your best christmas present ever?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Addl
Protoform

your best christmas present ever?

Post by Addl »

I guess the present I was mostly happy about was the Imperial ATAT of Star Wars I got at christmas in 1983 or so....

Second best would be the big Pirate Ship of Playmobil with which I would go into the bath tub with in the early 80's

Maybe aswell the Wild West Fort of Playmobil with the cannons and cavalry.

yours?

------------------
------------------
New updated
trade list
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

My Megadrive was one fav as my mum rarely bowed down to pressure or trends in kids which she thought woudlent last.Ironcally as soon as the SNES came out....

Other favs were Pm optimus as it was my first op. When I got all the Dinobots (after Slag).My starwars X wing was cool too.
There are sooo many though.

------------------
One great website.
Thanks to Skywarp-again for the pic below.

I wonder....
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Best Christmas presents ever? Well there was one year when Santa left me BOTH Metroplex and Scorponok - that was so cool!

I always wanted a Megatron and a Prime - but alas I never got one. I've still only ever seen a real Megatron a couple of times....and still want one....

A lot of Christmases were made good due to the arrival of Lego - in particular a lot of the Pirate and Castle lego from the late 80s.

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

Sig pictures and hosting available on request!!!!

--------
Kevin:You've got the wrong guy...I'm just a stupid keyboard player in a high school band...there's a million of me..."
Gwildor:Only one of you Kevin...only one of anybody!
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

My best Christmas present, came to me last year in the form of a red 1989 Mercury Cougar. It was a real good car, save a little rust. I had alot of fun in that thing, until it brokedown on me real bad.

Second best came two years ago when my parents bought me a bass guitar

------------------
Thanks to dai-atlas2000 for my sig
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Rolling Thunder (GI Joe missile tank, for the uninitiated), Christmas 1988. I was four years old. Favorite toy then, favorite toy now.

------------------
"In true honor of the emperor of destruction, I have set fire to my own couch." - Brawn
Sig presented by Skywarp the Omnificent of The TF Mausoleum
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

This Years christmas is the best- my moms quitting Smoking Image.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
Thanks to Dai our tea boy for this sig.
Watch the Birdy Laserbeak
Computron

Post by Computron »

thats good to hear Blaster, I wish her the best of luck

My best x-mas present ever was when I got Scattershot, Afterburner and Lightspeed to complete Computron about 88/89'ish. I also got Magnus, Galvatron and a couple of other tf's that x-mas so needless to say by 9.00am I was in the living room with all my other tfs kicking crap into the cons with my new gestalt and the lorry combination of magnus and prime

------------------
Nominate the true Megatron at Seibertron.com

Images thanks to THE AXALON. The one stop place on the internet for all your Beast Wars images
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

I haven't got it yet, but my best gift is this year's gift from my dad. My honors Brit Lit class has the option of taking a trip to England and I'm going. My dad's paying for all it cept my spending money. We're supposed to go on Nov. 13 but Bin Laden(Prick) changed all that and everyone got their knickers in a twist so we're going in March now. This got me and my friend p***ed off but we've got over it. Can't wait to go now.

Second best would be my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Technodrome toy. That thing was awesome. I could pack all my toys in it.

The third best was the Green Bay Packers beating the Pittsburgh Steelers on Christmas Eve. for the NFC Central Crown. I still remember the very last play of the game that won it for the Pack.

Honorable mention:Lava lamp that burnt out after I had it going 24/7 for two months.

------------------
Tell me what's on your mind. Or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!

Join TFW at www.transformerswrestling.homestead.com/tfw.html
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Powermaster Optimus Prime, which was my first Optimus Prime as well. I still have him, and I still think he is my coolest toy. Yes, I had many Chistmases where I got lego sets. Those were awesome. I usually got the castle sets, but I do have a few of the pirates. I'm sure I got a few GI Joes here or there during christmas. As for this year, I'm getting Railracer, RID Galvatron, and a few other things. Hopefully I'll be getting Sixshot for my birthday, since his reissue comes out the month before. Image

------------------
They were the dream--
--Mechanical beings able to transform
their bodies into vehicles, machinery
and weapons; a last line of defense
against the CHAOS-BRINGER,
UNICRON. Image

-Transformers: Issue 75-
"ON The Edge of Extinction!"

Looks like I'm:

PaladinPrime: Supporter of the kill all lurkers, and eat them campaign.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

The best Christmas gif I got was probably my TV, VCR, and CD player.

------------------
Bombshell: Da Man since 1984.
Located on the fifth floor of the TF Archive building.

<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/danai/decindex.html" TARGET=_blank>The Insecticon Mission: To be as big a nuisance as possible, while still remaining too useful to squish!
</A>
----------------
Brawn Pin made by Skywarp, sig master.
Bombshell Trivia winners: Getaway, Commander Shockwaeve (x2), Brendocon (x8), Starscreamsghost, Unicron(x2), Kickback (x4), Blitzwing (x7) Optimal Rattrap, Cliffjumper (x2), Philcom, Silly Cow, Capt, Ultra Magnus (x2).
Read The Transformers: The Movie 2: Battle Drive Script, written by the very nutty S-Ghost.
Mook List: Lord Sixshot, Saysadie, RCOSD, Felafel, Mookback, Brendocon, S-Ghost, Galvatron91, Sheba, Blaster_86, Jetfire, OmegaDenmad, Osku, Cosmotron, Addl, YTV, Fox Kids, Tellus.
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

My best Christmas present was the East End market stall. It was like this market stall trolley thing with lots of plastic food, I think I got it in either 88/89 when I was 4ish. The best thing was that when it was under the tree, my present was about 10 times bigger than everyone elses, which was a very cool thing back when I was a kiddie. I remember getting in the box it came with and my brother sealed me in and kicked me around a bit. So I cried...

But I still had hours of fun trying to sell plastic bananas to people in my street.

------------------

Fish Bee will destroy you unless you click here and, like, attend or something.

This new, improved sig was brought to you by sprites touch.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

In 1987, when I was 10, I got an NES.

Yeah I know, how can this be, Red doesn't celebrate X-Mas!
Simple, I was 10, as I say, and my Dad's Lutheran so he celebrates it. His family had an X-Mas party that year and a couple afterwards so I got gifts then.

See? Simple, wasn't it? Image

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the new sig pic!
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Have a few beers, kick back, we'll have some fun; If ya smell what Red is cookin'!

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
-------------------------
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

Probably Christmas 1985. I got about 12-15 Transformers that Christmas because I almost died of a child's disease earlier in that year. Man that was a great Christmas, I'll probably never see one like it again....I haven't yet. Image Image

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.wildcatblue.com/users/ukcats" TARGET=_blank> Visit the Transformers
Homage Homepage--Now with
a Message Board!</A>
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Hmm, trying to think back.

One year between my aunts/uncles I received a complete set to make Devastator. That, and a few other Transformers. Of course, time has blurred my memory as to which ones by now...

Wow, my childhood memories of Christmas are really fuzzy, except for the time I was sick with the flu. Mom stayed and took care of me instead of going ot see the family. I guess I felt a little guilty about that one.

--NMathew
________
redhead girl Webcam