RiD in the UK

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

RiD in the UK

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's not definite, but thought it might help. An e-mail received by me from Fox Kids UK:-

"Hi there,

thanks for your questions concerning our channel. Firstly, we
are
looking to launch the new series of Transformers in the summer, as of
yet we
do not have any specific dates but as we get closer to the launch we
will be
advertising it extensively. As for Avengers, we showed this programme
last
year, and it is likely we will be repeating it sometime this year, but
again
we have no specific date set.

Thanks for your interest,

James"

You might wanna ignore the Avengers bit.
Trident
Protoform

Post by Trident »

Who cares about Avengers what about the Justice Leigue (excuse the spelling)
Trident is the beginning...... Compassion.... nnnaaaaahhhh

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I care about the Avengers, and I don't give a flying fuzor about the JLA [you're obviously a dedicated fan of JLA, what with your inability to spell 'League' and all...], okay idiot?
Denyer

Strong contender...

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Trident
what about the Justice Le{a}gue
...for the worst superhero film ever.

I'm quite partial to the more recent graphic novels, though.

Finally, we might actually get some new RiD toys! Me want mini-Scourge! Heck, me want Scourge!
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Let's hope so! Keep us updated will ya Cliffjumper?
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
TF @ The Moon
Protoform

Post by TF @ The Moon »

We're waiting to get confimation from the head of Fox Kids UK as a high flyer at Fox Kids is mates with a guy Dave works with hence why we are getting a free copy of Beast Machines uncut. He did confirm that he was the guy who bought BM over and another series, but as he did not name it we could not announce that when he told us 3 weeks back. But as he is up the top he takes a while to reply to our quesitons, but we hope to have it confirmed and an airring date if it is confirmed soon
Cause you have No Need For Website
gazatron
Protoform

RID in the UK

Post by gazatron »

Just thought you might be interested to know that I emailed Fox Kis Uk to ask if they had any plans to show RID in the near future and the response came back
"Yep, look out for it in June! "
So other UK TF fans can look forward to this series finally being on UK TV (albeit satellite).
It would be great if this site could start hosting RID too for those who aren't lucky enough to live in the US/UK or have satellite/cable.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

From what I agther the Avengers cartoon was very lame especially as Cap, Thor and Ironman were left out to keep their solo cartoons open (Serves marvel right for being so greedy) and the JLA one is susposed to be very good but those are basically the general opinions from fans and comic book guys across the net.

While they wernt without flaws the old Spiderman and X-men cartoons from the early/mid 90's were very good. Not on par with the best of the comic but close to the spirit of the comics, tried to do them justice and it was nice to see the best of the story lines being transfered over in intresting ways :)

The Batman cartoon was prehaps an example of a cartoon out doing a great comic character.Intense story lines, characterisation, the concept gradually evolved nicely, captured the spirt of what it should be, dark and gritty and very well written. Man I'm close to rating it over my other favs like D&D, Cities of Gold and Peanut's.
TF @ The Moon
Protoform

Its official ow, we told you we'd get confirmation!!!!!

Post by TF @ The Moon »

It's Official Fox Kids UK WILL be showing Robots in Disguise in June, at Midday!!!!!

The guy who bought it over, Daniel Andrews who also bought over Beast Machines, has let us know this today (damn lucky I work with his mate :)). We wasn't too impressed with it though (he personally prefers Beast Machines).

So all you lucky guys and gals with Digital, or Sat TV, enjoy. Us other people will just sit here and get jelous.

Dave

TF @ The Moon
Cause you have No Need For Website