Resuming the hunt for Cheetors

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
angloconvoy

Resuming the hunt for Cheetors

Post by angloconvoy »

Well, I've been a bit lax for the last few years, but a few of you may remember (or even have been present) when I Somewhat drunkenly accepted a dare/challenge to collect every Cheetor. It was at one of the conventions, the same year I bought Stampy.

Anyhow, today while wandering around Akihabara (because it was on the way home from an even geekier One Piece/Dragonball event I went to) I found a bunch of TF stuff on sale. So, I ended up buying Henkei Cheetor (previous put it off because he's so ugly, but for 1000 yen I figured what the hell), USB memory Tigatron, and USB memory Device Jaguar (the ravage one). Didn't spot any of the other device label stuff but I did find a Halloween edition Mickey mouse optimus. Didn't buy it though, it was 10,000 yen.

Come to think of it, ravage would display well with my MP3 soundwave.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Halfshell likes this.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I like everything about USB Ravage except the price.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Yeah, Ravage was close to 4000 yen. Tigatron was closer to 3000 cos he was on sale.

Of course, price can't be a factor in the challenge. Or ugliness, which means at some point I'll have to shell out a fortune for that ridiculous catscan repaint of nightslash.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

angloconvoy wrote:Yeah, Ravage was close to 4000 yen. Tigatron was closer to 3000 cos he was on sale.

Of course, price can't be a factor in the challenge.
But, thinking it through, should the USB Ravage and Tigatron be part of the challenge? I thought it was only Cheetors and redecos thereof? There not being a USB Cheetor surely means they're not covered, regardless that previous toys of the characters have been reworkings of Spots?

Otherwise you're in a sitch where you'd have to buy every incarnation of Ravage, too.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Well, Tigatron definitely counts and they're basically a redeco set so I included this variant. I did ponder the ravage thing briefly, but that would open a whole other Pandora's box, and I'm not drunk right now.

Oh, I also got a Marvel Universe Union Jack while I was impulse buying. Not Transformers relevant but I really couldn't be jacked opening a whole other thread for that.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

But that Tigatron isn't a Cheetor repaint!

Do you need me to find you a Robot Heroes Tigatron?
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I don't even have a robot heroes cheetor. Like I said, lax. But I guess I'll be needing both at some point. Never saw them around these parts, not even in the geek shops.

I'm ignoring your Tigatron logic in favour of mine. Also, he's a 2gig memory erm, thingy. That means he's roughly 2gig of awesome. Not to mention its just plain a lovely toy.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

angloconvoy wrote:I'm ignoring your Tigatron logic in favour of mine. Also, he's a 2gig memory erm, thingy. That means he's roughly 2gig of awesome. Not to mention its just plain a lovely toy.
And comes with an installable desktop Tigatron/Ravage to prowl about your desktop and eat your icons, apparently.

Though I'd go with the Ravage. Mostly because Tigatron's a schmuck. Oh yes.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

but the tigatron colours stand out better on my desktop! :o
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Getter better desktop?

[edit] GETTER
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I like the fact that you agreed to the bet while drunk, also while on topic, what Cheetor or Cheetor related figures do you have left to find?
Destruction is my specialty
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Actually a lot, but the hardest to track down seems to be the TM1 universe (or energon, I forget) repaint, with the erm, little energon guy. Microwhatisit. I'm actually drunk now, but in my defense, its easy to get this way when you have a cold.

Also, anyone who's met me in person will happily tell you that me agreeing to dumb stuff while drunk that I then follow through on is not all that special. What is special is when I'm drunk and convince other people to do dumb stuff. Just ask Jetfire, he might tell you about that dodgy little irish pub near Streatham Common.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

angloconvoy wrote:Actually a lot, but the hardest to track down seems to be the TM1 universe (or energon, I forget) repaint, with the erm, little energon guy. Microwhatisit. I'm actually drunk now, but in my defense, its easy to get this way when you have a cold.

Also, anyone who's met me in person will happily tell you that me agreeing to dumb stuff while drunk that I then follow through on is not all that special. What is special is when I'm drunk and convince other people to do dumb stuff. Just ask Jetfire, he might tell you about that dodgy little irish pub near Streatham Common.
That would be Armada Cheetor, if it matters.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

That's the fella, absolute bugger to find, he is. I've yet to resort to internet auctions, which, while being an easier way and maybe cheaper, somehow seems like a cheap victory. However, I doubt that'll hold out if I ever aim to actually complete the collection.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

So, Jetfire, just what have you done?
Destruction is my specialty
Clay

Post by Clay »

Got a USB Ravage the other day with some store credit. I'd describe it as similar to Masterpiece Grimlock: great in everything except price. If you can find one on the cheap, go for it.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Clay wrote:Got a USB Ravage the other day with some store credit. I'd describe it as similar to Masterpiece Grimlock: great in everything except price. If you can find one on the cheap, go for it.
And as soon as I say that, I take it back. The plastic is very brittle around the joints. His tail and one of his legs broke off. The store is replacing him free of charge though, so I just have to remember not to open or touch the new one :(
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Another one in the W column for Takara's QC approach, then.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It has come to something when you see something cool announced, and you think "I hope Hasbro bring that out". Because I'd be very apprehensive about buying anything that comes through Takara. Chinese bootleggers operating out of a shed? No problem, though.