[New RPG] A very basic, very tentative plot skeleton

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Warcry

A very basic, very tentative plot skeleton

Post by Warcry »

Here's a very brief outline of the ideas that the staff have been tossing around. All of this is subject to change as new ideas come out, though.

The story begins on Cybertron. The planet is ruled by Zeta Prime, an old war hero whose way of thinking and deeply-held religious beliefs are growing more and more out of touch with mainstream Cybertronian culture all the time (if we have any history buffs in the crowd, think of Hindenburg's presidency in inter-war Germany). Dozens of different groups have started to agitate for change but they've all been so small and ineffectual that they're easy to ignore...until Megatron draws them all together into his Decepticons and war breaks out.

In canon stories the Great War lasts thousands or millions of years before Cybertron is wrecked. Here it would be different, both for gameplay purposes (to get us going to Earth) and for the sake of realism (a species with the level of tech that TFs have fighting an all-out world war could ruin a planet in no time flat). Out of a population of at least millions, the survivors number in the thousands after only a few weeks, we've seen Cybertronian society collapse and the planet can't support life anymore.

Both sides prepare to flee, but before the Autobots in Iacon can evacuate, Megatron launches an all-out attack. He manages to cause massive damage and kills Zeta Prime. Then both sides set off, with Megatron deciding to take his personal ship in pursuit of the Ark so that he can finish off the Autobots once and for all.

When the Autobots arrive on Earth, they need to deal with adapting to a new world and fending off Decepticon attacks with a rookie leader at the helm.

There are a few other wrinkles as well.

Aero Blade suggested that the Decepticons would want to destroy religious shrines or artifacts as a symbolic strike against Prime, and that makes a lot of sense to me.

We've also discussed in quite a bit of depth the prospect of having the Matrix pass to Sentinel Prime (as in the jerk from Animated) for a while after Zeta dies, just to add to the drama.

Another idea, which I really like, is that the Transformers need to travel across the stars at slower-than-light speeds. That allows for a big time gap between them leaving Cybertron and arriving at Earth, creating uncertainty about what's happened to the homeworld in their absence and also whether any other colonies of Cybertronians have successfully established themselves out in the galaxy.

There were other things that we've discussed too, but IMO those ideas deserve separate threads later.

It's the bare bones of an idea, but I think it's a good starting point for a new timeline. Do you guys have any ideas on how we can make it better, while still getting to Earth quickly like most of us seem to want?
verytired

Post by verytired »

So, the Decepticons are anti-Religious would be tyrants, zealously pursuing the destruction and death of their enemies: in this case the Autobots, but soon to be everyone no doubt? I like this idea, as it leaves artefacts like the Matrix as tools in the eyes of most Decepticons, where as they mean something more to the Autobots.

I would love to see Animated Sentinel interacting with other characters especially.

The slower than light travel sounds good to me in theory, but it leaves the idea of contact from other transformers a little hard to introduce. Could we consider more traditional means also, such as a Spacebridge accident, leaving the set up more something along the lines with what we've seen in the start of the Prime cartoon? The Autobots and Decepticons can be equally stranded on Earth due to lack of tech and energy, but leave the door open for others finding them a little more easily?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I like how this is going. Very War for Cybertron-ish.

But... we're importing Sentinel Prime from Animated? Awesome. But my suggestion is to keep imported characters like him (and Gigatron, in terms of current characters) to a minimum, though.

So while the Autobots and Decepticons are stranded on Earth, the rest of the Decepticons remain on Cybertron and presumably rule it, like in the Marvel comics/cartoon?
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I like the War for Cybertron approach with our own twist, but what about charatcers like Pretenders, Targetmasters and Headmasters? Will they be without a partner or shell? Would those be the other colonies you talked about?

I don't know about Animated Sentinel Prime. I would rather see G1 Sentinel Prime get the Matrix, which you can still do but give him the persona of the Animated one.

The slower than lightspeed travel thing is a good idea. I can already see tensions rising abourd each ship. :up:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

I'm liking the hint of War for Cybertron in this outline it sounds really cool. And I like that the Cbybertron would be destroyed very quickly.

I like Aero Blade's suggestion about destroying religious shrines or artifacts it make some sense that this sort of thing would happen.

I am not to fond of the matrix going to sentinal prime thing. But that more because I don't know who sentinal prime is. I am sure it would really add some good drama.

