Dr Horribles Sing Along Blog

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Dr Horribles Sing Along Blog

Post by CounterPunch »

For anyone that doesnt know what this is, its a little web creation from Joss Whedon and a few other guys. 3 short web episodes following a "supervillain" Dr Horrible... only in musical form. The first debuted last night on drhorrible.com, second will be Thurs and last will be Saturday.

It stars Neil Patrick Harris (Starship Troopers, Doogie Howser M.D) and Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Serenity, Buffy, Slither) in the lead roles.

Its the funnest 15 minutes I've had on the comp for a while, the singing is good and comically well written (anyone that has seen Once More With Feeling has the idea) and I quite like the story itself.

Anyone else caught it yet?
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Yes, I have seen it (thanks to my wife’s laptop’s connectivity), and yes, it is the awesome. :)

Anyone who’s a fan of Joss – or brothers Jed and Zack, and soon-to-be sister-in-law Marissa Tarounchen (sp??) – Neil Patrick Harris, Felicia Day (The Guild web series, Vi the Potential on BtVS), Nathan Fillion, super-villains and heroes, musicals, silliness, cynicism, frozen yogurt, laundromats, or productions which bypass the studio system entirely should go to drhorrible.com NOW.

(And I do mean now – it’s being pulled from the web by Monday. Eventually to be available as a paid download or on DVD – with extras including singing commentary – but the free playing of all three parts on the site will be coming to an end.)

Cameos by other Mutant Enemy writer/producers and work by Whedon vets including Lisa Lassek, Shawna Trpic, and Zoic added bonuses for fans of Firefly/Serenity, Buffy, and Angel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

There must be more people who have seen this...

It is one of the best things I've seen in a very long time, filled with subtle jokes, obvious jokes, innuendos, two of the best characters Whedon has created (Nathan Fillion as Captain Hammer just has me in stitches) and incredibly catchy songs.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Right, I have now finally seen this.

It is awesome.

Bait & Switch. Ha.

I still love Felicia Day.

Yet more singing cameos for David Fury and Marti Noxon.

What heist were you watching?

These are not the hammer.

I don't go to the gym.

Can't wait for the singing commentary. Have we got a DVD ETA yet?
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Halfshell wrote: Can't wait for the singing commentary. Have we got a DVD ETA yet?
Not precisely. The general expectation is by December; but, they're still accepting "Evil League of Evil" applications - the best of which will be included in another special feature - so work on the content won't be done for another few weeks, at least.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

*bump-pa-bump*

Pre-orders now on Amazon (and shooting up the charts); to be out on Dec 19th (or possibly sooner). Links and details, including a Joss Whedon post, here: http://whedonesque.com/comments/18243
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

If anyone manages to find any UK based stores (either Region 2, or maybe a place that stocks Region 1) that sell this can they lemme know, the shipping from amazon.com is like a month.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Well, though it looks like Amazon may be the only place to get it, at least at first - the good news is that it's been confirmed to be a region-free release (!).