Armada Toys in UK - sooner, rather than later

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Halfshell

Armada Toys in UK - sooner, rather than later

Post by Halfshell »

Eh.

I was perusing the brand new edition of "Toys and Playthings" (industry advertising mag... one of the benefits of working for a toy firm...), and stumbled across a full page Hasbro range advert for the new season. Included amongst the brand logos was the Transformers Armada logo.

Flicking a bit further through, I find a preview piece on a Toy Fair coming up in London (November, I believe), with articles on the main companies present. Sure enough, I find the Hasbro column, where it lists all the lines being showcased... only a couple of lines about Transformers - but the one image accompanying the piece was a nice little drawing of Armada Prime.

What am I saying? Ah yes... Armada looks to be one of Hasbro UK's showcase lines for the new season. Probably start showing up around Christmas time, if not soon after.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Damn straight. Its about time Hasbro gave us some decent stuff instead of umpteen repaints. Sorry, generalising again.....
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

WOO HOO. AT LAST I GET TO COMPLETE A TF COLLECTION... or start one anyway.
Vincent Price
Protoform

Post by Vincent Price »

That's great. Hopefully they'll soon be available in the Netherlands. RiD was only available since......august. August 2002, that is.
Speaking of conservative candidates, I could just go on and on and on and on and on and not let anyone else get as word in it until I start foaming at the mouth and fall over backwards *starts foaming at the mouth and falls over backwards*
ProckoZero
Protoform

Post by ProckoZero »

What is this deal with Hasbro no longer selling stuff overseas due to licensing? I heard something to that effect on a GI Joe board and am really curious...granted, I'm in the US, but that would screw some people royally...

"Someone may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

I think it's because Hasbro doesn't think they'll make a profit by doing it, where as if they showed the accompanying cartoons on terrestrial TV instead of Sky only channels then the UK would see more and more kids would get their parents to buy them.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

It's true.

I mean not everyone had Fox Kids to watch RID. If you don't see the show, you can't get toys you know nothing about. i cannot remember if its still on but the toys are really REALLY slow at soming out over here.