I swear I got the worst parents.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
AbyssKiller
Protoform

I swear I got the worst parents.

Post by AbyssKiller »

My mother get pissed off just because I buy Transformers toy with my own money, because that money could be used for better thing. It my money and I don't see why I can use it for myself. She hate when I go to shops to see if they got a new Transformers for my brother.

And now she wants to remove the internet connection because I go check some Transformers gallery to see how they look like. And that I am ''ruining'' our family. That just one thing, they have done much worst thing before like sending my brother to a prison just because he didn't go to high school or kicking two of our friend (females) out of our house, 1 was pregnant and the other had something tragic happened. But that just a beginning of what they did to us.
Nitpickimus Maximus

Re: I swear I got the worst parents.

Post by Nitpickimus Maximus »

Originally posted by AbyssKiller
My mother gets pissed off just because I buy a Transformers toy with my own money, because that money could be used for better things . It is my money and I don't see why I can't use it for myself. She hates it when I go to shops to see if they got have a new Transformer for my brother.

And now she wants to remove the internet connection because I go check some Transformers gallery to see how what they look like. And that I am ''ruining'' our family. That's just one thing, they have done much worst worse things before like sending my brother to a prison just because he didn't go to high school or kicking two of our friends (females) out of our house. 1 was pregnant and the other had something tragic happened. But that is just the beginning of what they did to us.

For your edification. You have been nitpicked.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Give it a few years. Trust me, you'll thank your parents. It may not seem like it now, but they have your best interest in mind. A parent's job is to parent, and a child's job is to whine about the parent's job. You'll appreciate it more as you obtain a longer-term perspective.
verytired

Re: Re: I swear I got the worst parents.

Post by verytired »

Originally posted by Nitpickimus Maximus

When did this guy get "eaten by a grue"?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I could probably guess who banned the alt ID from the title, even if I hadn't just looked...
Trust me, you'll thank your parents.
For overreactions? Never. I thank mine for having on the whole been very down-to-earth and reasonable.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Down-to-earth and reasonable in the eyes of a teen is quite different from down-to-earth and reasonable in the eyes of an adult. I sometimes hated the stuff my parents did, but in retrospect, I really do honestly thank them for not letting me foul up my life despite my best efforts to do so.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

My mum bought me Ko Gobots in the Eighties theres a place in ahome with her name on it!!BI-ATCH
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
dotCommunism
Protoform

Re: I swear I got the worst parents.

Post by dotCommunism »

Originally posted by AbyssKiller
That just one thing, they have done much worst thing before like sending my brother to a prison just because he didn't go to high school
I'm honestly not sure how that would work
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

My parents beat me.

My transformers collection was given to goodwill out of spite over a weekend I was at my grandmother's.

I caught my step-mother cheating on my dad at her work.

Actually, I got more, but the point is, if THIS is as bad as it gets with your parents... You lose.
TSFC
Protoform

Post by TSFC »

Originally posted by Notabot
Down-to-earth and reasonable in the eyes of a teen is quite different from down-to-earth and reasonable in the eyes of an adult. I sometimes hated the stuff my parents did, but in retrospect, I really do honestly thank them for not letting me foul up my life despite my best efforts to do so.

Problem is, TFs aren't ruining his life or changing it drastically. They sound like they've got their heads up their asses and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've known parents like his. Then they have the nerve to wonder why their children grow up angry, bitter and sometimes violent. My parents were strict, but not overly so. I had the freedom to make some of my own decisions, and they have no problem with my collecting. He deserves better than this. What's next? Can't love someone because that person doesn't fit their overall plan? Screw that.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
My parents beat me.

My transformers collection was given to goodwill out of spite over a weekend I was at my grandmother's.

I caught my step-mother cheating on my dad at her work.

Actually, I got more, but the point is, if THIS is as bad as it gets with your parents... You lose.

Do you watch House?
sid burn
Protoform

Re: Re: I swear I got the worst parents.

Post by sid burn »

Originally posted by Nitpickimus Maximus

Nitpickimus, you are the man. This kid doesn't need compassion, he needs an english tutor.

Abysskiller's parents want him and his brother to attend high school and not hang out with pregnant teens? Those crazy bastards!

I wonder what the Nitpickimus Maximus alt mode would be?
AbyssKiller
Protoform

Post by AbyssKiller »

English is not my first language and why I have a grudge for my parents is that the girl who was with the pregnant friend died the same time night that my parents kicked them and we couldn't accompany them since they keep us in to yell at us. And before my brother was send to prison, my father (restaurant chief) beated my half-brother just because he didn't want to eat what he prepared. My father been in a hospital almost a month and I only visited him once and never came back to see him.
sid burn
Protoform

Post by sid burn »

I am sure that all happened and was very traumatic, but I dont come to TFarchive for drama. I come for transformers. I think you picked the wrong site to vent about your family.

You have your work cut out for you Nitpickimus Maximus.
AbyssKiller
Protoform

Post by AbyssKiller »

Yeah, I guess you are right... sorry...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by sid burn
I think you picked the wrong site to vent about your family.
Nah. If all he wants to do is rant, just go to General Discussion....or the 2007 Movie forum. ;)
Nitpickimus, you are the man.
Yeah, being a troll is such an admirable quality, a quality that all posters should aspire towards. Yay! ;)

At any rate....what are we discussing here anyway?....Ah, screw it. My grandmother, who was also my main TF provider as a child, is a collector of nostalgia and what not, thus made certain that most of my childhood things weren't discarded.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by zigzagger
General Discussion

A booting in that direction is probably going to happen whenever a Phil Daniels gets here.

Sid Burn, bear in mind this place isn't here entirely for you. The topic title makes it clear this isn't going to be a discussion on the relative merits of Takara and Hasbro reissues or somesuch, you entered and read of your own volition.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Ackula
Do you watch House?

No, but I've often been told that I should... I'm not sure how to take that, mind you. :P
AbyssKiller
Protoform

Post by AbyssKiller »

Sorry, forgot there was a General Discussion board. But I had this section in mind because I got yelled again for buying toys again. But I went off-topic with the others stuff of my parents...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by sid burn
I am sure that all happened and was very traumatic, but I dont come to TFarchive for drama. I come for transformers.
Then hit the 'back' button in your browser and stay out of the thread.

Backseat moderation's not particularly discouraged here, we just expect people to exercise more common sense.
I sometimes hated the stuff my parents did, but in retrospect, I really do honestly thank them for not letting me foul up my life despite my best efforts to do so.
Yeah, and that's sweet/commendable/etc. Some people have reasonable parents -- I certainly have...
It may not seem like it now, but they have your best interest in mind.
...but ^this isn't always the case. It'd be nice if it were -- for one thing, a childhood friend of mine wouldn't have been stabbed and strangled by her dad. Having offspring doesn't make someone a good parent, and some people are nowhere near as lucky as we've been.