[CUSTOM] Alternators Drifter

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
superquad7
Protoform
Custom Title: TFW2005 Supermod

Alternators Drifter

Post by superquad7 »

Hey guys, I've got to give some props to LiquiD and his own Alt Drifter bash. He's done some really nice work and I was inspired by his bash (as well as I'm inspired by everyone's work here).

While I had some of my other projects drying, I was chatting on MSN and had a spare Alt Ricochet just sort of asking for some treatment. LiquiD and I had been talking through PMs (about the headless Autoroooper I was trading for [to use for Alternators/BT/KP Outrun as well as other things), and I was looking at his bash and thought "why not?" This was a pretty big leap for me simply because a "Drifter" was not really on my "to-do" list (for those of you who don't know, ever since I've been making customs, I've had a "grocery list" of sorts of the customs I am making; I stick to it pretty strictly too).

Anyways, here is what I came up with. It's very similar to what LiquiD has made, while being drastically different as well. Notable differences are that I made mine completely black; removed the Ricochet spoiler and filled in the holes; changed the rims out for XMod rims that I painted red and black; used a Silverstreak gun with a silver Autobot symbol (to denote that he has some allegiance to the Autobots while mainly being a Decepticon [he is a drifter after all]); the custom arm (of which I took from a KO Energon Arcee); and a custom head (the same head I used for Outrun, but just treated dramatically differently).

Without further delay, I submit to you Alternators Drifter:

alt mode:

robot mode:

the arm cannon detaches in alt mode and dubs as a nitro tank (I removed the passenger seat to properly accommodate :)):

Enjoy!
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Does this mean your Shockwave can have to right hands now?

I like the wheels. Where does the head come from?
superquad7
Protoform

Post by superquad7 »

Originally posted by Clay
Does this mean your Shockwave can have to right hands now?

I like the wheels. Where does the head come from?

Well, IIRC, the leftover hand makes up a spare set of Alt fists as I had an extra left hand in my bin. :)

The head is from the same KO "Robotmasters" Optimus Prime toy that Outrun sports; it's just modded differently :)
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Nifty!

I've not seen the oversized RM Prime knock off locally. I assume yours came from Big Lots?
superquad7
Protoform

Post by superquad7 »

Originally posted by Clay
Nifty!

I've not seen the oversized RM Prime knock off locally. I assume yours came from Big Lots?

Close. It came from Dollar Tree. It wasn't a straight KO either. The head, weapons, and legs are from a RM Prime. The arms are from a AM Inferno (I think) and the torso comes in 2 styles (in either maroon or gold chrome each) with a LED light inside. For $1, I got some nice customs fodder :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Dollar Tree, you say...

I normally don't bother stopping by there since, well, they don't usually sell anything I want. I may have to drop in and see what they have tomorrow.