Need help with a good Anime list

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
moonbaseone
Protoform

Need help with a good Anime list

Post by moonbaseone »

Hi all. I am working on adding Anime to my site and was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me out. Just post some names to your favorite Anime cartoons/movie.

I have some Anime up on my siter already but want to work on adding more. I want to add 30+ before the next phase of my site so any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

THANKS

-Moonbaseone
"Till All Are ONE"

-Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource for Toons, Anime, Transformers, and more!!!

By - Moonbaseone
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Guyver

For some reason i seriously cant think of any of my other stuff...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Gundam 0079
Gundam 0080

Zeta Gundam
Gundam MS 08TH Team

Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed
Gundam Seed Destiny

Then we go to the more obvious stuff like Pokemon, Digimon, Beyblade, transformers RID-Armada-Energon-Cybertron...
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Stark
Protoform

Post by Stark »

Some of my favorites in no particular order are...

Cowboy Bebop (One of the best cartoons ever IMO)
Lupin the 3rd
Hellsing
FLCL
Vampier Hunter D (There are 2 movies)
Trigun
Rurouni Kenshin
Inuyasha
Fullmetal Alchemist
Wicked City
Iria: Zeiram the animation
Akira
Witch Hunter Robin
Read or Die
Spirited Away
and as much as I hate to admit it sometimes Dragonball and Dragonball Z

I'm not really sure if they're considered anime, but I also really liked Robotech and Voltron.

Yeah I know most of these have been on Cartoon Network at some time or other, but I still like them.
Scout

Post by Scout »

;) This probably belongs in the comics / anime section for better responses, but ---

Sohryuden - legend of the dragon kings

Dot Hack

Crystania

Bubblegum Crisis / Crash

Ranma 1/2

Record of Lodoss War

Grave of the Fireflies

Area 88
Sades

Post by Sades »

I agree, and I'll be shipping it off to said forum- don't mind seeing it here personally, catches people who (like me) don't visit other forums all too often, but still...

It's not a series, but Perfect Blue is an awesome film... dunno if it counts...?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I don't really watch a lot of anime, just the random oddities that interest me.

Cowboy Bebop: OMG too mainsweem!11! But it's a damn good show. Very well-rounded in every respect with characters you really come to care about by the end. All that and a superb ENGLISH voice over that put's all the Japanese dub-elitists in their place.

Big O: The first season, anyway. Big O II was a convuluted mess (especially the big "revelation" in the last episode). It really feels like Batman with a giant robot. And you've got a great rogue's gallery to compliment the main character; it really has that "super hero" appeal to it and so much more.

The Guyver: The original series, the live action movies, the new series...it's all solid gold. Lots of Zoanoid mutants, gore, a really cool super hero with some awesome powers. Good stuff.

Spawn: The HBO series. You could technically count it as "anime" if you want, as it was done by Mad House Studios (the people behind Ninja Scroll and Perfect Blue), but it could also qualify as a "mature cartoon" as it was written by Americans. Either way it's one of the BEST animated television shows I've ever seen. Gorgeus animation, some of the very best voice acting you will EVER hear in any language (Kieth David is the MAN!) and genuinely unsetlling scenerios and creepy moments. It's everything the Spawn movie should have been and everything that was good about the comics without any of the boring fluff. If you haven't seen it I pity you.

Greggory Horror Show: Something completely different. It's a CG animated series of about 5 minute-long episodes aimmed at somewhat of a younger audience, but by no means is it "childish". It's told from the POV of a lost person who stumbles into "Greggory House", an inn for the damned. You meet some really weird and creepy tenants, like a father-son pair of dogs with an axes buried in their skulls, or a cat locked in a padded cell with his eyes, mouth and ears sewn shut. And the whole show is seen through the eyes of the lost stranger, so you sort've take on his role. It's very interesting and something totally different than what most people are used to. I recommend it.

And there are others but I'm tired of typing.

EDIT:

Lupin III: Just becuase I felt bad about forgetting it. Damn funny show with TONS or movies, episodes and OVAs to keep you entertained. 30 years-worth. Classic characters and some really funny material. Good stuff.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by DrSpengler

The Guyver: The original series, the live action movies, the new series...it's all solid gold. Lots of Zoanoid mutants, gore, a really cool super hero with some awesome powers. Good stuff.

Wait wait... new series???? whats this?
malcos
Protoform

Post by malcos »

In no particular order:

Evangelion
Full Metal Panic!
Fullmetal Alchemist
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Bleach
Naruto
Spirited Away
Thanks to Mininin for the sig.

