[New RPG] Body Designs

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Blackjack

Body Designs

Post by Blackjack »

'Cause it's only a matter of time before one of these threads pop out. Yeah, the other thread discusses alternate modes, but what about the robot modes? I mean, a guy like Gunrunner don't have much of a choice, poor sod, but someone like Kup or Springer or the Seekers have quite a lot of choices on how they look like.

-Grimlock: War Within body while on Cybertron. Alternators body while on Earth.
-Gunrunner: Original toy while on Cybertron. Original body with the Panavia Tornado parts on Earth. His ATV is something similar to the G1 Groundshaker playset on Cybertron, and identical to his toy while on Earth.
-Sentinel Prime: Animated robot mode that transforms into his IDW alt mode. Assume it works, okay?
-Warpath: IDW design (Spotlight Galvatron et al) while on Cybertron (don't really like his WFC design). His original toy while on Earth.
-Obsidian: His cartoon character model all the way.
-Scorponok: While on Cybertron, his robot mode looks like his G1 self only with construction kibble. He transforms into the same layout as the Energon design, but I hate Energon Scorponok's robot mode so he doesn't look like that. On Earth, ditto until he scans a scorpion.
-Sixshot: Original toy.
-Skywarp: War Within on Cybertron, IDW F22 Seeker on Earth.
-Prowl: War Within on Cybertron, IDW Nissan on Earth. Hate the Universe toy.
-The Fallen: he walks around with his ROTF body, but in reality his body is his G1 one and he can alternate between the two with his powers.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: War Within design on Cybertron, BotCon '05 design on Earth

Orion/Optimus Prime: WfC design on Cybertron, Classics "Ultimate Battle" 2-pack design on Earth

Hot Rod: Spotlight: Hot Rod design on Cybertron, Classics design on Earth

Roadbuster: WW design on Cybertron, G1 toy design on Earth

Tracks: WW design on Cybertron, G1 toy design on Earth

Nightbeat: WW design on Cybertron, G1 animation model design on Earth

Straxus: Marvel G1 comic design on Cybertron, Generations toy design on Earth

Bludgeon: WW design on Cybertron, ROTF voyager class toy design on Earth
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Omega Supreme: His robot mode will resemble his original cartoon model in basic layout, but the details will be different, as will his transformation scheme. I plan for his alt-mode to be less...schizophrenic than the original, so he'll turn into a starship with a 'landing' configuration rather than split into rocket and base modules.

Red Alert: I don't know that Red ever actually got a Cybertronian mode, but I figure he'll be a slightly tweaked version of IDW's pre-Earth Sideswipe in Red's colours. On Earth he'll be his Generations toy, augmented with his G1 rifle.

Smokescreen: The same goes for Smokescreen...not sure that he's ever gotten a detailed pre-Earth mode, but his mold-mates certainly have. He'll be War Within Prowl in Smokey's colours, and on Earth he'll be his Universe toy. I considered using other, more attractive colour schemes like Alternators or Henkei, but the obnoxiously cheerful Universe deco matches well with his personality.

Jetfire: Classics all the way. When they arrive on Earth he'll be tweaked slightly to look like an F-14, but all that means is streamlining his nosecone a tad. He won't have any of his weapons or his booster rockets to start with, though.

Lugnut: On Earth, he's going to use his Reveal the Shield toy design. On Cybertron, a similarly laid-out aerial mode.

Megatron: On Cybertron, he will use his War For Cybertron design. Once he gets to Earth, he'll adopt his Animated design, albeit much-less stylized than he appeared in the Animated cartoon/toys.

Predacon: Predacon's a tough one. He'll adopt a vehicular mode for now, but one that transforms very similarly to his toy design so that if he ever gets around to reformatting he won't look very different.

Soundwave: Soundwave will use his ROTF toy design, both on Cybertron and once they get to Earth. At some point he'll probably land and adopt an Earth mode, but I'm not sure what just yet.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sunstreaker: Universe robot mode, cybertronian armored scout vehicle, used for speed.

Sideswipe: Same as.

Blaster: Same alt mode as Soundwave, IDW body design.

Brawn: War Within Body Design and Alt-Mode

Blitzwing: G1 body design and WWI altmodes.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Red Alert did appear in War Within, complete with alternate mode. He's in the scene before Optimus gets forced underground.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Deathsaurus: A sleeked, iPod-style version of his Victory self on Cybertron, and on Earth, his Victory form with Planeocoptor kibble.

Sunstorm: War Within and IDW

Rad: Original body on Cybertron, gains motorcycle kibble on Earth

Hardtop: Very nondescript, then original body

Sky-Byte: Sleek. Very very sleek. Then his Wings of Honor body.

Astrotrain: Similarly iPod style, on Earth reformats to his Classics body.

Blaze and Gobots: War Within style Cybertronian cars. Blaze fairly sleek, and Gobots pretty boxy.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Alpha Trion - Pretty much in my signature - except his beard is wires, not a solid block. (Earth alt mod is in the alt modes thread)

Ginrai - currently running a frame similar to 10th Anny/Cybertron Optimus Primal.
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

Quickstep: wheeled weapons platform composed of four segmented sections on Cybertron. Centipede on earth

Dai Atlas: IDW design, alt mode similar to Cybertron Starscream. Not sure about his earth alt mode though.