Superman: Doomsday DVD movie

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Superman: Doomsday DVD movie

Post by DrSpengler »

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The radio version is fantastic, is this is half as good it should still be decent enough.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Good Review. I bought it last night, but when I weighed that against Smallville season 6.........well, I went with Smallville. Good to hear it was better than the Braniac flick. That thing.......well, less said the better.
(I like spoilers.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

I got it myself. Pretty much agreed w/ ya Spengs. Should have gotten the original voices i.e. Clancy Brown. And yeah, wtf was with the cheekbones? I was surprised when I saw the PG-13 rating before viewing it and then after watching it, I can totally see it. I mean, have we ever seen Luthor straight up kill someone in any of the JLU/Superman/Batman cartoons? Pretty shocked when he did in the new movie.

Also looking forward to the new Justice League movie coming out. Old school!
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

I couldn't get over those heighted cheek lines on Clark/Supes. And yeah, I admit, I compared it entirely to TAS. Luthor was a joke. Doomsday was great, wish he was actually in it throughout the entire flick (maybe using some of the post-"death" storylines?) The actual fight scene was freakin cool, and I liked the fact they upped it to a PG-13 status. Made it a little grittier.
Overall, definitely better than the Braniac Flick.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

*spoiler thingers*

Hmmm I actually got over the cheekbones pretty quickly. Thought Luthor was excellent as he was intelligent/creepy in ways that clancy brown's(who was an amazing luthor) luthor never was.

The whole curing diseases in his head while looking out the window was classic eccentric/creepy luthor that you see portrayed in the comics and how he dealt with mercy was just cold.

Overall i thought the movie could have been a bit longer with more emphasis on the doomsday battle (he was barely in it!) i really did not feel that that was the killing blow.

I liked some choices and perplexed over some. like I thought that it would have been more emotional to have both kents alive and for lois and martha to already "know" each other.

the bonus material was great and the movie was pretty good (better than marvel's recent fare) and the idea of adapting from comic stroylines has so much potential. But really the best part for me was the tease for the new frontier movie....did anyone else get a little chubby when they watched that?
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Hawkeye
did anyone else get a little chubby when they watched that?

I'd hardly describe it as little, but yes.

On topic, the movie itself was pretty enjoyable, though I wasn't a big fan of Luthor. He had several very good moments, but on the whole was not as imposing as he's been in the past. Also, it seemed at times that his issues with Superman stemmed from some unrequited love, which was more than a little disturbing.

The scene with Toyman getting smeared across a police cruiser was ace, though.