humans who fuse (not physically) with non sentient transtectors and become the robot´s "soul". I strongly suggest you to take a look at the Japanese continuity forum and it´s faq. :)

I'm mid-masterforce at the moment so I'm avoiding it until I've finished watching it. Just in case . :)
Cyberman

Re: who is God Ginari

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by HotRodAJH
I must humble myself by asking who God Ginari is....not to mention Death's Hand. I am sorry for my ignorence but I know I can count on you guys on informing me.

If I might add something: Death´s Head got his own comic sometime. Here´s his history:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... istory.htm

[EDIT] I also recommend paying a visit to this site, it explains almost everything:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/6563/index.html
Capt
Protoform

Post by Capt »

Originally posted by popediscordia
Me. :)

But seriously, it's Japanese for Power Master. God roughly translates into power in Japanese.

misconception.
God doesn't mean power in japanese. power is ryoku
plus, god isn't a word truely possile in japanese, the romaji of the kana on the boxes, etc is goddo and it has no meaning in Japanese. It is purely the japanese phoentic approximation of our word God.

so, god means...god

A Godmaster is a different entity to a Powermaster.
a Powermaster was a senitent robot with a sentient humanoid supplying rediculous amounts of energy to the it. There was no fusion or joining (until much later, and this was only evident with Optimus Prime)
A Godmaster was a human who could call upon a suit of armour that allowed him (or her) to merge with a non-sentient robotic body. They became the robot.
I feel the god part refers to the powers they gained while they were in the form of the robot, able to control the energies of the earth around them, etc.

The japanese, IIRC, don't have the same views on religion as the western world - I don't believe they are many Japnese chrisitans, so using the term God in this manner means very little to them.
Capt
Abusing the English written language since the 1980s
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Capt

I feel the god part refers to the powers they gained while they were in the form of the robot, able to control the energies of the earth around them, etc.
Masterforce Q&A, explanations of the concept.
http://www.tfcyberbon.com/arc_mfqna.html