19 and the Nemesis

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Animus Prime
Protoform

19 and the Nemesis

Post by Animus Prime »

Reading the TPB of MTMTE vol. 2, p. 451 states that 19 Autobots made up the iconic core of the Autobot army and were the crew of the Ark. On 451-452, it shows a spread of the original crew as:

1. Windcharger
2. Gears
3. Bumblebee
4. Cliffjumper
5. Brawn
6. Huffer
7. Mirage
8. Bluestreak
9. Prowl
10. Jazz
11. Ironhide
12. Optimus Prime
13. Sunstreaker
14. Sideswipe
15. Wheeljack
16. Trailbreaker
17. Ratchet
18. Hound

Who's number 19? Is this an error, or am I missing a bot?

Likewise, same book, p. 466 shows the original crew of the Nemesis as:

1. Rumble
2. Laserbeak
3. Frenzy
4. Soundwave
5. Starscream
6. Thundercracker
7. Skywarp
8. Megatron

While not pictured, I would also add:

9. Ravage
10. Buzzsaw

Anyone else I'm missing?
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Animus Prime
16. Trailbreaker
If I recall correctly, they actaully drew Hoist instead oif him. :o
I think it was intentional, and it was supposed to be something brought later in the series.
Animus Prime
Protoform

Post by Animus Prime »

Which of course never happened because DW went belly-up. Great. Just great.

I had never even heard of the DW series before I came here, and now that I've discovered it, I'm really angry about its fate. To me, it really seemed liked the writers really cared about the characters and the continuity, and despite making some changes, I felt it was all in the effort to create a better alignment between the original cartoon continuity and the long-running Marvel comic. I didn't mind the changes, because I sincerely felt that the creators were being careful and doing something to really flesh out the characters.

Now that's all gone.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Re: 19 and the Nemesis

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Huller. :laugh:
3. Frenzy
10. Buzzsaw

No. Soundwave retrieved Frenzy in "The Ultimate Doom pt3".
Buzzsaw, sometime later between seasons 1 and 2.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Re: Re: 19 and the Nemesis

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
Huller. :laugh:

No. Soundwave retrieved Frenzy in "The Ultimate Doom pt3".
Buzzsaw, sometime later between seasons 1 and 2.
The Ultimate Doom is not part of Dreamwave`s continuity.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

How did the Constructicons and Aerialbots and that clone of Red Alert, Astrotrain and Blitzwing get to earth?
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I just tell myself the 19th bot was Hauler
Animus Prime
Protoform

Post by Animus Prime »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
I just tell myself the 19th bot was Hauler

That's the second time someone's made the reference-- care to explain the inside joke? Is this sort of a Bumper/Bumblejumper thing?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To me, it really seemed liked the writers really cared about the characters and the continuity, and despite making some changes, I felt it was all in the effort to create a better alignment between the original cartoon continuity and the long-running Marvel comic.
:lol:

Give me a minute to clamber back onto my chair...

Erm, they cared about continuity? How, by ignoring their own continuity left, right and centre?

"Oh ****, Wheeljack's dead, let's all be sad".
"No, wait, he was just pretending. PARTY!"

"Superion got obliterated by that nuke, stupidly. Let's all be sad."
"No, look the Spooks [TM] have him and he just looks a bit dented."

"Grimlock's a treacherous Decepticon scumbag!"
"Oh no, he was just having a laff. That krazy Grimmers. Doesn't he look r0xx0r with a Decepticon logo though? Tissue, please."

Not to mention inter-story continuity problems [see Vol. 2] or the laziness of it all: -

"Hey, Jetfire, thank god you turned up out of nowhere. The Phoenix is kicking our arse."
"Don't worry, I have Omega Supreme in a box just the other side of that hill."

McDonough and Patyk only cared about milking money out of pathetic fanboys who masturbated frantically about the appearances of "new" characters released twenty years ago, or spotting random production codes on computer read-outs. They treated readers with contempt, and were rewarded with handjobs.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
McDonough and Patyk only cared about milking money out of pathetic fanboys who masturbated frantically about the appearances of "new" characters released twenty years ago, or spotting random production codes on computer read-outs. They treated readers with contempt, and were rewarded with handjobs.

So what else is new in the comic book field?
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Animus Prime
Protoform

Post by Animus Prime »

I am thoroughly chastised.

