Universe Silverbolt revealed at Australian Toy Fair

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Universe Silverbolt revealed at Australian Toy Fair

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=859

Mirrored image:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/st ... bolt01.jpg

('cuz TFW2005 will likely change it to be an embedded only-visible-for-registered-members pic soon too)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Thats sharp!
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

oh, thats nice isn't it! Well thats surprising to say the least. Wonder what the bot mode will look like?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

That's pretty sweet looking. On a side note, those Marvel TFs look pretty awful. I don't remember seeing those before, but I wasn't looking too hard for them either.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Notabot wrote:On a side note, those Marvel TFs look pretty awful. I don't remember seeing those before, but I wasn't looking too hard for them either.
Christ, I wasn't even noticing them till you mentioned it. Those are a new kind of ugly for sure. I can't work out just who would be interested in such as thing? Surely Marvel fans won't, and I can't see too many TF fans wanting them. Then gain we do have fans of the Star Wars TF line don't we?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

So I make that two 'bot Ultras and one 'con Ultra so far announced. Who will be the as yet unknown second 'con Ultra?

Does anybody know if Silverbolt will be in Wave 2? It seems strange that we hear about him so late if he is intended for Wave 1.

Looking good, though. :clap:
Wreck and Rule!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Looks a bit fake to me.

The toy inside the box looks like a flat piece of cardboard something.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Tetsuro wrote:Looks a bit fake to me.

The toy inside the box looks like a flat piece of cardboard something.
It is... they had the box out for display purposes only. I'm guessing the toy is still in its protoform stage, which means it will most likely be in Wave 2.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Hmmm...

Design looks a bit poor, if that is the genuine release toy. Looks like Silverbolt's upgrade will still have a plane on his back - only this time a bizarre one.

But, without seeing the actual 'bot, it's impossible to tell. Could be that the transformation makes the toy worthwhile.

The box art certainly implies an nigh on G1 robot mode anyway.

Still, never was a fan of Silverbolt originally, and those initial images don't do it for me this time round either.

I'll stick with Powerglide for my Ultra buying plans in this line for now.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Ackula wrote:Those are a new kind of ugly for sure.
Actually, they're an old kind of ugly...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Nice. Can't wait to see more. Oi Hasblo! Damn you for making me want a large figure! ;)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Tetsuro wrote:The toy inside the box looks like a flat piece of cardboard something.
Mmm.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=862
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

So Blaster's Mini-Con is named "Blockrock"?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Interesting photos of Sunstreaker (mis-)transformed so his chest is formed by the front of his car mode. The linked thread calls this his "Sideswipe mode", and surmises that this is what Sideswipe and Red Alert (if and when we see them in Universe) will look like.

Looks OK, but I have to say I'm not bowled over by it. I'm a sucker for Sideswipe though, so that toy will be a must buy for me whatever.
Wreck and Rule!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Damn it all to hell. Looks like another $30 to save up. I have always been a sucker for the Aerialbots.

So that means we got Aerialbot representation, Combaticon representation with Onslaught... Could we be seeing more of these? *Crosses fingers for a Hot Spot, Razorclaw, and a Motormaster*
Nevermore wrote:So Blaster's Mini-Con is named "Blockrock"?
Sadly, yes. Surely they could have picked a better name for it. I would have been happy for Graphy or even naming it something out of the blue like "Airrazor".
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Maju Garzett wrote: Sadly, yes. Surely they could have picked a better name for it. I would have been happy for Graphy or even naming it something out of the blue like "Airrazor".
For some reason I thought it said, "Blackrock" and almost geeked out.
Clay

Post by Clay »

With Silverbolt and Onslaught making their presence in the bigger size classes, I wonder if Hasbro is planning for them to be combiners.

I reckon if they release the bodies this year, and a pair of limbs for each in 2009 and 2010, they would have complete combiners on the market before the collectors' club finishes releasing theirs.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Maju Garzett wrote:Sadly, yes. Surely they could have picked a better name for it. I would have been happy for Graphy or even naming it something out of the blue like "Airrazor".
No.

Chemical Brothers > Japanese cassettes.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Clay wrote:With Silverbolt and Onslaught making their presence in the bigger size classes, I wonder if Hasbro is planning for them to be combiners.
From what we've seen of Onslaught I'm pretty sure he can't combine with anything. If he can, the connection points haven't been visible in any of the pics we've seen of him so far. We won't be able to say for sure until he's released, though.

From the box art on Silverbolt's package, it looks like he's going to be a lot more G1-esque in robot mode than either of the previous Ultras we've seen, more in line with the sort of re-imaginings we saw in the first series of Classics. I've always been a fan of his G1 look, so he's already pencilled in above Onslaught and Powerglide in my books (which, since we've yet to see the toy, says a lot more about those two than about Silverbolt).
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry wrote:From what we've seen of Onslaught I'm pretty sure he can't combine with anything. If he can, the connection points haven't been visible in any of the pics we've seen of him so far. We won't be able to say for sure until he's released, though.
True; once they're released, it'll be simple enough to check for combiner joints. It's just that releasing both Onslaught and Silverbolt, out of the all the characters to choose from, at the highest price point in the line suggest further plans.

Or not. But it could be neat if it there are more in the works.