Problems with alt Mirage?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sharky
Protoform

Problems with alt Mirage?

Post by Sharky »

I just got Alt Mirage about an hour and a half ago, and my first impressions were "Wow, its great". However, upon transforming him to robot mode it became apparent that the joint where his leg meets his hip (the joint allowing forward and backward motion in his leg) is extremely loose, flopping all over the place. The joint in question is on his right side from the position of looking at him (see diagram below).

Is there any way for me to fix or tighten this joint without a)breaking or damaging the toy or b)having to buy a new one? Usually I wouldnt ask but I have been supremely impressed with this mold so far and wish to have more 'hands on time' with it, as opposed to just putting it in some form of action pose and relegating it to my display shelf.

Thanks in advance

PS thanks to bwtf.com for the picture
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

A brief albeit conclusive research on my Hot Rod indicates that you can take him apart at the crotch [there's a screw on his arse] and from there you can do your repairs on the joint.

I'm not sure how you can repair it, but do examine the seams before removing that screw; if it's going to break the waist in two, then avoid it.

How loose is the joint, really? Loose to the point the legs drops on its own if you hold the figure vertically?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Don't have mine on hand to tell you how to take it apart, but it should just be a matter of tightening a screw. I'll take a look when I get home.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Clay
I'll take a look when I get home.

Er, yeah... didn't specify when I'd remember to, though...

Anyway, all you should have to do is tighten a screw. My Mirage's legs swing freely, but they're not loose. Although if tightening the screw doesn't help, I wouldn't force it...