First photos of movie Ironhide?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

First photos of movie Ironhide?

Post by Nevermore »

http://jalopnik.com/cars/movies/exclusi ... 190681.php

Looks like those were taken from a public place, so Paramount wouldn't have much of a legal stand in demanding to have them taken down...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
WOT
Protoform

Post by WOT »

Every time I see an alt mode from this new film, its only resemblance to the original robot seem to be the embossed insignia. This picture has now killed what little hope I had left for the film. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a picture of the Empire state building with a Decepticon insignia, labelled Megatron alt mode. Followed by a comment by Bay about how because prime uses the whole truck including the trailer, the tank Megatron was dwarfed and how to make Megs more menacing he wanted to make him huge.
life is expensive but atleast you get a free trip round the sun every year
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Nice choice of an alt mode from what I can see. It would suit Ironhide.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by WOT
Every time I see an alt mode from this new film, its only resemblance to the original robot seem to be the embossed insignia. This picture has now killed what little hope I had left for the film.

Yay! Fanboy!

Would that be the original robot Ironhide which was totally bastardised by the cartoon and comic, or would you hope the obsolete and probably rare 1970s Japanese mini-van driving around present-day America turned into a windshield-headed midget who drove around on a trolley?

Ironhide has been a red minvan precisely once. Since then he's been a Hummer-type thing, the same pick-up twice, a rhino (or something), an armoured car, an armoured dunebuggy anda 4x4. Time to move on.

I've still yet to hear a better reason than "that's what they were like when I was a kid" for why these guys should have the same alt-modes as they did in 1984 (when most of the modes were already obtrusive - Japanese police car, Formula 1 car, rally car, etc, etc.).

Robots in disguise, not robots in Practical Classics...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Him being red would've been cool.

I'd just like the head to resemble the original character, outside of that I don't care what kind of car/truck he turns into...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Ironhide has been a red minvan precisely once. Since then he's been a Hummer-type thing, the same pick-up twice, a rhino (or something), an armoured car, an armoured dunebuggy anda 4x4. Time to move on.

http://www.tfu.info/2005/Autobot/BCIron ... onhide.htm
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That's a minivan?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Surely this is just as likely to be someone's slightly customised truck? They're not exactly thin on the ground...
Camarobot
Protoform

Post by Camarobot »

Well, just because it's got an Autobot logo doesn't mean it's necessarily for the movie. My car has an Autobot insignia on it, maybe this guy is just a big transformers fan.
Just sayin it's possible.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by WOT
Every time I see an alt mode from this new film, its only resemblance to the original robot seem to be the embossed insignia. This picture has now killed what little hope I had left for the film. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a picture of the Empire state building with a Decepticon insignia, labelled Megatron alt mode. Followed by a comment by Bay about how because prime uses the whole truck including the trailer, the tank Megatron was dwarfed and how to make Megs more menacing he wanted to make him huge.

Like it has been qouted before from other people "You don't have to go see it". Just be glad we are at least getting an inkling of hope at seeing what things could look like alternate mode wise. I for one want to see this movie and decide for myself, as do a lot of us possibly. If you don't want to, then don't go see it, but don't complain how it has killed all your hope for the film. It hasn't even had any truly serious scenes showed for previews. :eyebrow: I for oen want thsi alt. mode to be Iron Hide's. It suits him far better than that wimpy van mode he got gyped with so many times. It also suits his name that he would be a major 4*4 vehicle like the one pictured. I will say something witty, or try to:
"Why should Brawn have all the fun as an on and offroad vehicle Prime!?".
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Denyer
Surely this is just as likely to be someone's slightly customised truck? They're not exactly thin on the ground...

Was pretty much my reaction.

Reckon I could slap an Autobot logo on my Corsa, take a covert snap and email it to a site claiming it's Cliffjumper?

