Movie 2 concept art

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clay

Movie 2 concept art

Post by Clay »

TFW put up some concept artwork for Demolisher and the bikes, so I had the idea to pool all of the concept work that's surfaced into one thread. These were all ganked from TFW, who in turn ganked them from http://www.tfg2.com

The only bits I couldn't get were some early robot concepts for the vehicles that became Sideways, Sideswipe, and the twins, which were taken down shortly after being posted (sometime in December, maybe?). If anyone knows where I can find those, I'll happily add them here.

Note: I'm excluding CGI promo renders since they'll be on calendars and lunch boxes for the next two years.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Tri-cee!
Attachments
tricee.jpg
bike3.jpg
bike2.jpg
bike1.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

Prime w/Jetfire armor.
Attachments
jet2.jpg
jet1.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

Constructicons.
Attachments
long_haul_by_kazumajr.jpg
scrapper.jpg
mixmaster.jpg
demolisher.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

Devastator.
Attachments
devastator_concept.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

The Fallen.
Attachments
fallen3.jpg
fallen2.jpg
fallen1.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

Soundwave and Ravage.
Attachments
soundwave_ravage.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

Megatron, part 1.
Attachments
megatron5.jpg
megatron4.jpg
megatron3.jpg
megatron2.jpg
megatron1.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

Megatron, part 2.
Attachments
megatron_6.jpg
megatron_4.jpg
megatron_3.jpg
megatron7.jpg
megatron6.jpg
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

The combined form of Arcee actually looks interesting, surprisingly. Would've been nice to see that happen during the climactic battle with the Decepticons.

I can just see it now: The three bikes merge into a larger form that's of comparable size to some of the other Autobots and Decepticons and start zipping through the horde of enemies, blasting and slicing away at them.

Sideswipe: "That's hot."
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I note that the Devastator concept stuff simply says vehicles combine, not Decepticons/Transformers/anything. So really it's just our preconceptions that have caused the confusion.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Halfshell wrote:I note that the Devastator concept stuff simply says vehicles combine, not Decepticons/Transformers/anything. So really it's just our preconceptions that have caused the confusion.
I think that's just referring to the toy, though. Didn't the movie have a seventh vehicle in the torso or something?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Aye, a red ADT turned up, and presumably transformed as well (or perhaps a construction worker felt left out when all his mates drove off...). Overload, I believe is the name Hasbro are using for the Legends figure.

Any of the stuff kicking about the net of Rampage just shows him as the pogo-snake of doom. I've not seen anything of him as a crab. But, these are asily found on wiki or whatever, and will no doubt be on calanders and bed-spreads. I do note he is always yellow though.

Are there any images of mixmaster not in artillery mode?

The bikes just don't do anything for me. I like Transformers to have a rather different robot mode, and those just look like bikes that have been folded out, really. I don't care if they made them all unicycles, but the rest of the body looks shoddy as well...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Ah, so there is more...

Red Sideswipe art by NaruHinaFanatic, per the filename. Don't know if it's official or fan art. The rest seem legit. Also, the early art for Sideways seems ridiculously obviously Barricade.
Attachments
transformers-revenge-fallen-sideswipe (3a).jpg
sideways_concept.jpg
Sideswipe_rotf_head_art.jpg
rampage.jpg
Movie_Sideswipe_by_NaruHinaFanatic.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

While fan art isn't the point of this thread, I found something especially for Civ!

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/20 ... t-art.html
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I do like Long Haul. The rest of it... looks much better in motion...
numbat

Post by numbat »

I do very much like pogo-snake. I do want to get the figure, but will hold out in the hopes of a red version.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Internal chart showing the relative sizes of the various constructions.

Also note that the crane never had a robot mode considered for it, which helps further explain the half-assed-ness of the Legends version.

I do like how Longhaul magically becomes twice the size he should be for his robot mode, and then the corresponding component of Devastator (Longhaul II?) shrinks back to normal to be the leg.
Attachments
constructicons.jpg
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cool.

Hightower has no robot mode? Poor guy. Who's that yellow truck-thing? Overload?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Clay wrote:Also note that the crane never had a robot mode considered for it, which helps further explain the half-assed-ness of the Legends version.
But Hightower does have a robot mode, otherwise how can he possibly be the robot that gets killed for parts?????? ZOMG NO! *explodes like a ninja*
I do like how Longhaul magically becomes twice the size he should be for his robot mode, and then the corresponding component of Devastator (Longhaul II?) shrinks back to normal to be the leg.
It's a sneaky mass-shifting fanboy reference. Yay for us!