I am not sure how much I like the idea that the transformers travel at slower than light speeds. I really don't think it makes sense that such an advanced race hasn't achieved that light speed travel. Gameplay wise I would be worried that they would become bogged down with nothing to do. How much can you really do on a starship?

Overall though I really like the direction this is going in.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

verytired wrote:So, the Decepticons are anti-Religious would be tyrants, zealously pursuing the destruction and death of their enemies: in this case the Autobots, but soon to be everyone no doubt?
Some of them would be, anyway. I'd imagine that a lot of them joined for their own reasons and their opposition to the Autobots would be the main thing that unifies them.
verytired wrote:The slower than light travel sounds good to me in theory, but it leaves the idea of contact from other transformers a little hard to introduce.
Not necessarily. If other colonies got to their respective worlds hundreds or thousands of years before our cast get to Earth, what's to say that they haven't invented faster-than-light ships in the interim? Or by the same token, what's to say that our characters don't invent a working space bridge or something similar during the course of the game, conveniently just in time for a plot that requires it? :)
Blackjack wrote:But... we're importing Sentinel Prime from Animated? Awesome. But my suggestion is to keep imported characters like him (and Gigatron, in terms of current characters) to a minimum, though.
I don't really see it as importing at all, TBH. If we're setting up the universe from scratch I don't see any reason why non-G1 characters can't be there from the beginning, as long as the characters themselves fit in with the universe we build. But honestly I'm not sure how many people would want to play non-G1 characters anyway, since only a handful of the characters from the shows that followed seem to have much staying power in the fandom's collective mind (Lugnut > you, by the way ;)).

At any rate, I hope that this will be more like "Ultimate Transformers" than just another G1 continuity. Obviously G1 is going to be the starting point, but if non-G1 elements can blend in smoothly with that I'd be all for it. :)
Blackjack wrote:So while the Autobots and Decepticons are stranded on Earth, the rest of the Decepticons remain on Cybertron and presumably rule it, like in the Marvel comics/cartoon?
Actually, I'd thought that Cybertron would be an uninhabitable wasteland immediately after the war, with almost everyone that stays behind dying a slow, horrible death. Then again, depending on how long it takes to get to Earth there's nothing to say that the radiation and such wouldn't have died down to survivable levels.
Springer85 wrote:I like the War for Cybertron approach with our own twist, but what about charatcers like Pretenders, Targetmasters and Headmasters? Will they be without a partner or shell? Would those be the other colonies you talked about?
I don't think we want to limit the characters who can be played to a subset of G1, so I'd expect the Pretenders, Headmasters, etc. would all be on the Ark too (even if they're in stasis 'cause no one is playing them). To start off with I'd figure on them just being regular Transformers, but just like space bridges, combiner tech and so many other things, those technologies would be there to be discovered if/when we think it's time to do so. Of course, there's nothing that says that Hardhead would have to become a Headmaster or that Cloudburst needs to become a Pretender if we discover those technologies, either. Maybe we'll see stuff like Targetmaster Bluestreak, Headmaster Seaspray, Pretender Straxus and Laser Rod Starscream instead. ;)

That said, I think the new toys we've gotten for Bludgeon, Thunderwing and Skullgrin recently have shown that there's a lot of potential for the Pretenders to get interesting redesigns. The same goes for IDW's take on the pre-Pretenders that were following Bludgeon.
Springer85 wrote:I don't know about Animated Sentinel Prime. I would rather see G1 Sentinel Prime get the Matrix, which you can still do but give him the persona of the Animated one.
I don't think it matters much what Sentinel Prime looks like, since even the strictly G1 version has about five distinct appearances. Everyone who reads the name will probably see him differently anyway. ;)

His 'official' look would be up to whoever plays him though. Of course, you could always volunteer...

