Toys!!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Toys!!

Post by SHOCKERS »

Does anyone own the new Titanium Megatron and Prime? I think they look great!!:)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Next person to start random question threads in the News forum is probably gonna get banned...
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

...I'll get my coat......
ColdBain
Protoform

Help me!

Post by ColdBain »

Hello everyone,

I have been aware of this website for ages, and have been meaning to join the forum discussion pages for awhile, but, never really got around to it. Until I came accross a little problem. Here's my problem.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a Takara Re-release of Megatron (from the Transformer Collection Series), and just yesterday the toy itself arrived, in it's snazzy little box and all. It was perfectly sealed, I opened it, and was once again reunited with a toy that my brother broke 17 years ago. Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, the packaging people forgot to put the Megatron Stickers inside the boxing, as well as the manual, which means I cannot put any stickers on him. None of those wavey-curly line thing on his chest, or the digital stuff on the inside of his legs, nothing.

So here's where I need help, I was wondering if anybody in here knew of a place/site/anyone who has a Megatron sticker sheet available to purchase. Like I said, it's great to have a brand new and shiny Megatron, but without the stickers, he feels a little incomplete somehow.

So there's my problem, if anyone can help, you're absolute legends. Thanks very much, and I'm glad to be able to post on this site finally. This place is great!

-ColdBain
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Here are some repro-labels of Megatron: http://reprolabels.com/Decepticons/megatron.asp

I just picked up Titanium Beast Megs, and I'm impressed. A little pricy, but a nice little figurine. Probably won't get any more of the little ones, but may invest in the 6"ers.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Hey, thanks very much.

It is a bit pricy, you're right, but luckily it was just this one mistake aye. If it happened with every new transformer I buy then it starts to become a problem.

It's really interesting seeing so many stickers still being produced. And the 'upgrades' for specific Transformers. Giving their Optimus Prime 'battle damage' and all that. For me, getting a hold of an Optimus Prime is a hard enough feat, let alone personalizing. Maybe one day when I get rich... :)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, it's amazing how hard that mold is to get, in spite of being reissued several times, the price is still pretty high on it. If you look for the G2 version, you might be able to get the mold for less.
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

Got 6" Megs and Prime yesterday,they rock!!!
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

The prime mold is tricky. I got one off of evilbay for about 15 bucks shipped just the cab and trailor. I thought it was a good enough deal since it was in good shape. It all just depends.
ColdBain
Protoform

The Optimus Hunt

Post by ColdBain »

Living in New Zealand, it's pretty hard to find what you want in terms of Transformers...

There's a New Zealand version of ebay called Trade Me (excuse me if you all already know this), and lately there has been a lot of Optimus Primes popping up. Some original ones, box and styrofoam and all that jazz. Naturally the price is exceedingly expensive, sometimes it seems a more viable solution to find a website that is selling the Takara Transformers Collection Re-release of Optimus Prime. At least if you manage to find one of those he comes with his Orange Axe thing. :)
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

Yeah,the axe is a nice touch,the extras with some of the reissues are quite neat.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

The large transformering Megatron and Optimus, yeah I have them the look great but don't handle them much, Prime's paint at least chips easily be careful with them if you get them.
ColdBain
Protoform

This Dude and his Toys

Post by ColdBain »

You guys should check this website OUT. I'm not entirely sure as to what the low-down here is, but from what I can tell, here's this dude making his own 'Master-Piece' Transformers. He's working on a Masterpiece Megatron, and though while it looks a wee bit shaky, the design looks pretty solid (he might be wise to sell his deisgns to Hasbro or Takara or something, get them to tidy it up a bit). :eek:

And Shockers, totally, the extras are pretty mint. The purple glowing 'spiky ball and chain' is a great touch for Megatron.
ColdBain
Protoform

Sorry

Post by ColdBain »

Here's the link:

http://www.marksprojects.com/megatron.htm

It's pretty cool.
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

I'm just in the process of ordering Megaplex,the grey eHOBBY varient of Megatron.He's got a yellow spikey ball and chain!:)
ColdBain
Protoform

Lucky Me!

Post by ColdBain »

My Transformer Spending allowance is basically SPENT for the rest of this year now. But I am happy, wanna know why? Because I have secured a copy of the Takara #00 - Convoy, a copy of the MP01 Optimus Prime with Trailer, an ORIGINAL METROPLEX in it's box with the stickers unapplied, AND to top it off, a Takara #13 - Hot Rod. I'm kinda in heaven at the moment, so I'm just gonna kick back and relax. I got a Robot Masters Convoy from China as well (doesn't have any Autobot insignia on him though, and the plastic is a bit shoddy, but for $12, I'm not complaining). Sorry about all the bragging, but my collection of G1 Red Primes would almost complete, all I need now is a World's Smallest Prime!

On another note, the Megaplex, good idea! I've seen a couple of real cheap ones about, well, they WERE cheap, but their price has been gradually increasing. If you managed to score one now, that would be totally awesome as well! And that's my bragging put to rest for awhile...

***SIGH***