Planetary #26...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Planetary #26...

Post by Cliffjumper »

.. is currently in the postal service - Destination: My House. I AM SO ****ING HYPED!!!

You post spoilers before I've read it, or indeed anything more in depth than "I AM ALSO ****ING HYPED CLIFFY OMFG" I will kick your nuts/ovaries off.

w-0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000-t.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I've read it already, wait till you do so with comments.

Damnit, I meant "I AM ALSO ****ING HYPED CLIFFY OMFG".

*puts on a cup*
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I peeked. Is good. Am eager for wrap-up coda issue and then TPBs will be bought.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Is very good.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Awwwright, that ****ing rocked. Didn't really see it coming,a few good twists, all-round excellent stuff... Everything came together nicely there, and no bum steers either. Marvellous!

Now, the loose end is Ambrose, I'm guessing.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

so I havent read planetary before..I heard it was pretty good....
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Hawkeye
so I havent read planetary before..I heard it was pretty good....

Planetary is teh love if you know your fiction. Even if you don't, probably.

I've only read upto #23. :(

And seem to have just read TEH HUGE SPOILERS for the latest issue simply in the process of checking that issue number on Wiki. I can be incredibly stupid at times. :(
Hound

Post by Hound »

Wait, so is that the final issue?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Hound
Wait, so is that the final issue?

Nope, one last "wrap-up" one, though that's the main storyline dealt with.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Enjoyed the last issue immensely, though the last battle seemed a little...anticlimactic.
SPOILER! (select to read)
However, Snow sending the bodies back with a '**** off and leave us alone or you'll be hurting' type of message was absolutely brilliant.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, I kinda liked that Dowling was basically stitched by his own ultra-confidence... he basically thought Snow was never going to be able to hurt him, and was thrown by such a simple deception.

On first reading Jakita's microscopic role threw me a little, but reading it on the back of the past few issues, she's been reduced (largely) to cameos since the Fourth Man TPB, so it didn't bother me too much... That said, I'm not exactly mad keen on the book's Elia-centric focus since that revelation, but it's not really just this issue's fault, and besides, it's not like I have a better idea ;)
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I dunno, I kinda liked that Dowling was basically stitched by his own ultra-confidence... he basically thought Snow was never going to be able to hurt him, and was thrown by such a simple deception.

I certainly agree, which is why I did still enjoy it far more than anything else that came in that week. I just found it a little disappointing, though I recovered from the blow rather quickly.

All told, it was about as good an end to the series as it could have been. Didn't have me cheering like the end of Transmet, but it was stellar nonetheless.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It gets better with each read for me (I've lost count after just two days, which isn't a bad showing for any comic). I reckon it'll read even better when I track down all the other issues tomorrow and sit and read them in order (my comics filing leaves a lot to be desired...).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Issue 27 is on its way...

http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=4459
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thank **** for that.

It's actually at the point where I'd forgotten completely about the series until Ellis put up an announcement on Myspace earlier today. Which is quite disconcerting given how much I like the series.

Hopefully this means we'll get a TPB some point this year?
Terome

Post by Terome »

I just read all of Planetary in one go last night. Stayed up till six and had Planetary dreams.

Good golly was it awesome. And it made me feel good. Which was a pleasant surprise, since the last time I stayed up all night to read a whole series in one go, it was The Filth, and that one made me feel like I'd just had a nervous breakdown.

I was also pretty pleased to learn today that there is a whole other issue on the way, too.

Hooray!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Hopefully this means we'll get a TPB some point this year?

http://home.earthlink.net/~rkkman/frames/index.html
Almost ten years to the month that John Cassaday and I had our first conversation at San Diego about creating a new series: I have just completed and delivered the full script for PLANETARY #27, the final issue of the series.

I am now going to get drunk and find something to have sex with. I'm home alone, so the chinchilla has a right to look nervous.

Done. Never ask me anything about it again. DONE.

-- W
That was in June. Over to Cassady and scheduling now.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
That was in June. Over to Cassady and scheduling now.

2009, then...
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=130528

It shift its focus onto Planetary #27 in the middle of first (or was it second?) page. Take it for what you want.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.