I still like the DW stuff, though.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

You know, I wonder if they weren't going to just say 'Hauler' was one of the 'nineteen' after all. There's no one else in the 1984 lineup that it could be, and most of the 1985 lineup was accounted for.

Hard to say if they were making a subtle reference, or just cocked it up, though.
Loki
Protoform

Post by Loki »

I am thoroughly chastised.

I still like the DW stuff, though.

Hell, don't be chastised! It's not like you've expressed a stupid and unteneable opinion like 'Frenzy is Red' ;)

It's ok to like whatever you want. Personally, I didn't mind the change in historical continuity. It's just that, overall, the plots were drawn out and characterisations were poor. But then you could probably say that about a lot of the comics I enjoy... :wall:
Animus Prime
Protoform

Post by Animus Prime »

Originally posted by Loki
Hell, don't be chastised! It's not like you've expressed a stupid and unteneable opinion like 'Frenzy is Red' ;)

It's ok to like whatever you want. Personally, I didn't mind the change in historical continuity. It's just that, overall, the plots were drawn out and characterisations were poor. But then you could probably say that about a lot of the comics I enjoy... :wall:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. What it comes down to, as a former comic addict, I'm starting to see them for what they are. I've always felt that comics were like soap operas for guys who weren't into sports-- continuing stories, characters you love and hate, etc., etc. There's never any real resolution because if there was, they couldn't keep publishing, and therefore, keep us buying.

With that in mind, the plot lines become entangled, confusing, and tedious-- if you're into comics, maybe you don't think so, but comics are a very closed medium. Basically, if I can't explain the plot of what's happening in a comic book to a non-comic book reader in a few minutes, chances are it's because it's so messed up. Don't think so? Try explaining how exactly Superman came back to life or why there are three Robins without delivering a dissertation-- it's not so easy. Then when you throw in magic, time travel, super powers, futuristic technology, etc., etc., etc.-- you get the idea.

As for TFs? The G1 cartoon continuity is mine-- it follows my rule of which came first-- the cartoon did. I tried the original Marvel run a few times as a kid-- it bothered me that it was so different, though I did like how it tried to patch up some of the cartoon's plotholes. Really, though, I only like the original TF: Universe series. Hence, I got the TPBs of the DW: MTMTE-- TFs has always been, to me, about the characters. As a kid, I could always make up my own stories using those great characters-- the toys certainly helped, too-- but it's not so easy the other way around.

I digress . . .
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I vote for Skids . He is always getting forgotten . He spent most of his comic appearanced in Limbo and never really made the cartoon.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

The G1 cartoon continuity is mine-- it follows my rule of which came first-- the cartoon did.

IF you mean which you have got to know first. Cause, chronologically, cartoon actually wasn't first.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Try explaining how exactly Superman came back to life or why there are three Robins without delivering a dissertation-- it's not so easy.

Ok I'll try!

Superman came back to life because the American public demanded it pure and simple.

Robin 1 was Dick Greyson. He's now all grown up and has since became his own man and has developed his own super-hero identity Nightwing.

Robin 2 was Jason Todd. He was a punk Batman caught trying to
steal the Batmobile's hubcaps. He saw some potentional in Jason
Todd and trained to be Robin.
The Joker (acting on the fans' request) killed him in the "Death in the Family" storyline.

Robin 3 is Tim Drake he figure out Batman's secert identity and
this impressed Batman so much that he became the third and is the current Robin.

Robin 4 was Stephine (I don't recall know her last name) her father was one of Batman's lamer supervillians and she got fed up of with Dad's criminal life so she became the Spoiler and Drake's off and on girlfriend, when Tim quit being Robin for awhile to spend more time with his family and she saw another girl kiss Tim she sewed her own Robin costume and sought Batman out. When Batman told her that he would not train her she stood up to him and he relented and she became the 4th Robin until she disobeyed a direct order from Batman that got her fired.
She resumed her Spoiler persona and was later killed in the War Games storyline.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Superman came back to life because the American public demanded it pure and simple.

No-one at DC Comics ever seriously intended to keep Superman dead forever.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Originally posted by Nevermore
No-one at DC Comics ever seriously intended to keep Superman dead forever.

Well that too. :p :p