I've not been paying attention to the casting rumours... but what makes everybody certain it's Ironhide? Why not... I dunno... Trailbreaker?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

BEC0Z IRON HYDE WAS 1 OF THE ORIGINUL TRANFOMERS BEC0Z HE WOZ IN THE PROPA MOVY AN HE WAS PETR KULLEN N00B.

I actually don't care who he is, I got to flame a fanboy. This film has done its' work for me now ;)

I'd say it seems to have cured someone of something as well, but I'm not that bitchy.

Well, I am, otherwise I wouldn't have said that. But this way I can edit out my post at some point. It's the way to go.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's actually a cunningly disguised Megatron...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Denyer

Originally posted by Brendocon
Was pretty much my reaction.

Reckon I could slap an Autobot logo on my Corsa, take a covert snap and email it to a site claiming it's Cliffjumper?

Well, for starters, the logo appears to be molded into the rear end of the pickup, rather than just "slapped on". That'd be a hell of a custom job.

Second, the logo appears to be based on the "movie" design of the logo with the more pointy eyes, rather than the standard "classic" version. Unless someone etched the movie version of the Autobot logo into the rear end of his pickup and gave it a brand-spanking new paintjob for the sole purpose of fooling everyone into believing it has something to do with the movie, I'm inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Originally posted by Brendocon
I've not been paying attention to the casting rumours... but what makes everybody certain it's Ironhide? Why not... I dunno... Trailbreaker?

Because

a) We have the names of the Autobots who will be in the movie confirmed, and Trailbreaker is not among them
b) Supposedly we've been told (by Don Murphy? Don't remember) that Ironhide will be a black pickup in the movie
c) Hasbro have tried to release new "Trailbreaker" toys for YEARS, and never succeeded, presumably due to trademark issues, hence they probably won't try again for the movie, only to end up with a character who looks like Trailbreaker but is called, dunno, "Blackvan" or something...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'd buy a figure called Blackvan any day.

They could call him Highjump! Everyone remembers Highjump!
inflatable dalek

I'd buy a figure called Blackvan any day.
Sounds like a shady undercover type doesn't he? "Blackvan walks alone in a dangerous world..."
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Well, for starters, the logo appears to be molded into the rear end of the pickup, rather than just "slapped on". That'd be a hell of a custom job.
You underestimate what I can do with Photoshop.

I still reckon I could get at least three people going if I did that...
Because

a) We have the names of the Autobots who will be in the movie confirmed, and Trailbreaker is not among them
Fair enough. But I thought the names were aliases? Maybe Ironhide is an alias for Highjump!
c) Hasbro have tried to release new "Trailbreaker" toys for YEARS, and never succeeded, presumably due to trademark issues, hence they probably won't try again for the movie, only to end up with a character who looks like Trailbreaker but is called, dunno, "Blackvan" or something...

You don't have to explicitly call him Trailbreaker for him to be in it.

Or is having a few vehicular "extras" in the background asking too much from the film?

The X-Men films have been cameo-paloozas, even though the background bonuses haven't been in any way involved with the plot or tie-in merchandising...

Hasbro don't need the rights to the name in order for a black truck blatantly representing Traily to be in the background not doing anything.
b) Supposedly we've been told (by Don Murphy? Don't remember) that Ironhide will be a black pickup in the movie
That's all you really needed to say. This is me, not some dumbass newb who's stumbled in. Bear in mind that glib and irony are a way of life for me...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Maybe that picture is Mudslinger, and the whole thing is going to be the movie adaptation of King 'Con we've all been waiting for? They'd still need Cullen...
inflatable dalek

Maybe that picture is Mudslinger, and the whole thing is going to be the movie adaptation of King 'Con we've all been waiting for? They'd still need Cullen...

It'd be a year to late for that though surely? If they wanted a quick cash in on what's big at the cinima they'd need Pirates in there. Or Superhero's. Or Superhero Pirates.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

And that pic everyone thought was Prime was actually Powertrain