[EDIT]
miked23 wrote:I am not sure how much I like the idea that the transformers travel at slower than light speeds. I really don't think it makes sense that such an advanced race hasn't achieved that light speed travel. Gameplay wise I would be worried that they would become bogged down with nothing to do. How much can you really do on a starship?
Probably sleep in stasis for the whole length of the trip. To be honest I don't see much else we could do either, so from a gameplay perspective it probably wouldn't be much different than an FTL jump except with different kinds of background drama.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warcry wrote:At any rate, I hope that this will be more like "Ultimate Transformers" than just another G1 continuity. Obviously G1 is going to be the starting point, but if non-G1 elements can blend in smoothly with that I'd be all for it
Does that mean that original characters like Bulkhead can be introduced too? I really like that actually :)
Warcry wrote:I don't think we want to limit the characters who can be played to a subset of G1, so I'd expect the Pretenders, Headmasters, etc. would all be on the Ark too (even if they're in stasis 'cause no one is playing them). To start off with I'd figure on them just being regular Transformers, but just like space bridges, combiner tech and so many other things, those technologies would be there to be discovered if/when we think it's time to do so. Of course, there's nothing that says that Hardhead would have to become a Headmaster or that Cloudburst needs to become a Pretender if we discover those technologies, either. Maybe we'll see stuff like Targetmaster Bluestreak, Headmaster Seaspray, Pretender Straxus and Laser Rod Starscream instead.

That said, I think the new toys we've gotten for Bludgeon, Thunderwing and Skullgrin recently have shown that there's a lot of potential for the Pretenders to get interesting redesigns. The same goes for IDW's take on the pre-Pretenders that were following Bludgeon.
Oh! So it really is a blank slate that we are starting with and everything still needs to be discovered regarding those particular technologies? That's quite awesome! :D (Goes searching for a cool altmode for Landmine :swirly:)
Warcry wrote:I don't think it matters much what Sentinel Prime looks like, since even the strictly G1 version has about five distinct appearances. Everyone who reads the name will probably see him differently anyway. ]

Me playing a Prime? No thanks. Since I can't call dibs, (:p) I'm going to see if I can get Ultra Magnus. He's hard enough to play already. I'm really excited about this new approach. Looking forward to it! :up:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Springer85 wrote:Does that mean that original characters like Bulkhead can be introduced too? I really like that actually :)
The character from Animated/Prime, you mean? Well, I'm strongly considering playing Lugnut, so... ;)
Springer85 wrote:Oh! So it really is a blank slate that we are starting with and everything still needs to be discovered regarding those particular technologies? That's quite awesome! :D (Goes searching for a cool altmode for Landmine :swirly:)
That's what I'd like to do anyway, and I'm hoping it sounds like fun to all of you. :)

It would make sense to me that everyone would adopt an Earth mode at least for a little while for camouflage, although if/when the 'hiding' thing stops working I imagine we'd see some people going back to the original modes that they're comfortable with.
Springer85 wrote:Me playing a Prime? No thanks. Since I can't call dibs, (:p) I'm going to see if I can get Ultra Magnus. He's hard enough to play already. I'm really excited about this new approach. Looking forward to it! :up:
It'd be nice to see Magnus in the game, IMO. But we'll have to figure out the "how many characters" question before we can start doing any official character claims.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warcry wrote:The character from Animated/Prime, you mean? Well, I'm strongly considering playing Lugnut, so... ;)
Great :D It'll also give me a chance to introduce Volks to the RPG as I had yet to come up with a way to introduce him. :up:
That's what I'd like to do anyway, and I'm hoping it sounds like fun to all of you. :)

It would make sense to me that everyone would adopt an Earth mode at least for a little while for camouflage, although if/when the 'hiding' thing stops working I imagine we'd see some people going back to the original modes that they're comfortable with.
Does the same go for Triplechanger Technology? Would be fine by me, because that creates story oppertunities too. Somebody developing it, the other faction steals the schematics and stuff :D (Starts dreaming up more stuff :p)
It'd be nice to see Magnus in the game, IMO. But we'll have to figure out the "how many characters" question before we can start doing any official character claims.
Already have a basic plan for the guy in my head that I need to write down, before I forget. However, I'll wait untill I find out what's decided before making full plans though :)
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:I don't really see it as importing at all, TBH. If we're setting up the universe from scratch I don't see any reason why non-G1 characters can't be there from the beginning, as long as the characters themselves fit in with the universe we build. But honestly I'm not sure how many people would want to play non-G1 characters anyway, since only a handful of the characters from the shows that followed seem to have much staying power in the fandom's collective mind.
True, but it would be a bit of a pain if new players randomly picked a bunch of really obscure guys from other continuities, like, say, Bantor and X-Gunner and Blastcharge and Brushguard or some random Armada guy... so obviously there would need to be limits. Just throwing ideas around here...

