Underated Transformers

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
TransformerGuru
Protoform

Underated Transformers

Post by TransformerGuru »

It just occured to me as I was reading Bios that there are alot of Transformers. And we all have our favorites ie: Optimus, StarScream,SkyWarp, Shock Wave and Hound not to mention a few others. But there are many others that are really cool and are great at what they do. So If U have a fav that you think is underated post it here. I pearsonally think that Blitzwing is a great Decepticon that is underated what do you think?

Money cant buy happiness..but it can buy everything else.
If you think about it Megatron and Starscream were as close as Warriors could get. Funny isn't it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

*booted to G1*

Browning. Didn't even get a US/Europe release.
Soundwarp SG-1
Protoform

Post by Soundwarp SG-1 »

Wheelie- not much of a warrior but his potental as a rapper is undinable
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

With the exception of "Carnage in C-Minor", I think Soundwave got the professional boot down the ladder, and was severely under-utilized in all of Season 3. I mean, he used to be Megatron's top aide/ally, but when you threw Cyclonus and Scourge into the mix, he just drifted down into "another expendable Decepticon." But, as marketing goes, I understand there was a need to concentrate on newer characters to keep the line/cartoon fresh.

I agree with you on Blitzwing; I would have liked to have seen a further development between him and the possibility of joining the Autobot ranks after Galvatron took a nutty and wouldn't allow him back on the team.

Aside from Grimlock, I would have liked to have seen more interaction with the Dinobots in season 3. With the occasional dumb remark by Sludge (i.e. "You dead. Maybe we dead, too") there wasn't nearly enough interaction for me. But, again, newer characters supercede older characters. The Dinobots *did* have their time pre-movie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

smokescreen
he got 2 episodes in the series and around 6 uk comic issues and it was bye bye smokescreen

skids was also realtivley under used
and so were the majority of blasters casettes
buzzsaw and frenzy were under used as wel in the cartoon

il think up more when i am in the mood

swerve and pipes were under used to swerve only got trampeld on by trypticon
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Originally posted by bluekatt
swerve and pipes were under used to swerve only got trampeld on by trypticon

Definitely. Now that you brought it up, the newer roll call of minibots didn't do a whole lot of anything. Gun fodder, I guess.:(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
THREATMATRIX
Protoform

Omega Supreme

Post by THREATMATRIX »

He was nothing more then a glorified taxi. I cringe everytime Optimus Prime yelled "Rocket Mode Omega Supreme!" What a waste.

Trypticon was not under used, but he was the most hated transformer by all writers. He never, ever, ever won or beat down anyone. The only battle he won was destroying the ark. If he's gonna lose to metroplex every damn appearance, at leat make the battle close and not so one sided!

I also think the INSECTICONS were under used! I like them a lot and they could have been used more to keep the autobots distracted.
onearmedrich
Protoform

Post by onearmedrich »

Inferno got a bit of a harsh deal, although he did have a major role in the comics i suppose. Also Red Alert as one of the more human autobots got a bit of a harsh deal, his paranoia could have been used to alot better affect by the writers. Also maybe it would have been interesting to have a mentally unstable autobot? Protectorbots could have been used btter, and maybe where they had come from could have been explained as well!
Interesting, no sorry wait a minute no, very boring!
Nixons baaaaack!

The script original called for me to say yes, but I gave it a subtle twist.
Coilette:A Calculon story.
Gay Bowel Disease, do you really want that Clay? Ever?
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Pipes. He was a big uprgrade from Huffer, and seemed to have the skills to replace Wheeljack.
TransformerGuru
Protoform

Yep your all right

All of them are terribly underated. Dino-bot wise I think the stegasarus was the most underated Dino-Bot ( I forgot his name).
There were so many Transformers in Generation 2 (Season 3).
In the Five Faces of darkness I recall seeing at least five Decepticons that I never saw again!. The Constructcons were at a big disavantage in Season three with the fact that there were so many Transformer groups that could unite. I dont recall seeing Devastator more than two times if that.

Blitzwing was a powerful Transformer Galvatron had so many he never got noticed thats what im going with lol.

If you think about it Megatron and Starscream were as close as Warriors could get. Funny isn't it.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

snarl

most of the dinobots are underrated and downplayed
instead of using them as what tehy are supposed to be wayward soldiers with their own view who really dont give a damn
they are reduced to comic relief

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The FFOD Blitzwing is definetly someone we should have seen more of, the thing that alway got me though is that the nobel warrior Blitzwing is at complete odds with the thugish idiot who used an American football coach for advice. I suppose he could have just mattured a bit in 20 years, but I get the feeling the writters just chose a old charecter who they knew wouldn't be used again anyway, then just twisted his personality to fit the script :D
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Mega Starscream
Protoform

Post by Mega Starscream »

smokescreen
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

*points at my first post in this thread *
been there done that

Trypticon
Protoform

Post by Trypticon »

Originally posted by bluekatt
snarl

most of the dinobots are underrated and downplayed
instead of using them as what tehy are supposed to be wayward soldiers with their own view who really dont give a damn
they are reduced to comic relief

I totally agree Snarl was by far the most underrated Dinobot, which is sad because he was always my second favorite after Grimlock. The original three, Grimlock, Slag, and Sludge, got some character development early and Swoop basically had a whole episode to himself in Dessertion of the Dinobots. Snarl wasn't even in the movie! :mad: (yes, I know some smartass will point out we see him for a split second, but you get my point).
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Swerve and Tailgate
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Trollking
Protoform

Post by Trollking »

yeah definately the other dinobots were overlooked constantly. Also weren't the other cassettes overlooked as well? I not talking about Ravage, Lazerbeak, Rumble and Overkill.
TransformerGuru
Protoform

Wow

Wow! didnt honestly excpect this many replys lol there are more under rated Transformers than I thort. But but Not to many Decepticons have been named and there have been a few of them so. Can any one name a couple of Deceps?

Besides Blitzwing we know he was underated terribley A Robot of his skill and abillties was always a threat but Galvatron was to blinded with rage to relise.

bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

decepticons ?
hrmm

the seacons
trypticon ( he was not really under rated just handeld poorly like the dinobots)
reflector also got the ****ty end of the stick being reduced to three generic looking goons in the cartoon and he didnt even feature in the comics
the deluxe insecticons were no where to be found
buzzsaw is totally ignored in the cartoon
cartoon shockwave is also severley mistreated
the duocons who were only to be found in the opening of the rebirth
pretty much al the headmasters and target masters in rebirth they get very little exposure or character devolpment
scorponok is nothing more then an automaton in rebirth
pounce wing span and counterpunch share afew scenes in rebirth and are bye bye again
and the terrorcons didnt do much either

offcourse things let a bit up in the japanese cartoons and the comics but a lot of characters are stil grosly neglegcted or just forgotten ( oh rodimus at the end of headmasters were for are thou ? )

onearmedrich
Protoform

Post by onearmedrich »

I suppose most of the Gestalts couldn't be used in every episode, otherwise you'd just have various massive robots duking it out, POwer Rangers style. Nobody would want to see that. Just has a slight question, who was stronger, Trypticon or Omega Supreme? Omega Supreme was quiet old, but was a gaurdian robot, supposidly the elite of transformers, but trypticon was simply built to destroy?
Interesting, no sorry wait a minute no, very boring!
Nixons baaaaack!

The script original called for me to say yes, but I gave it a subtle twist.
Coilette:A Calculon story.
Gay Bowel Disease, do you really want that Clay? Ever?