Click here for Ravnica: City of Guilds spoilers
Originally posted by Sir Auros
fuci, everthing that movew!
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Not in order,
Reboot (many consider it to be Canadian Anime)
Sonic X
Gumdam Wing
Gundam 0083
Gundam 0080
Inyuasha
Escaflone
Burn up W
Dragon Ball Z (before the Buu saga)

That's what I can think of for now.
Let me know when the site is finished.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
Wait wait... new series???? whats this?

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=12166

Lotsa stuff about it in this thread. Already started in Japan a month ago, looks fantastic.
Loki
Protoform

Post by Loki »

Patlabor - Movies, tv series, OVAs, bloody all of it. Solid gold. Except maybe that last movie...
Martian Sucessor Nadesico - forget the movie though.

And coz I'm odd... Black Heaven & Original Tenchi.
There's probably more.

Hey, is Samurai Champloo any good?
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Not a large collection:

Berserk
DragonBall/Z/GT
Pokemon [All of them. Fairly good show]
Trigun
Final Fantasy: The Legend of The Crystals
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=12166

Lotsa stuff about it in this thread. Already started in Japan a month ago, looks fantastic.

anythin about subbed versions of episodes on the net? fan subs or anything... i need to see this series!
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
anythin about subbed versions of episodes on the net? fan subs or anything... i need to see this series!

Since I don't download stuff (computer not so good) I couldn't say, though I DO know that the raw Japanese version of the first episode is out somewhere. Anarchist Guy over at the Technodrome sent me a ton of screencaps.

The show looks gorgeous.

I wouldn't worry about waiting too long, though. Popular anime makes it's way to America very quickly these days, especially if they already have a fanbase. And Guyver has been getting a number of DVD releases, lately (both movies got released earlier this year and both volumes of the OVA series got released in a value 2-pack).

So it should be out in no time. :)
moonbaseone
Protoform

Post by moonbaseone »

Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
Not in order,
Reboot (many consider it to be Canadian Anime)
Sonic X
Gumdam Wing
Gundam 0083
Gundam 0080
Inyuasha
Escaflone
Burn up W
Dragon Ball Z (before the Buu saga)

That's what I can think of for now.
Let me know when the site is finished.

Hey, THANKS ALOT. I have written ALL of these down and have begun working on them a few hours ago. Doinf research, getting info, etc... And I welcome more to this list.

And Cassetteacon, my site is up and running and has been for a few months. But, I am now concentrating on adding more Anime. And I am working on Art, Books, and other sections at random.

ALOT of work seeing as I am working on all of it by myself. I have been thinking of adding a Forum to my site, but I am doing my research into that before I do. But that will be alittle ways down the line. I want add alot more toons 1st. And make sure that people will actually join it.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Some of you may remember my other site, PlanetCybertron.com, which was about Transformers. Well, I put that on hold and am concentrating on my new site, as I am trying to cover ALL cartoons, not just Transformers. I will eventually be porting all the TF stuff over to the new site. It is just a matter of hwo I wanna do that. i will either transfer everything over and use the same layout of the new site for the Transformers cartoons, or I thought about making a TF's section on the new site. What do you think?

So, as you can see, I will be VERY busy for the next few months. But keep the list coming. And if you have any non-Anime cartoons you wouldn't mind seeing me add to the site, fell fre to list them here or PM/email me.

Also, I will eventually be looking for "volunteers adn people who would like to submit some artwork. I am thinking of giving every "volunteer" and artwork designer their own profile page(maybe???), so if anyone is interested, let me know.

And again, THANKS for all the help.

-Moonbaseone
"Till All Are ONE"

-Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource for Toons, Anime, Transformers, and more!!!

By - Moonbaseone
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

I wish to add Samurai Champloo(very good, sorta like Rurouni Kenshin meets hip-hop. one of the animators from the Animatrix did the animation, and its created by Shinichiro Watanabe, creator of Cowboy Bebop.), G Gundam and Yu Yu Hakusho. If you want any anime movies, I know people will gripe at me for mentioning it, but Akira is a good movie. I've also heard Fist of the North Star is excellent, as well as Ninja Scroll.
Loki
Protoform

Post by Loki »

Originally posted by AngelOfDeath124
I wish to add Samurai Champloo(very good, sorta like Rurouni Kenshin meets hip-hop. one of the animators from the Animatrix did the animation, and its created by Shinichiro Watanabe, creator of Cowboy Bebop.) I've also heard Fist of the North Star is excellent.
-quote snipped (a bit) -

Cool, I was wondering about SC. As for FotNS, well, if you're talking about the 80's streamline dub then excellent wouldn't be the word I'd use... ;)

Entertaining though.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Ninja Scroll and Naruto are good.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash