Hasbro Cybertron press release

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Hasbro Cybertron press release

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.hasbro.com/media/pl/page.rel ... elease=325
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON Line Brings New Storyline to Hasbro’s Iconic Brand
Feb 18, 2005

Hasbro Builds Upon TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS Line of Vehicles Based on Popular Car Brands

TRANSFORMERS fans have a lot to look forward to in 2005 as Hasbro launches the latest installment to the TRANSFORMERS saga – TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON. TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON features a compelling story full of intrigue and surprise that will remind fans what it means to be “ROBOTS IN DISGUISE”!

CYBERTRON, home planet of both TRANSFORMERS factions, is in danger. In order to save it from certain destruction, OPTIMUS PRIME will lead the AUTOBOTS on an intergalactic scavenger hunt to lost planets to find four ancient CYBER PLANET KEYS. But MEGATRON and the nefarious DECEPTICONS will be hot on their heels, trying to steal the CYBER PLANET KEYS and harness their power for evil. These four CYBER PLANET KEYS are the AUTOBOTS only hope, as they have the power to unlock CYBERTRON itself, and make their home planet into the one TRANSFORMERS robot powerful enough to shut down the black hole that threatens the entire universe!

A new line of toys based on TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON will help kids bring the action of the newest chapter in the TRANSFORMERS universe to life. TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON will launch during the summer of 2005 in conjunction with the debut of the new Cartoon Network animated series. Hasbro’s line will feature a broad array of action figures that range from basic to “supreme” versions. Hasbro is also introducing new TRANSFORMERS figures that have a “triple-change” feature to convert them into three modes instead of the traditional two. TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON will be available in July for between $6.99-49.99. They are recommended for kids ages 5 and up.

In addition, Hasbro continues its popular TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS line of highly detailed and realistic authentically licensed vehicles that can be changed into the robot modes of favorite TRANSFORMERS characters.

As we look beyond 2005, Hasbro has teamed up with DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures to develop a live-action motion picture based on the TRANSFORMERS franchise. Steven Spielberg will executive produce, and Lorenzo di Bonaventura (“Constantine”), Don Murphy (“The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen”) and Tom DeSanto (“X-Men” and “X2: X-Men United”) are attached to produce. The film is slated for release in the summer of 2006. Stay tuned for more exciting details about the first live-action TRANSFORMERS movie.

Highlights of Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS product line includes:

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON ”SUPREME CLASS” FIGURE

(Approximate retail price: $49.99; Recommended for ages 5 & up)

The TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON Supreme Class STARCREAM figure is the most challenging foe the AUTOBOT forces have ever seen! The evil STARSCREAM figure, second in command of the DECEPTICONS, stands at more than 14-inches and converts from robot to jet, features lights and battle sounds, and comes with a gold crown of leadership. STARSCREAM includes two CYBER PLANET KEYS, unlocking two different mechanical features. First, a hidden sword that swings out from underneath his right arm. Second, a projectile launcher that swings out from underneath his left arm.

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON “LEADER CLASS” FIGURES

(Approximate retail price: $39.99; Recommended for ages 5 & up)

The TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON Leader Class assortment includes the two main characters from the new CYBERTRON animated series that each have a triple-change feature and can be changed into three different modes instead of the traditional two! AUTOBOTS leader, OPTIMUS PRIME, converts from robot, to truck, and then to flight mode, creating the greatest OPTIMUS PRIME ever created! The figure’s CYBER PLANET KEY feature reveals a hidden weapon to defeat the evil DECEPTICONS. The MEGATRON figure converts from robot, to vehicle, and then to jet mode, and includes a spinning hand weapon and CYBER PLANET KEY activation to aid in his quest to defeat the heroic OPTIMUS PRIME and his AUTOBOT forces! Both also feature electronic lights and battle sounds.

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON “ULTRA CLASS” FIGURES

(Approximate retail price: $24.99; Recommended for ages 5 & up)

The TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON Ultra Class assortment features some of the coolest lead characters in the new animated series and introduces the CYBER PLANET KEY activation features that produce flip-up wings, 3-headed dragon modes, projectile launching and additional fun play. Included in the assortment are JETFIRE, second in command of the AUTOBOTS and commander of the AUTOBOTS air forces; and SCOURGE, a wicked 3-headed dragon that rules the Jungle Planet with a vicious trans-metal claw.

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON “VOYAGER CLASS” FIGURES

(Approximate retail price: $19.99; Recommended for ages 5 & up)

The TRANSFOMERS Voyager Class assortment features two new characters from the TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON series -- CRUMPLEZONE, the strong and speedy DECEPTICON, and VECTOR PRIME, the wise and ancient TRANSFORMERS character that aides in the quest for the CYBER PLANET KEYS. Both come with CYBER PLANET KEYS that reveal cool hidden features and various accessories!

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON DELUXE Figures

(Approximate retail price: $9.99; Recommended for ages 5 & up)

The TRANSFORMERS Deluxe assortment features six new figures – HOT SHOT, DIRT BOSS, THUNDERCRACKER, LANDMINE, RED ALERT, and OVERRIDE. Each come with a CYBER PLANET KEY that reveals awesome activated features to enhance all your fun TRANSFORMERS play.

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON “SCOUT CLASS” FIGURES

(Approximate retail price: $6.99; Recommended for ages 5 & up)

The TRANSFORMERS Scout Class assortment features six new figures – OVERHAUL, RANSACK, SCATTORSHOT, CLOCKER, HARDTOP, and the RECON MINI-CON TEAM – JOLT, SIX SPEED, and REVERB. Except for the RECON MINI-CON TEAM, each Scout Class assortment character comes with a CYBER PLANET KEY that reveals awesome activated features to enhance all your fun TRANSFORMERS play!

TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS

(Approximate retail price: $19.99; Recommended for ages 5 & up)

TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS are 1:24 scale vehicles have rubber-look tires and adjustable seats for an incomparable authenticity! The line is refreshed throughout the year with new additions. The following TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS will be available during Spring 2005: Ford Mustang GT/GRIMLOCK; Jeep Wrangler Offroad/SWINDLE; Honda S2000/WINDCHARGER; Chevrolet Corvette 2-BATTLE RAVAGE; Mazda RX-8 Race SHOCKBLAST.

For more information on Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS brand, please visit Hasbro’s web site at http://www.transformers.com or the home of the TRANSFORMERS Collectors’ Club at http://www.transformersclub.com.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

I like the sound of the prospect of seeing Cybertron transform as it may look like it does in the Ultimate Guide...well i can hope anyway.

Just to let readers know my local Forbidden Planet (Manchester) has just received its first lot of Galaxy Force figures. Prices are high but expected

Galaxy Prime - 44.99
Master Megatron - 44.99
Thundercracker - 24.99
Starscream - 24.99 (not the supreme size)

Hopefully buying Screamer tommorow so expect a review soon!
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Originally posted by AutobotJazz
I like the sound of the prospect of seeing Cybertron transform as it may look like it does in the Ultimate Guide...well i can hope anyway.

Just to let readers know my local Forbidden Planet (Manchester) has just received its first lot of Galaxy Force figures. Prices are high but expected

Galaxy Prime - 44.99
Master Megatron - 44.99
Thundercracker - 24.99

Forbidden Planet in Hanley, Stoke On Trent also have a large stock of Galaxy Force (Galaxy Convoy, Megatron, Thundercracker, Starscream, Axelerion, Dredrock). They also have a large stock of the Takara G1 reissues and Takara Robotmasters.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hasbro is also introducing new TRANSFORMERS figures that have a “triple-change” feature to convert them into three modes instead of the traditional two.

Ooh! Innovation! Waiiiiiiiit a second . . .
creating the greatest OPTIMUS PRIME ever created!

That's quite an ambitious statement. If I get an OP and he's not the best damn prime I've ever played with, I'll be really disappointed.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

A Primus toy was indeed hinted in a Japanese listing:
http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.ph ... opic=63401
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

Ok, considering this is a sort of Cybertron spoiler .... C doesn't look like a sequel to Energon, but the American version of GF.
4 planet plus a gear (quoting Allspark - VP chip) = look like Cybertron will transform like Unicron to become Primus own body, once the four keys are retrieved ....wait to see the toy

... someone must remind Hasbro that RID Galvatron is a 10changer (not to mention the G1 6changer)
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Ghirox
Ok, considering this is a sort of Cybertron spoiler .... C doesn't look like a sequel to Energon, but the American version of GF.

