Dreamengine!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Dreamengine!

Post by Neuronutter »

Don't know if anyone has reported this before but I was browsing on Google and I came across the new Dreamengine website (http://www.dreamengine.ca/flash.html). If I wasn't convinced before by how well Pat Lee and the others came out of the Dreamwave fiasco, I am now as the website is very flash and clearly expensive. There's not alot on the website, a list of services available, alot of pictures, a list of previous clients, a wallpaper and a listing of the principal managers of the company:

Pat Lee: CEO/Chairman of Creative Direction (the creative art of ripping off your staff?)

Roger Lee: CFO/Chairman of Sales and Marketing (the art of distancing themselves from Dreamwave?)

Yeon Yi Rhee: COO/Chairman of Production (Did he work for DW too?)

Unsuprisingly there's no mention of any Dreamwaves Transformers comics, although there is pictures of the box art of the Jazz, Prowl and Optimus Prime G1 Takara reissues and there are a few pics of robots! Pat Lee obviously hasn't lost the art of spin as the front page has this to say:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is often said, “A picture is worth a thousand words,” and at Dream Engine, we embody that spirit in full-force.

Dream Engine Inc. is a comprehensive production studio specializing in providing multimedia content for all mediums in the entertainment field.

Whether in search of cutting-edge original intellectual properties or seeking visually stimulating creations for existing brands, Dream Engine offers a wide-range _of creative services that connect with an ever-expanding global audience.

A production studio fully equipped to take a project from drawing board to dazzling finished product, Dream Engine offers the expertise of principals with hands-on industry experience.

Dream Engine will meet any creative challenge in the world of exciting new opportunities for multimedia content providers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hands-on industry experience"? Who are they kidding?

Is anyone seriously gonna work with Dreamengine after all that has happened? These guys deserve to be locked up after the way they ripped off all their staff, not free to con another bunch of people and run their company into the ground to make themselves rich!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Dead Man Wade

Re: Dreamengine!

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Neuronutter
I am now as the website is very flash and clearly expensive.

Well, they do have plenty of money kicking around. After all, it's not like they had to pay those ungrateful "artists".
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

Somehow I don't think they will be retuning to the comics industry any time soon.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

dreamengine is currently doing covers for batman: journey into knight as well as interiors on the new cyberforce series for image.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

Oh realy? I had no idea. I couldn't finsd anything on their site except the dreambot.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah instead of doing their imprint they have opted to be a studio that does things for other imprints ala the majority of udon's work (apart from capcom comics)
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*