If only I could get some more G1s...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
KillTheKids
Protoform

If only I could get some more G1s...

Post by KillTheKids »

Unfortunately for me, I am not allowed to by from ebay. However, I just love the older toys I got. Scattershot is just such an awesome figure, despite a lackluster robot mode. And back then, the toys were just so much more...inspired. The designers were just so more creative, which I've noticed with MOTU as well. I am going to check out my local flea market, but I doubt I'll find anything. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be seeing any G1s for a long time. Unless you count Remakes, of course. I am hoping to get a brave max with any birthday money I might get, and I am already saving up for a Soundwave.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I can't buy from ebay too. I lost about half of my g1 collection when we moved. I now have to get g1 toys from my cousins( which rarely happens), tru reissues and local comic book stores that overprice them.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I try my hardest to stay AWAY from eBay. Ten minutes there in you'll be in the hole $100 bucks. It's easy to get carried away at eBay.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I go on e-bay but I make sure that I stay within budget and not go overboard. Once I get all of the G1 Tfs I want, then I'll stop going there since all I would care to get are the Binaltech Alternators and I'll get them as they come out.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Seeing as the .au ebay doesn't have a lot of TF stuff, it's easier to resist... but having said that, there are moments of weakness, especially when I see some non-tf person auctioning off a "helicoptor pad thing" (metroplex) & setting a low price.. then I proceed to kick my own ass for forgetting to bid on it :/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by KillTheKids
The designers were just so more creative, which I've noticed with MOTU as well.
Can't say I agree with you there... you have Mattel's original "cheap identikit pieces" approach versus the new Four Horsemen sculpts. I know which I'm giving shelf space to...
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

What I mean is more creative with concepts. Now we have 'Samurai' and 'Sound effect' figures. Back then there were freaking squirt gun elephants. Now thats fun.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

TF lines back then were very gimmick-exclusive... they picked a gimmick or two for a year's toyline, and it either sold well or didn't. Hence we had the Pretenders (largely a failure), the MicroMasters (which didn't do too badly, but lost older fans) and ActionMasters (a love or hate proposition)...

Whereas now, figures have lots of gimmicks within the same line and within the same figure even: miniature partners (vehicles and accessories on offer), beasts and vehicles, lights and sounds, combining, motorised parts.

It feels less distinctive, but there's more play value on offer. And that's what really drives sales, not releasing five or six combiner teams as most of your year's output. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on whether you like 'em.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

KTK - What if your parents allowed you to have a paypal account with a set amount of money in it and you could only pay using that? That way, they'd be able to approve just how much of your money you can sink into ebay at any time. Seems to be a reasonable compromise to me if it's an issue of they don't want you wasting too much cash.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

The issue isn't wasting cash as much as it is fear of being ripped off.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Ah, well, it is still possible to be ripped off, but as long as you're not buying something really expensive from one person and pay for insurance, you should be fine.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Still, I've tried explaining insurance and stuff, but my mom just isn't buying the whole deal. Just like she couldn't be convinced that I could trade in games for credit, which would explain the stack of PS2 games I have, despite having a PS2...
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

well some people on the board have thigns for sale or u could just go and do it anyway my parents tell me not to buy anymore because i have no more room and then i get a buncha packages in the mail they cant really do much but tell me to slow down and buy more shelves
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Start small. I mail-ordered lots of stuff using postal orders and cheques I paid my parents for before bothering to open a regular bank account shortly before university.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Denyer
new Four Horsemen sculpts.

Ooh, I like the sound of that. Do you have any pics of these four horsemen?
Originally posted by KillTheKids
freaking squirt gun elephants.

Hey, don't knock Snout Spout. ;)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Ooh, I like the sound of that. Do you have any pics of these four horsemen?
Erm, are you being sarcastic?

http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Oh, I thought they were making a new set of four figures, named the four horsemen. My bad.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

hey man i agree some times i go alittle apechit when i see stuff on ebay... but i stay within a budget of things..thats to bad though...lol
One shall stand, One shall fall...