Huh? Cybertron is the American version of GF.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Cybertron transforming? As in, robot mode Primus? Holy f**k, that's one big spoiler! :eek:
Thefallenone
Protoform

NOT REALLY

Post by Thefallenone »

they have a good design for him in the Tf Ultimate Guide so i was expecting a figure of him which might be aredeco of Unicron (No Horns or Spikes) and the title kind of gives it away "Transformers: Cybertron" speaking of Cybertron is it a continuation of Energon i went on to Tvtome.com and found out in a recent update that it might not be related to Energon

can you guys help??
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Galaxy Prime - 44.99
Master Megatron - 44.99
Thundercracker - 24.99

Sorry dude, but i picked that already. Look at the Writing forum ;)
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
superion maximus

Post by superion maximus »

i can't decide on what i am looking forward to seeng more - the new cybertron figures to come out or the old energon toys to go on discount. if there is one thing i love- it's buying marked down t-formers. a couple of months ago i got an energon starscream at a grocery store for 6 bucks because it didn't ring up in the ladies scanner and she had no idea what it really was worth. (about twice as much.)

by the way is anyone else really excited and hopeful that they are not continuing with the armada/energon storyline? i mean, we are probalby going to still have to sit through boring japanese-style cut scenes of transformations (god, i hate pokemon's influence on everything.), but it can't be worse than the previous 2 cartoons. i don't think i'd complain as much if beast wars/machines hadn't already displayed that you can have good writing on a "children's" show.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

I`d rather they continue the story - bad as it may be. A continuation might at least put some continuity into TF - a rather unused idea till now...
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Huh? Cybertron is the American version of GF.

When this was officially confirmed? someone speculated that the american version was the continuation of Energon - it appear that this is a different universe! ....
Still waiting to see Primus (toy)
OK that's all for now
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

When this was officially confirmed? someone speculated that the american version was the continuation of Energon - it appear that this is a different universe! ....
Mmm, I'd also like to know, as there probably needs to be a slight forum shuffle.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Still waiting to see Primus (toy)
OK that's all for now

Uhm - same toys, same description of the cartoon plotline - what else do you need as a proof? :confused:

As for the "continuation of Energon" bit... there are still debates going on whether Galaxy Force is supposed to be a continuation of Superlink or not (similar to the "is Nitro Convoy going to be female?" debate that has thankfully been settled with his first appearance on the show), plus there are conflicting rumors that claim Hasbro was planning to "adjust" the American dub in order to make it work as a continuation of Energon anyway.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth Nevermore:
(similar to the "is Nitro Convoy going to be female?" debate that has thankfully been settled with his first appearance on the show)

Wanna bet? :p
Someone out there will undoubtedly bring up BW Airazor - female in the West, male in Japan. :rolleyes:

We'll have to wait until we can read the tech specs and watch the show before we can really be sure (and there'd still be debate!).
Had Pat Lee been competent, we might have the comics, too. :mad:
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Uhm - same toys, same description of the cartoon plotline - what else do you need as a proof? :confused:

As for the "continuation of Energon" bit... there are still debates going on whether Galaxy Force is supposed to be a continuation of Superlink or not (similar to the "is Nitro Convoy going to be female?" debate that has thankfully been settled with his first appearance on the show), plus there are conflicting rumors that claim Hasbro was planning to "adjust" the American dub in order to make it work as a continuation of Energon anyway.

According to the DVD special episode GF is a continuation of Micron/Superlink, only that all the characters (except maybe for M Megatron) are new. And for some reason the humans have forgotten all aabout TFs, even though they used to have lots of huge cities built on Earth. :eyebrow:
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

Uhm - same toys, same description of the cartoon plotline - what else do you need as a proof?

As for the "continuation of Energon" bit... there are still debates going on whether Galaxy Force is supposed to be a continuation of Superlink or not .... plus there are conflicting rumors that claim Hasbro was planning to "adjust" the American dub in order to make it work as a continuation of Energon anyway.

the description of the plot was officially released and posted here, in this thread, not prior .... and, more
According to the DVD special episode GF is a continuation of Micron/Superlink, only that all the characters (except maybe for M Megatron) are new. And for some reason the humans have forgotten all about TFs, even though they used to have lots of huge cities built on Earth.
this seems so strange that could be true .... as long as the Armada and Energon cartoon show could be considered related .... "ten year after .... everything change" again
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth Darth Shrapnel:
According to the DVD special episode GF is a continuation of Micron/Superlink, only that all the characters (except maybe for M Megatron) are new. And for some reason the humans have forgotten all aabout TFs, even though they used to have lots of huge cities built on Earth. :eyebrow:

It just wouldn't be an animé sequel if there weren't plot holes you could drive Unicron through. :p