Prince William getting married!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Hound

Prince William getting married!

Post by Hound »

Cool!

Reactions?
Sades

Post by Sades »

I was initally going to make a joke involving the words "elderly", "china tea sets", and "doilies", but I changed my mind. out of respect, you see.

I just read an article on that. Um, "go, guy with receding hairline, way to snatch that attractive young lady while you still have hair." Not that it matters, he's going to be the ****ing King of England. He could look like his father and still find the wimmen.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Lets hope this one knows the importance of wearing a seat belt...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Seems a nice guy, does good charity work, does a good days work rather than sit on his arse and for once is marrying outside the family.

Good luck to him :)
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Good luck to them both. Poor b@stard needs some happiness in his life. He supports Aston Villa AND he lives in Wales. Jeez.
Wreck and Rule!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

All anyone at work is talking about is the wedding, and more specifically how they aren't interested. At all. In the slightest. Have I told
about Prince William's wedding? And how not interested I am?
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Summerhayes wrote: Have I told about Prince William's wedding? And how not interested I am?
Have I told you about how I'm not interested in how you're not interested in Prince William's wedding?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well I'm interested, she'll probably be queen and for a while as young as the two of them are.

Together for 8 years already, with bumps along the way but still together. I like their chances.

I'm so hopelessly romantic...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I doubt she'll be queen, Lizzy 2.0 doesn't seem to be planning to die at any point. Love the ring thing, though - "Here, have the ring of my mother who married a prince, didn't really fancy him, shagged a rugby player, got divorced, and got pwned by pararazzi on motorcycles while getting fingered by a department store heir, I'm sure it's good luck".

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/cele ... 011173261/
particularly:
Royal engagement newspaper bullshit round-up:

Each and every one us will be deeply affected by the looming royal marriage... (Peter Oborne, Daily Telegraph)

In an important sense, this betrothal has far more to teach a new generation about relationships - and fidelity, too. (Bel Mooney, Daily Mail)

For Kate and William, their engagement has profound national significance. They will help form our collective imagination. They are now part of what we are as a nation, how we define ourselves as individuals. (Peter Oborne, Daily Telegraph)

As somebody whose business it is to study the human heart.. (Bel Mooney, Daily Mail - she actually wrote those words)

Today we are wiser and perhaps more humane. The unrealistic expectations that destroyed Charles and Diana have gone. (Peter Oborne, Daily Telegraph - he's playing a blinder)

It is rare these days that we glimpse broad sunlit uplands, but this is one such moment. (Daily Telegraph editorial - sweet ****ing Jesus)

And the winner is (obviously)...

Diana, the bride at every royal funeral and the mourner at every royal wedding, was present in more than just the engagement ring which sat so heavily on the hand of this young woman who must now walk a mile in her bloodied shoes, on a road leading who knows where. (Julie Burchill, The Independent)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Summerhayes wrote:All anyone at work is talking about is the wedding, and more specifically how they aren't interested. At all. In the slightest. Have I told
about Prince William's wedding? And how not interested I am?
I'm sorry but I don't care at all to hear about how you don't care at all. Not even enough to post a message explaining so. Ta.

Nah, they seem like a nice enough couple*, and it's pleasant to have something pleasant in the news for a change.

*Not a pair of blithering retards
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Clay wrote:and it's pleasant to have something pleasant in the news for a change.
We're likely going to have to endure approximately 6-9 months of blanket coverage. Saying it's pleasant to have something pleasant in the news is a bit like greeting winter in the Antarctic with "nice that the sun's gone down for a while".
Hound

Post by Hound »

Halfshell wrote:We're likely going to have to endure approximately 6-9 months of blanket coverage. Saying it's pleasant to have something pleasant in the news is a bit like greeting winter in the Antarctic with "nice that the sun's gone down for a while".
That's what you get for living in the UK. :p
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Hound wrote:That's what you get for living in the UK. :p
That and Jeremy Kyle.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Well, that's fantastic news!

Oh wait, it says married, not marred. My bad.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Sades

Post by Sades »

When I was a kid I gave a crap about this shit because we only had two channels and it was always on the TV. Now, everything is always on the TV and we're all spoiled for choice.

Uphill, both ways, winter! That's right!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

I read about this earlier today and I wish them well (not that I've ever wished anyone ill who was getting married).

It seems, or rather it was suggested, the couple are facing an unusual tight rope act where the wedding is concerned — it can't be seen as too expensive but must still measure up to such things as a prince getting married and what not. Which begs the question: how do you do a grand ceremony without doing an ostentatious one?
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'm happy for them. It was a bit depressing watching the news and seeing the general publics total apathy towards something nice actually happening in our rapidly collapsing country. none of the people interviewed had anything nice to say at all. it made me sad.
Sades

Post by Sades »

People get married every day though. Now with world events literally at our fingertips, I can see how this could be viewed as insignificant as compared to other things.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Exactly Sades - that's how most people I know feel. I wish them well, but no more so than the millions(thousands? Whatever) of other people I don't know and have no particular reason to dislike who get married every year.

It's quite irritating to have it blatted all over the news too. It's just not relevant to most peoples' lives in the UK. Especially as most are struggling financially and this is going to be a drain on public funds.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, they reckon it's going to bring a bit of money to the eceonomy, so maybe it'll be good financially. Beyond the possibility of public funding, though, I'm not sure how this is different from any other celebrity wedding. Aside from the possibility that we'll get a day off out of it.