• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2018-11-26, 09:58 PM   #1
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo
Default [REPAINT] Titans Return Getaway (WIP)

Being disappointed in the lack of paint on my TR Getaway, I've decided to spruce him up a bit with new details. I've never painted a TF before, so this will be a first (I'm not counting just painting some rims). I've painted miniatures before, but nothing to this degree. I grabbed some Testors metallics and flats and got to it this past weekend.

I just hope the metallic blue I've chosen for the arms works out. The red I picked for some detailing seems to match the transparent window color more than the red paint on the figure. I've got a lot more to do, but the face is done. More to come!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4657.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	419.5 KB
ID:	11880  

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 08:25 PM   #2
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Thumbs up

Excellent, tiny work so far. White and yellow paint are annoying to work with, and especially so in such small amounts.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 04:29 PM   #3
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Thanks! I've made some progress over the last couple days on other parts, notably the legs. The paints seem to be curing quite well already, but I also live in a fairly arid climate.

The arms and the chest are becoming tricky, but I think they'll turn out fine as well. The metallic blue is filling in nicely with additional thin coats. Hopefully in the next couple weeks it'll all be done and I will post some more.

Old 2018-11-29, 03:42 PM   #4
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Everything is coming along. Still have a couple more coats and touch-ups to do, but overall pretty happy how it's going. Gotta pick up a new bottle of flat white tonight to finish the crotch area. Attached some before and afters of the multitude of parts.

I've been actively staying away from painting joints, so I don't have to punch out pins or worry about wear or stickiness for movement/transformation.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4651.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	11881   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4662.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	11882  

Old 2018-11-29, 04:31 PM   #5
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

This is coming along nicely! I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

Avoiding painting joints is always a good idea, though sometimes it can be a headache in practice with how many moving parts a Transformer has.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 04:28 PM   #6
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
This is coming along nicely! I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

Avoiding painting joints is always a good idea, though sometimes it can be a headache in practice with how many moving parts a Transformer has.
Thanks!

Luckily, Getaway doesn't have too many joints, so it worked. The bits of white in the joints here and there work fine, I think, as the change in color isn't too jarring.

I finished him up over the weekend, but he still needs some time to cure before I transform him. He's all reassembled and ready to go! The only thing that bugged me is one of the shoulder screws would not go in straight, so I think it's cross-threaded, and the head stripped a bit. Luckily it's in there nearly flush, so it won't be an issue and there aren't any gaps in the torso because of it.

I don't mind the gloss finish as of now, but I do have some Dullcote if I want to try it. Do any of you guys have a perspective on Dullcote over a gloss enamel? I don't know how well that would work. Just curious. I also didn't touch the red on the chest, so there's a bit of a mismatch there, but I think it works well enough for now.

I need to get a photo with some flash for some clarity as well. It's hard to see the differences in blue and black, especially on the arms.

Name:	IMG_4702.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	452.8 KB
ID:	11900