Custom heads for Ironhide & Ratchet

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Angus
Protoform

Custom heads for Ironhide & Ratchet

Post by Angus »

I have just received the custom heads I bought for my G1 takara reissues Ironhide & Ratchet. They look awesome! (check picture below) They were sculpted by Guillermo Grande, a brazilian transformer fan. The best thing is the pair cost me only US$5!!!

They look great, takara couldn't have done better. The detailing is awesome and the painting is really professional. The heads are attached to the van's seat, and can be removed and put back again at any time, just like any other transformer accessory. They really exceeded my expectations...

Guillermo's e-mail is prowl07@yahoo.com but I don't know if he speaks english. But if someone wants to contact him, I can help if necessary.

What do you guys think about the heads?

Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

****ing awesome!:up:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

All they really need now is higher shoulders...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

This would certainly be something for the kitbash section...man those are neat...

He should start selling them online if he's not yet, I'm sure there are plenty out there who'd like G1, semi-cartoon-accurate versions of those two...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nice. Apart from the inferior cartoon scheme for Ratchet at least.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Would you like to submit them (individial pics) for this project of mine? All we'd need was someone who doctored a reissue box with Dreamwave art that claims to contain cartoon accurate reissues. :)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I wouldn't be completely suprised if Takara didn't do something like that when/if these get the box style reissue treatment, certainly it'd let them put Dreamwave pictures on the box without having to worry about the trades description act (or it's Japanese equiverlent);)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Nice. Apart from the inferior cartoon scheme for Ratchet at least.

I'm not sure if I understood what you meant... inferior compared to what? They both look pretty cartoon accurate in my opinion... =/
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Inferior compared to the comic scheme. The red helmet complements the scheme better.
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Inferior compared to the comic scheme. The red helmet complements the scheme better.

oh that's right. I heard that in the comics the head is placed inside the van (behind the windshield), just like ironhide in the war within comic.

But I still think that cartoon accurate is better than comic accurate, because I never read the comics anyway... =)

could you please post a pic of ironhide and ratchet from the comics?
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Angus
could you please post a pic of ironhide and ratchet from the comics?

Comic Ironhide

Comic Ratchet

I guess Cliffy's referring to the cartoon helmet being white with black horns while the comic head is red with white horns.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Originally posted by Nevermore
I guess Cliffy's referring to the cartoon helmet being white with black horns while the comic head is red with white horns.

I guess he could do a comic repaint of ratchet's head if someone asked him to. I'll send him this suggestion.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Would you like to submit them (individial pics) for this project of mine? All we'd need was someone who doctored a reissue box with Dreamwave art that claims to contain cartoon accurate reissues. :)

I took some pictures of Ironhide, I'll take some of ratchet and send them to you as soon as you tell me your e-mail address.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Well, here are the pictures I took:

http://www.ene.unb.br/~joaoluiz/ironhide_ratchet

Would you people mind publishing this link to the fandom? (at other forums, other transfomers sites, etc)

i think Guillermo deserves some advertising, his work is great. And i believe the fandom will enjoy having cartoon accurate heads for their Ironhide and Ratchet toys. Specially for such an small ammount of money...
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Why not do a little review of the quality of the heads, and how much they enhance the figures? It would be a cool thing to have on the main site!
Garand

Post by Garand »

Why not do a little review of the quality of the heads, and how much they enhance the figures? It would be a cool thing to have on the main site!

Have I had too much to drink, causing delusions, or did cliffy say something nice ;)

Anyway, what he said. Fire off a review to Savannahtron. he'll see you get a by line and your friend gets the recognition he deserves.

Wonder how much it would cost to send a batch to the states. Those would be cool to trade at OTFCC.
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Originally posted by Garand
Wonder how much it would cost to send a batch to the states. Those would be cool to trade at OTFCC.

probably less than $5 because the heads don't weight much.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Menasor
Protoform

Hasbro Ironhide and Rachet........

Post by Menasor »

There have been many Hasbro re-issues, I don't believe Rachet and Ironhide to be among them. They were terrible looking monstrousities lets face it. Unique transformations, but not as on the television show (our best and most accurate reference of how these 'bots should have looked. I really don't think that they'd sell (I had absolutely no interest in one as a kid because of the appearances).

I think that Hasbro could make some more Aniversary prime like profit by issueing improved Rachet and improved Ironhide who look like their cartoon counterparts.

I'll hold faith that they'll do that, and even if I did have a collection of original G1 transformers I really don't think that I'd have a choice when it came to buying or not buying the new "reissues" that look like the characters that we grew up admiring and not some stupid science station looking garbage that is somehow supposed to be confused for a robot.
"In chaos and confusion there is opportunity..."

Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

those heads are very sweet lookin.......I wasn't even aware that there had been reissues of Ironhide and Ratchet in their original toy forms.......As a kid, I had Ironhide, but I always hated him. He looked inferior compared to his comrades, but if I can get ahold of the reissues you are talking about, I will most definitely order those custom heads.
Good job!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium