What's the deal with Korean Versions?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

What's the deal with Korean Versions?

Post by Knightdramon »

I've spotted a dealer at e-bay.com, liqdeal.

Some of his items [bw neo convoy, bw2 megastorm etc] are imported from Korea.

It happens that I purchased a BW2 Galvatron, a korean version, from him.

Can somebody tell me the differences [if any] between the japanese and the korean version? Cheaper plastic etc...
It won't collapse in my hands, will it? lol

Thanks in advance
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

The Korean versions are officially licensed, so you don't need to worry about them falling apart like knockoffs. The main differences are in the price and packaging.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Besides what Luke said, which is absolutely correct (Sonokong is officially licensed from Takara) there is one minute difference: the grade of plastic being used. The moulds themselves are identical; however, the Sonokong plastic is of a cheaper/less quality grade than the Takara Plastic.
I own quite a lot of the BW II/Neo stuff (which is all overseas stuff), and for a few figures, I own both Takara and Sonokong versions of the same robot. So far, the only thing I have deduced in regards to the Sonokong brand plastic is that they don't hold a paint job well- things are a bit jumpy and all over the map, and if you look carefully, you will see that the initial plastic colors are slightly different from Takara by just hew. All this stuff, however, is reflected in the price, which is why buying from Sonokong is cheaper than buying from Takara.
Honestly, I don't really mind. My Brave Maxixus is from Sonokong, and it is one of my prize pieces.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I see...oh well. As long as it won't break down, I'm fine with it.

Side question: Which dragon do you prefer, tm2 megs\cryotek or galvatron?
TheGhostOfStarscream
Protoform

Post by TheGhostOfStarscream »

the items are TAKARA products.
its just that the packaging is different in korea. just like how usa/uk packaging is different from japanese packaging

there are no differences except for the box and thats it really
LATEST TOY REVIEWED FIGURE IS FORTRESS MAXIMUS. COME CHECK OUT THE TOY REVIEWS AND CLICK THE LINK
http://www.keytovectorsigma.com
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
Side question: Which dragon do you prefer, tm2 megs\cryotek or galvatron?

I've always thought of Cryotek as the prettiest of the dragons.
Originally posted by TheGhostOfStarscream
the items are TAKARA products.
its just that the packaging is different in korea. just like how usa/uk packaging is different from japanese packaging
They're Takara products in the same sense that Energon and Alternators figures are. They're (mostly) designed by Takara, but being distributed by a different company: Hasbro in most of the western world, and Sonokong in Korea.
TheGhostOfStarscream
Protoform

Post by TheGhostOfStarscream »

Sonokong is OWNED and is part of Takara tho

also Kremzeek75 i dont see at all what ur babbling on about on the quality issue. i have the takara and korean version of big convoy and galvatron and i dont see any difference at all in the quality of the plastic

if anything the only difference i see is with hasbros version of big convoy (nemesis prime) which the plastic seems extremely crap when i compare it to my korean and takara version. the plastic on nemesis prime feel rather, bendy i guess is the only word i can think of. it just feels weak when i compare it with the takara version

either way u cant miss out on these guys as there a fantastic purchase and dont worry Knightdramon because ive delt with liqdeal before and hes really relyable (i got my rid jrx rail racer and a few more off him) however do NOT trust the ebay seller a-toy4u because she REALLY let me down TWICE!

i ordered several things off her and paid for them and i never saw the items. i told her this and she accused me of lying! :mad: so i told her i was getting the police involved in the matter and she said she would re-send the items which i had to pay shipping for AGAIN! :rant: and after 3 months the items finally showed up damaged :rant:
LATEST TOY REVIEWED FIGURE IS FORTRESS MAXIMUS. COME CHECK OUT THE TOY REVIEWS AND CLICK THE LINK
http://www.keytovectorsigma.com