Biggest Bonehead Move

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Dead Man Wade

Biggest Bonehead Move

Post by Dead Man Wade »

So, I was thinking. What do you guys think was the dumbest move made by a Transformer?

Personally, I'd say Red Alert in 'Auto Berserk' (IIRC).

He gets really paranoid and starts thinking everyone is out to get him. So what does he do? He goes out and joins up with Starscream, the biggest back-stabber in the TFU. Yeah, it could work...:eyebrow:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, I have loads.

Prime Afterdeath blow self up over computer game blah out of the way use your own brain people desperately trying to find something lame not in cartoon.

Now, that's that off me chest.

Optimus Prime, Megatron's Masterplan. Now, Optimus knows Megatron's pulling a fast one. He knows the second the Autobots piss off the Decepticons will be rocking oil tankers back and fore, the full extent of their cartoon evil. But does he actually do something sensible about it? No, he decides to impress the human media [the ones who in six hours will be smudges] by getting on a rocket into space. A rocket built by the Decepticons. Pillock.

Megatron, A Prime Problem. He has Optimus Prime at his mercy [well, Laserbeak's]. Does he kill him? No, he makes a copy of him. Imbecile. A Prime Problem is actually full of this crap, especially the Autobots' brilliant ways of trying to distinguish which is which.

Headmasters - Megazarak's weak spot is his Destron insignia.

The Autobots, MTMTE - actually think dressing in giant labcoats [where the Hell did they get them?] will fool the Decepticons.

Megatron, Starscream's Brigade - imprisons Mr. Jet on an island.

Oh, sod it.

Megatron, Seasons 1 & 2 + TF:TM. There.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

How about Megatron never killing Starscream?
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper

Hahahahaha!!!

I never thought of that before. Who wrote that episode?
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Prime Afterdeath blow self up over computer game blah out of the way use your own brain people desperately trying to find something lame not in cartoon.
For some reason I always forget about that. I don't see how, it's one of the stupidest deaths in the comic.
Optimus Prime, Megatron's Masterplan. Now, Optimus knows Megatron's pulling a fast one. He knows the second the Autobots piss off the Decepticons will be rocking oil tankers back and fore, the full extent of their cartoon evil. But does he actually do something sensible about it? No, he decides to impress the human media [the ones who in six hours will be smudges] by getting on a rocket into space. A rocket built by the Decepticons. Pillock.
:laugh:

Yeah, I never understood that.

'Well, yeah, Megatron will probably wipe them out once we're gone. And yeah, he'll probably try to double cross us...again. But just think of all the bad press...'
Megatron, A Prime Problem. He has Optimus Prime at his mercy [well, Laserbeak's]. Does he kill him? No, he makes a copy of him. Imbecile. A Prime Problem is actually full of this crap, especially the Autobots' brilliant ways of trying to distinguish which is which.
It's been forever since I've seen that ep. How did they try to distinguish between the two?
Headmasters - Megazarak's weak spot is his Destron insignia.
I remember someone saying that (having never seen any of Headmasters, with the exception of the first episode). That's almost as bad as 'Independence Day'.
The Autobots, MTMTE - actually think dressing in giant labcoats [where the Hell did they get them?] will fool the Decepticons.
Well, you never know when you'll need a giant lab coat. Always be prepared, and all.

As for why they thought they'd be fooled, well...maybe they thought everyone was as stupid as they were.
'What?!? Starscream? You're back. But...how?'
Oh, sod it.

Megatron, Seasons 1 & 2 + TF:TM. There.

Wait, but that's every episode Megatron was in....

Oh, I see. ;)
Originally posted by Transfannabeel
How about Megatron never killing Starscream?
Well, as has already been established in other threads, Megatron did have use for him.

Plus, as with most megalomaniacs, I don't think he thought he had anything to worry about. I mean, the only reason Starscream was able to overthrow him in the movie was because he was already badly damaged.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Heavy Metal War - Optimus Prime trusting Megatron to fight fair. Yeah, right.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

How about in the movie, Hot Rod trying to prevent Megs from getting the gun?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'd take a guess at Don Glut, but I'm pretty sure they were all written by the same guy under a raft of pseudonyms.

And then, he imprisons Blast Off on an asteroid.

Oh, and the Autobots, Fire on the Mountain. Megatron creates a powerful energy weapon in Peru, with a range of forty feet. So the Autobots fly down so he can kill them. What. The. ****.

Sandstorm, Fight or Flee. Going to Rodimus for help. Rodimus blows up his planet, then makes a joke of it.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by fort_max
It's been forever since I've seen that ep. How did they try to distinguish between the two?

