1:24 transforming Toyotas

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

1:24 transforming Toyotas

Post by Clay »

Blue
black
red
silver

Anybody else seen these before? There are three or four auctions up - looks like the same mold in different colors.

I've seen the Roadbot knockoffs, but they're in different scales than the Binaltechs/Alternators. These are 1:24, and seem roughly based on the BT/Alt Prowl figure's transformation.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Only seen 'em on the listings... pretty clunky-looking, though
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I think they showed up just before Xmas... probably good repaint fodder.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Only seen 'em on the listings... pretty clunky-looking, though

The car's pretty ugly too, IMHO.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

They look like one is worth the ten bucks for the sake of curiosity (the blue car came out well) but not plus shipping...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, those chunky legs and big chests just remind me of those diecast "knock-offs" that do the rounds in Europe (Mini one's probably the best known - http://counter-x.net/photos/nonformers/minirobot.html) - chunky, ugly looking, vaguely disappointing. Actually, to be fair, the last dozen actual Alternators have hit most of those points...

Oh, and Clay, this beastie is 1:22 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0111465535 - might be beyond even your m@d sk1llz to drag a decent fig out of it, though ;)
Clay

Post by Clay »

I'd imagine I could take the arms and legs from a Ricochet Alt and use epoxy to attach them, but I've never actually tried a re-shelling project before.
They look like one is worth the ten bucks for the sake of curiosity (the blue car came out well) but not plus shipping...
Yeah, I've only picked up one bootleg of that kind before - one of the Metals Transform knock offs of Side Swipe from Hong Kong. While the Engrish version of the Binaltech booklet has provided much entertainment for occasional company, the actual figure itself was so low-quality that I couldn't really do much with it aside from harvesting the head and hands (that sounds grim, doesn't it?).