My 2 cents on energon & alternators.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ulticron
Protoform

My 2 cents on energon & alternators.

Post by Ulticron »

I know there's tons of threads rolling around on Energon, and the alternators, but i just wanted to put in my two cents on them here.

I really didn't care for the energon toys from seeing them on the web, but when i saw them dec 23rd at the walmart where my brother lives i got kind of interested.

On the plus side of things, they're not as poorly designed as the Armada toys, oh yeah they're still blocky, but at least they have a little more detail to them. One thing i'm particularly happy about is a return of the basic size figures. As far as size goes there's not much difference between them and the "deluxe" figures and you get a good quality figure for a lesser price.

While Ironhide and Inferno look like playskool rejects in vehicle mode they do have nice robot modes, Optimus falls into the same group. Since i'm a robot mode kinda guy this works perfect for me. Unicron will be the only real dissapointment. I haven't bothered to get him yet, but i will, more for collectability than anything else. I do think the energon saber is a vast improvement over the star saber, it actually looks more swordlike.
All in all the only real problem i have is there's to many Autobots and not enough decepticons.

Now on to alternators. Smokescreen is just plain awesome. How can i not love a TF that looks like my car, minus the ads and spoiler on the back. That's right i own a blue subaru impreza, so naturally i'm in love w/the guy. The detailing is awesome in both robot and vehicle mode, the only real problem there is it took me an hour to get him into robot mode.

I don't think i'll watch energon though, i honestly think it'll spoil the goodness of the toys, especially if it's going to be another Armada wannabe.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Yeah, I am being picky about Armada too, but I love the Alt./ BT line.

Anyone else notice that E Hotshot is a Toyota MR2? I did not make the correlation until I saw a die cast model of the MR2 and thought how much Hotshot looked like it.