Still, this opens a whole new string of options that makes the fanboy in me giggle maniacally. I've got a few non-G1 guys that I might be interested in playing, but I'll wait until character rules are finalized before popping up claiming ideas.
(Lugnut > you, by the way ?)
This bit, we agree on. Lugnut is kickass.
At any rate, I hope that this will be more like "Ultimate Transformers" than just another G1 continuity. Obviously G1 is going to be the starting point, but if non-G1 elements can blend in smoothly with that I'd be all for it
Hope so, too. :)
I don't think it matters much what Sentinel Prime looks like, since even the strictly G1 version has about five distinct appearances. Everyone who reads the name will probably see him differently anyway. ?

His 'official' look would be up to whoever plays him though. Of course, you could always volunteer...
If this is the Animated jerk we're talking about and not the nobody from G1, I volunteer.

Are there five? IIRC I can only remember three, four if you count WFC Zeta Prime.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Springer85 wrote:Great :D It'll also give me a chance to introduce Volks to the RPG as I had yet to come up with a way to introduce him. :up:
Volks = :up:
Springer85 wrote:Does the same go for Triplechanger Technology? Would be fine by me, because that creates story oppertunities too. Somebody developing it, the other faction steals the schematics and stuff :D (Starts dreaming up more stuff :p)
Hadn't really thought about triplechangers myself, but if you guys figure it's a good idea then sure, why not? :)
Blackjack wrote:True, but it would be a bit of a pain if new players randomly picked a bunch of really obscure guys from other continuities, like, say, Bantor and X-Gunner and Blastcharge and Brushguard or some random Armada guy... so obviously there would need to be limits. Just throwing ideas around here...
Wait, that would be a bad thing? It sounds like fun to me. Hell, Brushguard would probably be one of the most useful Decepticons around once they get to Earth, since he's a xenobotanist.

Now, if it was Brave Maximus, Tidal Wave, Cryotek and Tigerhawk...yeah, then we'd probably have a bit of a problem on our hands.

We'd definitely need to monitor things to make sure that the characters that are being brought in fit with our story, and having multiple incarnations of the same guy running around should IMO be a no-no. But if someone can pluck, oh, I dunno...Evac or Wreckloose and make it seem like they belong, IMO that would be great. Of course, the key is that they'd actually have to be able to do that, so we probably want to take a very close look at anything that seems really out there or bizarre.
Blackjack wrote:If this is the Animated jerk we're talking about and not the nobody from G1, I volunteer.
Fine by me.
Blackjack wrote:Are there five? IIRC I can only remember three, four if you count WFC Zeta Prime.
I actually just pulled that number out of thin air but after doing some checking it seems like I might have accidentally been accurate. There's the version from Marvel, one from the cartoon (all the ancient Autobot leaders have apparently been retconned into being guys like Sentinel, Zeta, etc...), one from Dreamwave (all we see is his arm, but the description in the books apparently make him distinct from all the others) and one from IDW.

Then there's this guy, a version of the Animated character in the G1 cartoon universe...in spite of the fact that the above retcon means they already have a Sentinel Prime who's long-dead. Oi.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:Now, if it was Brave Maximus, Tidal Wave, Cryotek and Tigerhawk...yeah, then we'd probably have a bit of a problem on our hands.
That bit was what I was aiming about.

And please please please don't let multiple Megatrons run around. The older RPG had at least three Megatrons prior to the Quintesson war, and I hadn't even read halfway through the history. It's irritating and confusing.
We'd definitely need to monitor things to make sure that the characters that are being brought in fit with our story, and having multiple incarnations of the same guy running around should IMO be a no-no. But if someone can pluck, oh, I dunno...Evac or Wreckloose and make it seem like they belong, IMO that would be great. Of course, the key is that they'd actually have to be able to do that, so we probably want to take a very close look at anything that seems really out there or bizarre.
Wreckloose is the komodo, right?

Hmm... what about Beast Wars/Machines characters? Would they be feasible in the reboot? I'm not talking about Optimus Primal or Megatron or anything, just someone with vehicle modes, like, say, Obsidian or Stryka would fit in well in the RPG as disillusioned war veterans.
Fine by me.
Wheeeee. That's one down. :)
I actually just pulled that number out of thin air but after doing some checking it seems like I might have accidentally been accurate. There's the version from Marvel, one from the cartoon (all the ancient Autobot leaders have apparently been retconned into being guys like Sentinel, Zeta, etc...), one from Dreamwave (all we see is his arm, but the description in the books apparently make him distinct from all the others) and one from IDW.