The race springs to mind, which is stupid, seeing as the Autobots should realise they're clones with identical bodies, besides which Op isn't especially renowned for racing. Maybe the idea was he'd go "no, racing is irresponsible". But neither did... Why not just ask him how many astro-dates [TF cartoon = the Jetsons] before Elita put out? Ah, I know, because no-one in the toon can remember what happened last week.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Transfannabeel
How about in the movie, Hot Rod trying to prevent Megs from getting the gun?
Yeah, but he at least had an excuse. He was just plain stupid. We're talking about the same guy who tried to give the Matrix back to Optimus when he was obviously quite dead (and without bothering to ask how he was up and moving in the first place). Then, when Optimus recoiled at the sight of it, did he decide that maybe something was wrong? No, he tried to give it to him again.
And then, he imprisons Blast Off on an asteroid.
Yeah, I was quite amazed at how stupid Megatron was in some of those episodes. How he ever rose to power is beyond me.
Oh, and the Autobots, Fire on the Mountain. Megatron creates a powerful energy weapon in Peru, with a range of forty feet. So the Autobots fly down so he can kill them. What. The. ****.
Maybe they just figured the Decepticons had one hell of a blind spot.
Sandstorm, Fight or Flee. Going to Rodimus for help. Rodimus blows up his planet, then makes a joke of it.

:laugh:

One of the best moments ever.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

The race springs to mind, which is stupid, seeing as the Autobots should realise they're clones with identical bodies, besides which Op isn't especially renowned for racing. Maybe the idea was he'd go "no, racing is irresponsible". But neither did... Why not just ask him how many astro-dates [TF cartoon = the Jetsons] before Elita put out? Ah, I know, because no-one in the toon can remember what happened last week.

Oh, yeah. God, watching the cartoon just gets more and more painful.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

In Cosmic Rust Megatron has the chance to kill the Autobots, and even Rumble asks, "why not just finish them off?"

Megatron says, "Cause I want them to suffer first."
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

"Hoist Goes Hollywood". Megatron goes through hell to retrieve a machine of Wheeljack's, having no idea what it is, what it does, or if it's even worth the effort. He only wants it because the Autobots have it.

"The Ultimate Weapon"

Galvatron: Surrendor Autobots or I shall use my ULTIMATE WEAPON!

Rodimus: What Ultimate Weapon?

Galvatron: Um...it's in my hand.

Rodimus: I don't see anything.

Galvatron: You can't because...it's small.

Rodimus: That doesn't sound very dangerous.

Galvatron: You'll see how dangerous it is when I UNLEASH IT UPON YOU!!!!!

Rodimus: Fine. Go head.

Galvatron: I will.

Rodimus: Alright then.

Galvatron: Good.

Rodimus: Go ahead and use it.

Galvatron: I shall.

Rodimus: Today, please.

Galvatron: ...dammit. *flies off*
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I'm guessing Galvatron is not very good at draw poker.:laugh:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Heh.

the cartoon suffers in general from "Shall I kill my mortal enemy? No, no, I'll just lock him up" kinda things.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Decepticon Targetmasters, the Rebirth. So instead of using their new huge guns, they throw them in the air [leaving themselves unarmed] so they can transform and fire tiny guns at the Autobots?

So I'm not being too biased...

Cyclonus, Dry Run. Blurting out "Yeh well we kill you in the future" to Shockwave for no apparent reason.

The Wreckers, Time Wars. Galvatron [at least] is in this base, and Galvatron is the walking definition of hardcore. The Wreckers have for back-up the Mayhem Attack Squad, the lamest bunch of lamers that ever lamed. So what do this conglomerate of shelf-warmers and copyright-misfits do? They wander into his big mysterious fortress, pretty much unarmed, and argue among themselves loudly.

Getaway - pretty much any time he tries to do anything and expects to not get killed.

Starscream, The Underbase Saga - announcing which three random cities he's going to attack. And buggering off from each one the second he's wiped out the Transformers there.

Optimus Prime, somewhere between G. I. Joe #140 and #142 - yeh, because Hotspot, Skydive, Chase [or was it Searchlight? ;)], Override, Brawn and Steeljaw have a prayer against Megatron, you bastard.

And in TF:TM: - "****, we've been boarded by Decepticons! Let's leap out from cover and shoot the roof!"
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Best. Thread. Ever.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

HAY !!! everyone fergot the biggest mistake made by any one in eathe the books or toon

Telatran-1 waking the damn cons first insted of the autobots
or waking the cons at all:wall:

Grapel: Well Weeljack we allmost have the arc built have you finshed Telatran-1?
Weeljack: All most just got to teach it the diffrence between cons and bots.
Grapel: Why waste your time its not like it will ever need to tell.
Weeljack: Yeah I guess your right.
If you allways expect disapontment you wont be disaponited
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Megatron not killing the Autobots as before the Ark revived them...
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Jetstorm316
Protoform

Post by Jetstorm316 »

The biggest bonehead move was Megatron's plan in Heavy Metal War. Even if the Dinobots weren't there to stop the constructicons it would still look pretty suspicious when the autbots returned and Teletran-1 is trashed.
"Well, well, well your situation exactly matches your location...TERMINAL!" JetStorm