Tokyo Toy Show news, MP-03 Starscream + Kiss Rodimus, etc.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Tokyo Toy Show news

Post by Nevermore »

Originally from Autobase Aichi, translation available at the Allspark:

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.ph ... opic=10621
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looks photoshopped, so I hope this isn't the actual final colors:

[edit: pic's been removed from the site]

Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

photoshopped or not, those colors look garish. hope they'll revert back to basic grey red and blue...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Okay, you want REALLY bad news?

Crap colored Starscream is apparently mass retail. And the regular MP-04 release with the trailer won't have Roller.

Rather, Starscream in G1 colors (including a crown) and Roller (by himself) will be exclusively available via TT's new club, which will apparently be limited to Japanese residents. :wall:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nice reselling opportunity for them...

edit:

Apparently Roddy's hobbies now include fishing line bondage.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm just pleasantly surprised she doesn't have a lit candle wedged up her arse.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I'm just pleasantly surprised she doesn't have a lit candle wedged up her arse.

On a tangent, I just found out Maisumi is friends with Pat Lee. I'll never look at her photos again. :(
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Yes. Yes it is. It also comes with a very special Cyber Planet Key that "unlocks" her secret “lady” powers.

Edit: Yes, yes the idea is simply ludicrous. Why would it have a Planet Key... now as for the padlock chick:wtf:
-Alex???
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Is that a...padlock around her neck?

Transformers: The Ties That Bind.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

But the biggest surprise is that's actually Daniel.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm guessing any board members who admit to owning any of these things in the future are exempt from any sort of rules about not being flamed? I feel sorry for any non-Japanese completists (well, that's a lie, but stick with it), as the chances of getting this thing past customs are frankly miniscule...
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Post by trilobitepictures »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Okay, you want REALLY bad news?

Crap colored Starscream is apparently mass retail. ...Rather, Starscream in G1 colors (including a crown) ... will be exclusively available via TT's new club, which will apparently be limited to Japanese residents.

Well drop my pants and give me twenty.... that realy, really sucks. You kitbashers out there could probably make a fortune repainting this thing in anime colours for people.

And it is nice to know that the Japanese teach their children about bondage and S&M early on like that. All she needs is a ball-gag with an Autobot symbol on it, jeez...
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Clay

Post by Clay »

The little anime figure is... an uncomfortable extra. I'll still snag a Rodimus if I can, but the smaller figure may go in the trash. The other BTAs/Kiss figures are fairly benign, but that one... yeesh.

On a happier note, I think the mass-retail version of Starscream looks spiffy with the combination of colors and mold changes. It reminds me a lot of the Energon Starscream recolor, which I actually didn't care for. I'm starting to like the masterpiece Starscream again, though.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Man... was going to pass on all but Rodimus (Prime's too similar, and Autolooper, at this point, is a WST and not an Alternator/Binaltech guy...)

I still would LIKE to get Rodimus, but this is ... disturbing ...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Just bin the figure. Not like exports constitute the driving force of Takara's retail sales, anyway...

edit:
Originally posted by trilobitepictures
And it is nice to know that the Japanese teach their children about bondage and S&M early on like that. All she needs is a ball-gag with an Autobot symbol on it, jeez...
Yeah, it's not like Playboy logos or anorexic bottle blondes wearing far less are all over everything in the West, screwing with kids' sense of "beauty" and identity.

This stuff is at least marketed at adults. Slightly creepy adults (whilst it's common for simplified character designs to be used for emphasis in fiction, it's usually a snap-into-snap-out effect, not this) but adults.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Clay
The little anime figure is... an uncomfortable extra. I'll still snag a Rodimus if I can, but the smaller figure may go in the trash. The other BTAs/Kiss figures are fairly benign, but that one... yeesh.

Yeah, that's what I'll probably do if I can bring myself to pay more than twice the price of an alternator for Roddy. He's really the only figure I'm interested in, as far as Kiss goes, and that's just because I'm a big fan of Hot Rod.

EDIT: Might wanna get rid of the link in your second post, Nevs. Looks like they took down the pic and put up a bunch of NSFWs. Luckily, I'm home right now, but I'd be sweatin' bullets if I'd opened that at work.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Yeah, that's what I'll probably do if I can bring myself to pay more than twice the price of an alternator for Roddy. He's really the only figure I'm interested in, as far as Kiss goes, and that's just because I'm a big fan of Hot Rod.

Have there been any comparison shots of the miniature Meister, yet? I wonder how small it actually is.

The price - yeah, $50 is a bit of a deterrent, but I've already got all the color variants in both Binaltech and Alternators, so I tend to look at it as the price of keeping the collection current. It's that they don't come out terribly frequently combined with the fact that I've already got so many that makes me willing to splurge on the Japanese figures if they're significantly different.

But if I were only going to pick up a couple of the figures as opposed to being completist, hell no would I pay that much per figure. That'd be nuts, as opposed to what I'm doing now :o

I think the prices are inflated for the Kiss figures because of the DVDs included, which are supposedly wacky-expensive in Japan. Not certain, though - just a guess.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, at that price, I'm gonna wait and see if an Alt version comes out. If it weren't for all the parts on these silly things, I might actually try taking a brush to it. Unfortunately, it's not as simple to take apart as GI Joes are . . . The only reason I'd consider paying to import it is because I'm a Hot Rod fan, and there's no word of it being released stateside.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
EDIT: Might wanna get rid of the link in your second post, Nevs. Looks like they took down the pic and put up a bunch of NSFWs. Luckily, I'm home right now, but I'd be sweatin' bullets if I'd opened that at work.
There's basically no such thing as SFW, when surfing around -- any link can change at any time.

I've stuck in a mirror of the pic.

Looking forward to Classics Roddy, personally.