How much have you spent on Tfs?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

How much have you spent on Tfs?

Post by Knightdramon »

Inspired from a thread at tfans, I thought this would make a good topic. How much have you spent on tf merchandise ever since you've started collecting? Have you regretted spending that amount of money?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I couldn't possibly calculate the astronomical amount I've spent. I bet NASA couldn't, either. Seeing as a good share of the things I've bought are repaints and doubles, I slightly regret it, not because it cost a lot of money, but because I'm running low on space. May sell a bunch of them on Craig's list.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

No way I can calculate the exact amount I spent on TFs nor do I want to. The actual amount may give me a heart attack. :o

I do regret buying some of the figs too early. Like Energon Megatron/Optimus Prime since they were rereleased later as 2 pack with cheaper price. I also regret not getting certain TFs like Energon minicons having collected all the ones from Armada. Overall I am happy with my collection but my space is running out and I am forced to store some TFs under my bed.
Dennis
Protoform

oh my head

Post by Dennis »

I have spent enough to give most of the people in my nearest surroinding pounding headakes
the general wants you
Batmanners
Protoform

Post by Batmanners »

well...I KNOW I am not much to compare myself to some of you old scool collectors, but I know that within the year I will have respect... I am going to pass the 1,000$ range within the year for sure...as long as big friggin Transformers keep coming out, I`ll buy it...as long as they look decent and if they could make medium sized Transformers for Cybertron instead of making small ones it'dd be so much better.
(note : Arcee Energon = small, Rodimus = Medium, Red Alert = Large and 'big friggin' = Unicron, Starscream & friends)

I know I`ll pass the 1K mark because of repaints, stupid Orange Red Alert of mine I hate it so much...I wish I knew at the time I bought it...

(Edit : I figured I`dd do the same as Clay, I got somewhere around 250$ I have extra minicons I have no idea where I got them lol)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Went through with a calculator and added everything up, and it's somewhere in the neighborhood of $4000 over the last two years.

Or, half of what I spent on magic cards over eight years.

eep. :eek:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

God, it's probably a grand or so on just the comics alone [and that includes some pretty natty deals thanks to some very good people], and I'd say about the same on figures... I think I put down about £100 on each of the Armada and RiD lines, and even with bargain-hunting skills, the 20-ish Autobot cars I have probably average at £20...

I'm going to have to leave it there, before the figure gets officially scary.

God, I've probably broken the £100 barrier on tapes and DVDs despite not being keen on the TV series...

Actually, it's got to be more than £1000 on the comics... taking a conservative estimate on the regular comics as £3 an issue [many bargains outweighed by £30 on #1 and easily £10+ on the other first dozen], then there's the annuals, a couple of which I threw a small fortune at, the two 3D issues I have, the various US issues, the small fortune the last few issues of G2 cost...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Far, far more than the amount I have them insured at.