Then there's this guy, a version of the Animated character in the G1 cartoon universe...in spite of the fact that the above retcon means they already have a Sentinel Prime who's long-dead. Oi.
Wings of Honor is supposed to be an all-new G1 continuity where Scourges look like Sidewayses, IIRC... but it's nice to see that Animated Sentinel is that popular.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Wow, this thread didn't take long to fill out at all
verytired wrote:So, the Decepticons are anti-Religious would be tyrants, zealously pursuing the destruction and death of their enemies
As Warcry said, some would be like that, but the angle I'm looking at has more to do with it being an expression of Megatron's power. The religious relics and monuments are a representation of the old powers, while he is the new power coming to be. What better way would there be for him to express his domination and changes for the future of Cybertron than to wipe out the old ties to the past order.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack wrote:And please please please don't let multiple Megatrons run around. The older RPG had at least three Megatrons prior to the Quintesson war, and I hadn't even read halfway through the history. It's irritating and confusing.
I really don't want to see that either. I'd love to see elements of the non-G1 versions of a character integrated in places (I plan to do that for both Megatron and Soundwave, although not so much for the other characters I'm thinking about playing) but there really shouldn't be five Prowls or Starscreams or Jetfires running around. That's just confusing, and IMO kinda amateurish.
Blackjack wrote:Wreckloose is the komodo, right?
Um...honestly, no clue. I just remember the name because it's cool.
Blackjack wrote:Hmm... what about Beast Wars/Machines characters? Would they be feasible in the reboot? I'm not talking about Optimus Primal or Megatron or anything, just someone with vehicle modes, like, say, Obsidian or Stryka would fit in well in the RPG as disillusioned war veterans.
Don't see what it would hurt. Like I say, the main criteria for me would be whether or not they make sense in the context of the game. Even the beast-mode guys could theoretically fit in...maybe Tarantulas and Black Arachnia are Insecticons, or Rhinox could share a body-type with Headstrong. Maybe Tigatron turns into a USB flash drive like the Device Label toy...there's a million different possibilities but it all hinges on what makes sense for the game.
Blackjack wrote:Wings of Honor is supposed to be an all-new G1 continuity where Scourges look like Sidewayses, IIRC...
And yet it includes Dion and treats stuff like War Dawn as canon. Good old, confusing fanclub comics...
Aero Blade wrote:As Warcry said, some would be like that, but the angle I'm looking at has more to do with it being an expression of Megatron's power. The religious relics and monuments are a representation of the old powers, while he is the new power coming to be. What better way would there be for him to express his domination and changes for the future of Cybertron than to wipe out the old ties to the past order.
This is poetic. :up:

Megatron's always been rather fascist, so it makes perfect sense that he'd want to get rid of anything that would prevent his subjects from being fully, completely devoted to the Decepticon cause. Even things that he's otherwise indifferent toward.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote: Megatron's always been rather fascist

Takes one to know one!

As for this thread? Sort of want?
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I like all the ideas Warcry has more or less, many of them I think we've talked about actually. I would just like to say this as my input to how the new RPG should flow.

The Staff needs to have a rich game world where players can feel as though every action they make does have an actual effect in this world, and not disregard them for the sake of plot advancement. A great GM (Staff) would be one who is able to quickly adapt on the fly to let player's characters actually have cause and effect, and rather than overriding them..go with them and work your story around it. Like a real RPG, and not a community based fan fiction.

GM's (staff) are in effect the "gods" of the game world, but just like real life, even God can't stop free will, but he would have to adjust to the changes made by the characters. In a creative way that can help the story arcs flow, even if they don't go as originally scripted, let the players feel in control just enough to have fun with it, but keep it moving to a definite arc or goal.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:I really don't want to see that either. I'd love to see elements of the non-G1 versions of a character integrated in places (I plan to do that for both Megatron and Soundwave, although not so much for the other characters I'm thinking about playing) but there really shouldn't be five Prowls or Starscreams or Jetfires running around. That's just confusing, and IMO kinda amateurish.
Ditto. I mean, I love both the G1 and Movie incarnations for Ironhide and Jetfire and Bumblebee and Starscream, but having both at the same time would be kind of stupid. Incorporating stuff from other continuities, like, say, Ironhide having Animated Ironhide's steel body powers, would make sense, though.
Don't see what it would hurt. Like I say, the main criteria for me would be whether or not they make sense in the context of the game. Even the beast-mode guys could theoretically fit in...maybe Tarantulas and Black Arachnia are Insecticons, or Rhinox could share a body-type with Headstrong. Maybe Tigatron turns into a USB flash drive like the Device Label toy...there's a million different possibilities but it all hinges on what makes sense for the game.
Let's make an Insecticon faction with all the insect-mode Predacons out there!

