So I got that anime Inferno's in...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

So I got that anime Inferno's in...

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's pretty awful but the guy's quite unmistakable, with a fairly nice toy-based character model. The best bit is that when he does turn up he spends most of his time in robot mode and it's just a bit weird that he has a fire truck cab for a chest but he's just a robot until five minutes from the end, when he turns into a fire truck even if it makes no sense whatsoever for him to do so and it's set in the future. It's like the animators were playing with the toy and had 90% of the film done when one of them worked out that it turned into a fire truck and just decided to throw it in.

WINFERNO STARTS HERE.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

This isn't even the only one of these "movies" that are just a mashup of random character models, is it? I remember seeing a bit of one that was done by Gunfrey Ho's company with an ident that looks like a crappy version of the Columbia one with music that liberally borrows (read: just flat out copy&pastes) music from Star Wars. Joseph Lai (whose name is on the credits here) was his partner in crime, too.

They're good for at least one thing, you can use them to figure out how much of a super robot fan you are by the amount of knocked off animation models you can recognize. Even when something isn't as blatant a copy as Inferno, it's probably either a recolour or at least an amalgamation of several. Pretty sure Inferno isn't the only Transformer (or at least a Diaclone) to make it into these productions.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Inferno sure has kissable lips.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

inflatable dalek wrote:Inferno sure has kissable lips.
When you die, we're gonna take that quote out of context and put it everywhere.
I like bears.