Furman-penned Mosaic story now online

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Halfshell

Furman-penned Mosaic story now online

Post by Halfshell »

And it's in IDW "G1" continuity.

Warning: Here be Devastation spoilers:*
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... c-a-go-go/

* - Wellllll... nothing you can't guess from having read Escalation and having a sense of initiative...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Yeah, those are some serious spoilers. Some that we've all come to expect.
SPOILER! (select to read)
This pretty much confirms what we already knew would happen, presumably in Devastation #6. Hunter/Sunstreaker have a face off with Scorponok. I can't imagine too many places where this would take place other than the Machination's HQ. So, yeah, Scorpy is the head. Though I suppose there's still a chance that this could prove false. Doesn't look that way, in my opinion.

This also confirms that Hunter/Sunstreaker will remain on Earth for a little while longer, where he will apparently join up with the Dinobots. Was kind of expecting that, but should hopefully be entertaining to read.

I guess the real Sunstreaker doesn't make it then. That's too bad.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Holy ****, Scorponok!!!!!!!!!!!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Neat.

I'd say more, but I've never been good with spoiler tags........
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
glazios

Post by glazios »

Erm... :eyebrow:
Would it be safe to say that... needed a bit more work? I mean, I know it's a Mosaic and stuff, so it's supposed to be that short, but... Anyone get what I mean when I say that felt kinda... empty?
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

I suspect Furman wrote it as a kind of nod to the complaints about the overall story's slower pace. It's not really supposed to be extremely insightful (except maybe in what we learn about Hunter's family)--it's more a "hang in there" teaser for what's to come.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmm. He hasn't really adapted to a "six issues then significant gap" publishing schedule, has he? The Earth arcs would be fab as a month-after-month.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Certainly a straightforward numbering system would make the chronological order easier to follow for Johny Come latey's. I'm just surprised they've published something seemingly set after the next arc
Mentions of dimensional travel
, I guess they really don't care about spoilers...
AskShockwave
Protoform

Post by AskShockwave »

Ooof. Some nice additional layers for the Onion. Mind you, did there really have to be quite so many spoilers on one page? In one dialouge box?
"There's money in the Banana Stand"
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

A little subtlety would have been good.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Y'know, the name O'Nion is still the single worst atrocity committed in print.
AskShockwave
Protoform

Post by AskShockwave »

Aardvark wrote:Y'know, the name O'Nion is still the single worst atrocity committed in print.
Does it actually exist as nameable name? Still, it's nicely balanced by the Jimmy Pink monicker, which still makes me smile.
"There's money in the Banana Stand"
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

AskShockwave wrote:Does it actually exist as nameable name? Still, it's nicely balanced by the Jimmy Pink monicker, which still makes me smile.
Well, a quick look through Google shows that it's a real last name for some people. I don't know what to make of "Jimmy Pink", but I think the "O'nion" choice must have just been to show us what an bona-fide aggrieved nerd Hunter is, since he was made fun of in school and all.