Ooh, can we have the Beast Wars Predacon? Waspinator and Quickstrike and Inferno? Let's think of a way to introduce them.
And yet it includes Dion and treats stuff like War Dawn as canon. Good old, confusing fanclub comics...
Alternate reality. If Classics took place in the comics continuity-minus-G2-and-UK-stuff, Wings of Honor takes place in the cartoon-minus-several-stuff.

And to think that Shattered Glass was actually awesome...
Megatron's always been rather fascist, so it makes perfect sense that he'd want to get rid of anything that would prevent his subjects from being fully, completely devoted to the Decepticon cause. Even things that he's otherwise indifferent toward.
Which gets me thinking... do we want to include metaphysical stuff like Primus and Unicron and the Fallen and Vector Prime into the mix? Just throwing out ideas here...

Because playing a batshit crazy guy on flame would be awesome. Pity that if we do have Fallen only the staff would be able to play him... Ah well, can't have everything.

Can Sixshot be a doomsday weapon in the new RPG? -hopeful, slightly unhinged look-
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Dibs on Zeta Prime until he goes down... Aww, c'mon, I do comparative mythology stuff and I'm sure I can formulate enough from that and 'known' Cybertronian religion to make him a real zealot... We could establish both Primus and Unicron for any future use. Let's do time-limited Preface threads to set it all up!

We will have to stick to some guidelines to prevent all and sundry attempting to bring in characters from all those existing G1 alternatives :nonono:

Those slower-than-light ships: yes, I'm sure they would be sleeper ships with mechs in controlled stasis, but I would assume some would be active to monitor/repair the vessels/stasis pods (and ailing mechs), which would mean engineers and medics plus a commander and a few guards. It would follow that any small active crew would get to thinking - on both sides - and would account for any problems with loyalties (I'm thinking Thundercracker, for example). Hm, actually, I confess that I've been working on this kind of premise for the swansong of a story character what optimusskid's wots of. We would not need to show the grinding ages, just write it up at the end of the Preface so people are aware of the potential outcome on some characters.

Cybertron a radioactive wasteland? Yes, I like, but I'm also aware that these are intellegent, adaptive machine and anyone left behind, by choice or otherwise, might be able to survive in some way, possibly beneath the surface. Would be nice and twisted to have Megatron leave Shockwave behind to control the planet for him, which would have repercussions later when ol' Shockers finds the secret of the Spacebridge just at the point the plot device is needed :)

Heh, I'm gonna get slapped...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

All the Transformers left on Cybertron become Pretenders, perhaps? A viable excuse...

Agree with Clogs on the Preface thing. We do it for, oh, three months or so (or as long as it takes, doesn't really matter) to wrap up the Zeta and Sentinel plot threads, and then skip forwards to Earth.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warcry wrote:Don't see what it would hurt. Like I say, the main criteria for me would be whether or not they make sense in the context of the game. Even the beast-mode guys could theoretically fit in...maybe Tarantulas and Black Arachnia are Insecticons, or Rhinox could share a body-type with Headstrong. Maybe Tigatron turns into a USB flash drive like the Device Label toy...there's a million different possibilities but it all hinges on what makes sense for the game.
Personally, I think that we should only allow characters from another continuity that have an original name. Characters like Rhinox, Rattrap, Cheetor are fine, but when you get to a name like Inferno, which one do we pick? Do we go with the G1 one, or the BW one? And what if we go for the BW one, but people want to play the G1 version?
Clogs wrote:Dibs on Zeta Prime until he goes down
So we get to call dibs on characters now? :p If so I formulated my list of 5 characters already :D
Might be handy to start a tread like that. It could help with formulating the first plot and such?

Also, I think it would be a good idea to introduce the concept of Transformers being possibly created by the Quintessons too. That way you can have religious mechs and non-religious mechs.
Aspiring DJ!