TFA Diablock

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Paul053

TFA Diablock

Post by Paul053 »

:lol: Did some body just mention Lego (or similar style bricks) can do anything?

These just look terrible to me. But maybe a good start.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Wow! Talk about fugly!

That very talented chap Alan Yap could do far better, I'm sure. His stuff is ace!
Wreck and Rule!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I've seen good LEGO MOCs, and I've seen bad ones. These fall under bad.

B looks absolutely nothing like his cartoon self.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Mmm, I seriously doubt Lego are actually involved with something that badly done - the commercial kits are much more advanced and would smooth off a lot of edges and bring in custom pieces, plus I suspect there'd be minifig compatibility. They look more like simple fan creations to me, which of course means they're highly likely to be official Takara products, though the final versions will probably have arbitrary metallic pieces.

IIRC Lego don't tend to co-produce with others anyway - if they were going to do Transformers, they'd licence it and these figures would be made by Lego and just have Transformers branding, and presumably aren't going to link up with a market rival, which is why Built to Rule was Built to Rule and not Lego Transformers.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's this stuff/company, by the looks of it.

http://www.architoys.net/toys/toypages/diablock.html
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Cliffjumper wrote:IIRC Lego don't tend to co-produce with others anyway - if they were going to do Transformers, they'd licence it and these figures would be made by Lego and just have Transformers branding, and presumably aren't going to link up with a market rival, which is why Built to Rule was Built to Rule and not Lego Transformers.
Lego's representations usually look more like this. Has Lego ever done any "transforming" sets anyway?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

They did a Technic set, but that was a long time ago - http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=8852-1
Preda

Post by Preda »

Yup, but it's nothing more than "flip over part xy to turn it into something completely different" -style. For example, in the Alpha Team Arctic-line there was kind of a snowmobile turning into a helicopter. Saw it in person, sucks.

Here it is:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=268918

But more than that? Not that I know.

And these Diablocks... nope.. and please change the title, this has nothing to do with Lego ;)

// Ah, forgot that one.
Paul053

TFA Diablock

Post by Paul053 »

Preda wrote:And these Diablocks... nope.. and please change the title, this has nothing to do with Lego ;)
Agree. I will change the title. The success of Lego is everything build similar to it will be called Lego first and then let's find out and worry about the name later. Even for some lame designs, Lego's brick quality is still better than others. My cousin gave me some bricks for my son (forgot about the name) that are compatible with Lego duplo but they suck really bad.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Gah, I've seen way better on MoCpages....
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

The Diablock thing is really up, and they just look awful, really awful.

OP
BB
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The vehicle modes are pretty lame, but I actually kind-of like the robot modes - they look like Lego Transformers, rather than Transformers made of Lego, and would be pretty cool to have interacting with Lego models.*

* I'm fully aware this stuff isn't actual Lego. Christ, what a world we live in, having to twat-proof comments on kids' toys...
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Prime's robot mode is actually not bad.

This sort of linked to our discussion in the alternity Starscream and Skywarp thread, if they don't put on the name for TF or OP and BB, they are not a bad toy after all. But if they put on, they might allure more people spend their money.