Hatred for GoBots

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
TristanOfVP
Protoform

Hatred for GoBots

Post by TristanOfVP »

Let me start off by saying I am 18years old, I was around during the G2/Beast wars era but I grew up playing G2 toys and hand me down G1s from my older cousins.I remeber the first time I heard of GoBots when I was looking at an old Transformers comic. I saw an ad for GoBots, at first I was interested in these transformers esque characters, but they looked wierd with big fists and with wierd faces. Something did not sit right with me about them. I was about 4 or 5 years old at the time, and the next time I saw my older cousin, who had given me his old TFs, I instantly had to ask him about GoBots and what they were. He simply replied "all you need to know is that GoBots are f***ing gay." After all these years he still had a deep hatred for GoBots.

That encounter has stayed with me and I hate GoBots with every fiber in my body to this day. When every I get a lot of g1 TFs and there is a go bot they go into the "broken" area of my TF shelves. GoBots are worse than KO transformers to me. The toys are terrible and they just look dorky. The way the look in robot mode is just akward and wtf is with the "rock lords" I wonder what they were thinking, "Hey guys lets make a rock that turns into a robot!" Sorry to go on a rant but I just had to share my feelings about GoBots. :)
Looking for a Powermaster Prime Shoulder cannon/smoke stack thinggy.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I watched and loved gobots just as much as any other cartoon/toyline back when I was a kid. I don't tend to give them much thought anymore but i would like to someday acquire a few of the Gobots I was fond of back in the day and the powersuit things and the spaceship thing they attach to to make the giant robot. I loved the powersuits when i was a kid. I had all 4 but lost/broke them...
Cliffjumper

Re: Hatred for GoBots

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by TristanOfVP
Let me start off by saying I am 18years old

Nope, you are a spastic, and I shall deal with you later, you barely-literate ****tard. You hate a toyline because someone told you they were "****ing gay"? Silly little pig****er.
Cliffjumper

Re: Hatred for GoBots

Post by Cliffjumper »

Eh, sod it, it's not like it's going to take much effort to deal with an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about and can't spell "remember" or handle sentence structure...
but they looked wierd with big fists
List of big-fisted Gobots, please?
He simply replied "all you need to know is that GoBots are f***ing gay." After all these years he still had a deep hatred for GoBots.
So this sort of thing runs in your family? Maybe time to climb out of the genepool, eh?
That encounter has stayed with me and I hate GoBots with every fiber in my body to this day.
Every fiber of your body? Heh, so you don't hate, like, Mugabe because everything's devoted to hating a dead toyline? That's arguably the saddest, most pathetic accidental confession we've ever had here, and that includes a poster who devoted every fiber of his body to hating me....
When every I get a lot of g1 TFs and there is a go bot they go into the "broken" area of my TF shelves. GoBots are worse than KO transformers to me. The toys are terrible and they just look dorky. The way the look in robot mode is just akward and wtf is with the "rock lords" I wonder what they were thinking, "Hey guys lets make a rock that turns into a robot!" Sorry to go on a rant but I just had to share my feelings about GoBots. :)

Looks like someone doesn't really know what they're talking about. Shame, really, there's a wealth of information out there, and there's always some backwards little tosser who has figures because of a line name on the packet... The regular Gobots are, on the whole, significantly better than any 1980s/early 1990s TF fiogure of the same size. The Super Gobots, a bit more dependant on accepting the mecha-based design philosophy (though Psycho/Von Joy/Bug Bite et al make a much better fist of it than Diaclone's own attempts to do the same). Combinators and even Dread Launchers trash the Duocons. Any reasonable comparison made regarding the toys sees Gobots running TF closer than anyone but the most blinkered fanboy (i.e. some pathetic little ****eater who gets burnt up with hatred for a toyline because he cousin tells him it's "gay" [nice bit of homophobia there as well, eh?]) would have trouble arguing with.
secretcode

Re: Re: Hatred for GoBots

Post by secretcode »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Nope, you are a spastic, and I shall deal with you later, you barely-literate ****tard. You hate a toyline because someone told you they were "****ing gay"? Silly little pig****er.

Hey! I'm 18 as well!

Anyway if there is anyone on these boards you shouldn't f*** with about Gobots, it's Cliffjumper. He has a f***ing website about them for goodness sake! :wall:

Most of the Gobot line had better articulation and plastic quality than most G1 Figures. I just bought a old Bugbite (Thanks for the review, Cliffjumper.) and I'm more impressed with it than G1 Bumblebee.

And Rock Lords were a very original idea, albeit one that didn't work well, but original nonetheless. I take it you are among the crowd that hates the movie and animated too, because they aren't to your "standards"?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I'm kinda tempted to get some 'hero' Go-Bots myself.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Cliffy has pretty much said it all but you sir are a **** of the highest order.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

This could only end in tears, for everyone's own good I'm locking this.
TristanOfVP
Protoform

About the GoBots

Post by TristanOfVP »

WOW some people or should I say nerds take s*** WAY too seriously, that article was meant to be taken lightly. I just don't care for GoBots and SOME people took as if I were talking about their family members. Jeeze people they are JUST TOYS FFS. I am not sorry for what I said because they are after all, JUST TOYS. If you took that article I wrote to heart, please seek help immediately. You guys have serious issues :laugh:
Looking for a Powermaster Prime Shoulder cannon/smoke stack thinggy.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I try to set an example by politely disagreeing and it's like no one was even paying attention... :nonono:
Hound

Post by Hound »

Hi, I'm Hound.

I moderate this forum. I'm going to go ahead and give you a few tips that you'll hopefully take to heart.

First of all. Using the phrase "they are ****ing gay" to describe something you don't like is never going to win you any respect around here. It's use is highly discouraged.

Secondly, if a staff member closes a thread it's because we don't want the discussion to continue. Making a new thread in order to continue it is never a good idea. That's why this one is now closed. Let this drop now, k?

Third, it's perfectly ok for you to say you don't like gobots. Though it's important to remember that the more constructive and intelligent your view is presented the better your chances of seeing a respectful reply. Equally as important to remember is that people are allowed to disagree with you. So please don't get nasty when someone does.

Here's hoping future discussions you become involved in are more pleasent :)
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Getting soft in your old age, Josh...

Eighteen? Somehow I don't believe that.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

...and Tom gets another free pass...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Official policy statement: can people please use the "Report this post" links rather than feeding trolls.

(And on a more general note, everyone's invited to leave "toyline X is teh roxxor, toyline Y is teh suxxor" type 'discussions' in the playground where they belong.)